Erik Williams. ROH

RS12

Reaction score
He dominated 91-93. Tore up his knee in a car wreck in 94. After that he wasn't the same player. Yes he has three rings but I am not sure three great years gets him in the ROH. Kevin Smith has a similar resume.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Nothing against Erik Williams but post-1994 he was just a "very good" player; not an elite one.

I mean if you're going to put him in the ROH then there's an argument for Mark Tuinei as well- another really good player, but not ROH-caliber.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He shouldn't be in the ROH for the same reason that Deion shouldn't. I mean you love some people for being Dallas Cowboys but the people in the ring of Honor are part of the team's Identity in some ways. EW like someone pointed out wasn't around long enough to do that.

Silverstar

Reaction score
6b16c888e7dbd1126bc96f8762dc8afb.jpg

:starspin:

plasticman

Reaction score
Erik Williams made a poor choice that cost him a Hall of Fame level career. After coming back from an away game, he and other players hung out at a dance hall. He then attempted to drive home and was involved in a one-car accident.

This was not a DWI. Williams was proven not to be intoxicated. However, he was speeding and, combined with fatigue, the accident occurred. It was very sad but his decisions were responsible for the outcome.

Erik Wiliams was not a rookie phenom, a "generational" player that immediately impressed. In his first rookie start he gave up 3 sacks in the first half. However, he rapidly improved to the point where he could have been considered the best at his position.

Erik Williams had an All Pro year in 1993. I remember John Madden was constantly raving about him. Madden loved Erik and it's true he went head-to-head with the Minster of Defense, Reggie White and frustrated him. Erik had some mean streak in him as well.

Erik was onto another All-Pro season in 1994 when he had the car accident. He was replaced by a rookie 2nd round pick, Larry Allen.

When Erik came back in 1995 he started side-by-side with Allen, who got shifted to guard. They won the Super Bowl that season. Erik Williams was the only Cowboys O-lineman not to be selected to the Pro Bowl that season.

Williams would go on to earn two additional Pro Bowl selections but I really think that was due to a combination of his past reputation and the Cowboys popularity at the time. He wasn't the same force as he was in those couple of earlier seasons.

I can't put Erik in the ROH. There were so many other Cowboys O-linemen that contributed Pro Bowl seasons for much longer during championship eras. Their names do not appear in the ROH, guys like Nate Newton, Ralph Neely, John Niland, and Pat Donovan.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Guess you never seen him play. If he never had the car accident we might have won 4 championships in a row and that’s with Switzer at the helm. That’s how dominant he was.
But we don't put people in the RoH for what they could've of done. Deion Sanders was great here, but you don't put him in the RoH either.