Eric Kendricks Durability at 32

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

There are 2 reasons why Kendricks signed here:
  • He was affordable.
  • He likes playing under Mike Zimmer.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

Hope EK works out here. The odds are not great.
Not crying over his age, there was basically nothing else to pick through.
32 is not old if you can still play, and Kendricks is a young 32 still.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobhqze: off topic - just read at SI.com that two factors in Wagoner decision to head to Washington was new HC Quinn and LB Coach Ken Norton, Jr.
So was it just his salary demand (and not staying on the west coast to play) that kept Wagner from coming to Dallas the last two seasons?
I heard all the Bobby Wagner is too expensive, isn’t interested and only will live on west coast stuff all last year.

We signed LVE for $500K less than BW last year. And got 5 games from LVE. No FO can sign a player if they don’t even try.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not crying over his age, there was basically nothing else to pick through.
32 is not old if you can still play, and Kendricks is a young 32 still.
Don’t disagree. But the reason there was “nothing left” was because this FO was obviously never serious about using FA to get appreciably better. It puts all the improvements on the success of the draft.

Not only risky, it’s just not a serious way to build a contender.

Motorola

Reaction score
Kendricks is still a solid linebacker that they needed badly. They also have Overshown coming back and could very well get more linebacker depth before camp starts.

Kendricks also doesn't cost them a compensatory pick and was a lot cheaper than Wagner and 3 years younger. Overall, signing Kendricks was a solid move. Hopefully, it pays off.
Wagner was born June 27th, 1990.
Kendricks' birth date was February 29th, 1992.
One year + 8 months difference.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you ask Seahawk fans they said he slipped badly last year, that his big tackle numbers are a product of scheme and the players around him and is a big liability in coverage.

I’m sure he’s still good and perhaps those fans are Hawks version of zoners who eat their own.
You’re not listening to the right Seahawks fans. Wagner played in all 17 games, led the league in tackles, had 4 sacks, and was a second team ALL Pro.

If ‘some hawks fans see that as “slipping”maybe they are the ones who are slipping, lol.

quickccc

Reaction score
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

• He was affordable.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

i heard rumors that Kendricks & Zim were not always on good terms.
But if that were such the case that badly, i doubt he would have decided to sign here with Zim.

K is limited athletically at this point of his career, but he has LB instincts and more of a natural at mike middle LB than
what Clark was forced into per injury situation. K has a solid IQ mode and he knows the Zim defense.
He'll be the defensive signal caller. This is where having him will come in incredibly handy.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

• He was affordable.

He looks smaller that the guy that interviewed him. Better get some DTs fast.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Kendricks is still a solid linebacker that they needed badly. They also have Overshown coming back and could very well get more linebacker depth before camp starts.

Kendricks also doesn't cost them a compensatory pick and was a lot cheaper than Wagner and 3 years younger. Overall, signing Kendricks was a solid move. Hopefully, it pays off.

Agree now hoping for something else.

Motorola

Reaction score
i heard rumors that Kendricks & Zim were not always on good terms.
But if that were such the case that badly, i doubt he would have decided to sign here with Zim.

K is limited athletically at this point of his career, but he has LB instincts and more of a natural at mike middle LB than
what Clark was forced into per injury situation. K has a solid IQ mode and he knows the Zim defense.
He'll be the defensive signal caller. This is where having him will come in incredibly handy.
Both coach and player are nearing the end of NFL careers, getting together for a second time on a now perrenial playoff team could pay dividends.
But given the recent departures by Cowboys starters and rotation team members- it will be a challenge to keep it going for a fourth straight season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does it matter? With all the players the Cowboys lost and will lose as Free Agency continues, the chances of all those roster spots getting filled with equal or better players is 0. I think Cowboys fans are going to be shocked at how bad the Cowboys team will be in 2024. Mike McCarthy is getting set up so badly by the Joneses he should resign now before he is embarrassed. .
I don't understand the "set up" rationale. If they want him gone, they'll fire him. The money they'd owe him is a pittance, compared to the money they'd make if the new coach were to go deep into the playoffs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• He was affordable.

I'll give him a chance to play before I judge him...I guess if one goes in thinking he'll struggle, you can't be that disappointed.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

• He was affordable.

He also wasn't playing MLB there in SF

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don't understand the "set up" rationale. If they want him gone, they'll fire him. The money they'd owe him is a pittance, compared to the money they'd make if the new coach were to go deep into the playoffs.

I think the FO rationale is how horrible they looked in the Playoff game no way no how MM got the extension . Let him play out the string see how it ends up . As a fan I look forward to more FA pick ups and the draft . The last thing I want to see is a horrible 24 season .

Wash did Jerry a favor taking DQ.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Getting Diggs & Overshown back will be a plus to this defense and I’m hoping Jerry brings Gilmore back let Bland play the slot