Eric Kendricks Durability at 32

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't understand the "set up" rationale. If they want him gone, they'll fire him. The money they'd owe him is a pittance, compared to the money they'd make if the new coach were to go deep into the playoffs.
One thing people are theorizing is they don't want to pay two HCs. The other thing is how do you hire a new coach and then dump most of your roster while getting nothing in return?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Niners wanted him, that's good enough for me

They have real football people over there
I suspect the niners wanted Kendricks as a stop gap until Greenlaw is back from his achilles injury suffered at the SB in Feb. Greenlaw may not be back to form until after the season starts so Kendricks would have been the band aid and probably not a long term starter.

Here in Big D Kendricks will be the LB centerpiece.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Does it matter? With all the players the Cowboys lost and will lose as Free Agency continues, the chances of all those roster spots getting filled with equal or better players is 0. I think Cowboys fans are going to be shocked at how bad the Cowboys team will be in 2024. Mike McCarthy is getting set up so badly by the Joneses he should resign now before he is embarrassed. .
if Jerry just thinks all in means what teague said, we are in big trouble. Like you said, we lost way too many players and haven't filled any holes really. We dont have enough picks to address it all. My hope is we arent done in free agency.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I suspect the niners wanted Kendricks as a stop gap until Greenlaw is back from his achilles injury suffered at the SB in Feb. Greenlaw may not be back to form until after the season starts so Kendricks would have been the band aid and probably not a long term starter.

This but wouldn’t take much to start here.

rambo2

Reaction score

Kendricks will be the green dot. Which will be a good thing. He knows what he is doing and knows the system.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

There are 2 reasons why Kendricks signed here:
  • He was affordable.
  • He likes playing under Mike Zimmer.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

Hope EK works out here. The odds are not great.
I don’t care if Kendrick is bowling at a pro level.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Ohh I get it now you wanna bring up age at linebacker but when it's him he's isolated from the NFL and free from being injured at all from what I've seen from kendricks he sure has a lot of tackles every year that means he's a lot more durable than you're giving him credit for and you only wanna say that because anything that Jones is do you wanna say the opposite you don't wanna admit it was a good pick up especially since he's a Zimmer guy.... It's quite alright I know you guys game in here it's whatever the Joneses do it's always gonna be negative blowback it's always gonna be the wrong move...

And I'm sticking to what I said they're all the same age they play the same position th

Ohh I get it now you wanna bring up age at linebacker but when it's him he's isolated from the NFL and free from being injured at all from what I've seen from kendricks he sure has a lot of tackles every year that means he's a lot more durable than you're giving him credit for and you only wanna say that because anything that Jones is do you wanna say the opposite you don't wanna admit it was a good pick up especially since he's a Zimmer guy.... It's quite alright I know you guys game in here it's whatever the Joneses do it's always gonna be negative blowback it's always gonna be the wrong move...

And I'm sticking to what I said they're all the same age they play the same position they're all in the NFC East they all would have the same risk
Just like every move the Jones make is the right one for you.....so stop always defending the guy, he ain't gonna pay you. As for Kendricks, he is not even close to Wagner.....and durability is a big factor whether you agree with it or not. No one said he was dogmeat.....he is 32 and at this point just hanging on. As I've said before, Jones seems always to be a day late and a dollar short with some of these FA signings. But he wants cheap, so he gets cheap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Kendricks has been a very good LB for most of his 9 year career. He played in Minn 8 years and was a first team All Pro and pro bowler in 2019. A good but not spectacular career. His one season for the chargers last year was a pretty good one although not great.

There are 2 reasons why Kendricks signed here:
  • He was affordable.
  • He likes playing under Mike Zimmer.
I guess it’s good we have what was once a really good LB. But I do question his durability at a position where their body is in a car crash every play. Regarding Kendricks’ durability, in his 9 seasons in the NFL he’s only played a full season two times. Now he’s certainly played in most games, but he has missed 19 games over his career including 8 games in the last 4 seasons.

Hope EK works out here. The odds are not great.
Much higher probably of Kendricks finishing 2024 healthy than the probability at this time last year of Vander Esch finishing the 2023 season...

rambo2

Reaction score
Just like every move the Jones make is the right one for you.....so stop always defending the guy, he ain't gonna pay you. As for Kendricks, he is not even close to Wagner.....and durability is a big factor whether you agree with it or not. No one said he was dogmeat.....he is 32 and at this point just hanging on. As I've said before, Jones seems always to be a day late and a dollar short with some of these FA signings. But he wants cheap, so he gets cheap.
Kindricks is a good solid player.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He also went on the record after Zimmer got fired in Minnesota saying he was looking forward to playing for a new coach who didn't have a fear based culture. Not sure he likes playing for Zimmer as much as he likes starting in the NFL.
I remember reading that too. I think Jerry won't let Zimmer do anything to his kids while he's still the boss. Zim will be gone before Jerry's kids get disciplined.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who's paying you your opinion means nothing to me like mine seems to have no weight with you Kendrick played seventeen games two years ago and was on the NFL top 100 he played fourteen games or was it 15 last year so his durability is not an issue right now I mean here we are all the arguments to why tyron Smith should stay people want guys like Henry who are older also at risk for injury and being lost and falling off the Cliff I say again you're here ripping Jerry because it's easy to do so anything he does is gonna be the wrong thing and fans eyes even though you know nothing about running a $10 billion football operation so take a step back move back in your lane and just let this process take out you can defend anybody all you want but I'm telling you right now all three of those linebackers now in the NFC East are all high risk for injury or falling off the Cliff IE getting washed really fast none of them are in their prime and none of them are better than each other they're all on the same level get over yourself if Bobby Wagner was that good why didn't the Rams keep him longer than one year why didn't his own team who brought him back keep him longer hell why didn't Seattle let him go in the 1st place the move the man is moving around much like Brandon cooks much like a lot of players his age and Kendrick there's no different they're all in the same category I'll say it 20 times you're making these accusations because Jerry brought him in even though the 49ers were interested first ohh but he barks at going there and comes here now he's washed up... We get it you need to wake up everyday and at least make 7 posts that are anti Cowboys which is usually anti Jerry that'll make you happy but most teams make these same moves all over the NFL and in the NFC East Wagner white and kendricks are all the same guy you can claim you know better and I'm telling you you don't... The man's been to a Pro Bowl NFL top 100 he's been in all pro just finished the 17 game season in 2022 and played like 14 or 15 games in 2023 so all of a sudden now he's injury prone and can't play but yet you want tyron you want Henry you want all these other old guys it's OK but ohh if Jerry doesn't bring him in they're saviors but if he does they're washed up and broke down because you say so how about this the trade for Gilmore and cooks those were good trades those are like bringing in free agents and they started all year long they're old they're moving teams a lot and yet they still made impacts on this team whether you like it or not they all fall in the same category free agency is this way lots of guys that are over 30 years old that can still help A-Team are moving around at late in their careers...
I don't need to be paid this is my own opinion from being part of football all my life and watching this Cowboys team all my life and I'm telling you I know the NFL anytime Jerry makes a move you say it's wrong because people don't like Jerry but most teams are making these same moves same types of players so go find someone else to preach to... This has nothing to do with me being somehow rose colored glasses and pro Jerry I am not pro Jerry I don't care who owns this team or who the coach is or the quarterback I follow the team who's here then I'm gonna support them and when I watch all the moves around the NFL and see similar moves I could tell you this is just normal NFL operations....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's never played for Dallas so his durability will be done. After eating all those cupcakes he will be out after 4 or 5 games with a bad injury. We take fitness not to seriously. I hope he gets a lady's purse and can carry it to the games before he gets hurt though. good luck guy, don't eat all the cupcakes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's paying you your opinion means nothing to me like mine seems to have no weight with you Kendrick played seventeen games two years ago and was on the NFL top 100 he played fourteen games or was it 15 last year so his durability is not an issue right now I mean here we are all the arguments to why tyron Smith should stay people want guys like Henry who are older also at risk for injury and being lost and falling off the Cliff I say again you're here ripping Jerry because it's easy to do so anything he does is gonna be the wrong thing and fans eyes even though you know nothing about running a $10 billion football operation so take a step back move back in your lane and just let this process take out you can defend anybody all you want but I'm telling you right now all three of those linebackers now in the NFC East are all high risk for injury or falling off the Cliff IE getting washed really fast none of them are in their prime and none of them are better than each other they're all on the same level get over yourself if Bobby Wagner was that good why didn't the Rams keep him longer than one year why didn't his own team who brought him back keep him longer hell why didn't Seattle let him go in the 1st place the move the man is moving around much like Brandon cooks much like a lot of players his age and Kendrick there's no different they're all in the same category I'll say it 20 times you're making these accusations because Jerry brought him in even though the 49ers were interested first ohh but he barks at going there and comes here now he's washed up... We get it you need to wake up everyday and at least make 7 posts that are anti Cowboys which is usually anti Jerry that'll make you happy but most teams make these same moves all over the NFL and in the NFC East Wagner white and kendricks are all the same guy you can claim you know better and I'm telling you you don't... The man's been to a Pro Bowl NFL top 100 he's been in all pro just finished the 17 game season in 2022 and played like 14 or 15 games in 2023 so all of a sudden now he's injury prone and can't play but yet you want tyron you want Henry you want all these other old guys it's OK but ohh if Jerry doesn't bring him in they're saviors but if he does they're washed up and broke down because you say so how about this the trade for Gilmore and cooks those were good trades those are like bringing in free agents and they started all year long they're old they're moving teams a lot and yet they still made impacts on this team whether you like it or not they all fall in the same category free agency is this way lots of guys that are over 30 years old that can still help A-Team are moving around at late in their careers...
I don't need to be paid this is my own opinion from being part of football all my life and watching this Cowboys team all my life and I'm telling you I know the NFL anytime Jerry makes a move you say it's wrong because people don't like Jerry but most teams are making these same moves same types of players so go find someone else to preach to... This has nothing to do with me being somehow rose colored glasses and pro Jerry I am not pro Jerry I don't care who owns this team or who the coach is or the quarterback I follow the team who's here then I'm gonna support them and when I watch all the moves around the NFL and see similar moves I could tell you this is just normal NFL operations....
Blue I don’t think everything Jerry or Stephen does is wrong or bad. They have done some good things IMO, and give them complete credit for it.

Jerry for example deserves credit for hiring a HOF head coach and let him use his talent to build those 90s SB teams. He deserves enormous credit for turning the NFL into a cash cow with almost zero risk for the owners. He’s in the HOF for that. Jerry and SJ deserve credit for hiring, keeping and ceding quite a bit of authority to Will McClay to help the team draft better. Which they have.

What I hold them accountable for is the abject failure of the teams they build and the coaches they’ve hired to win even a divisional playoff game in nearly 30 years. And what has made it worse IMO is their failure to learn and change enough along the way.

Their arrogance blinds them. So we get what we get hear after year. Those guys have all the power so I believe they deserve the blame they’ve earned. Just like the credit. I don’t hate Jerry or his son. I’m just really tired of the results they get.

And finally Blue…just because we disagree on a topic doesn’t mean I think you have rose colored glasses or anything else negative. A disagreement is what this forum is all about. I respect your opinions even when we strongly disagree.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I remember reading that too. I think Jerry won't let Zimmer do anything to his kids while he's still the boss. Zim will be gone before Jerry's kids get disciplined.
The players are not accountable to Zimmer or the head coach. As long as the player is cool w Jerry, then it doesn’t matter if player respects Zimmer or the hc. That’s the way it’s been for a long time. At least Zimmer knows what it’s like to be one of Jerry’s assistant coaches.