Erik Williams. ROH

Creeper

Reaction score
I loved Erik Williams, but it would be hard for me to say he belongs in the RoH. Some folks do not appreciate just how good Williams was against the best pass rushers in the league. Guys like Reggie White and Michael Strahan hated facing Williams because he would do anything to protect his QB and sometimes that meant crossing some lines. I think if Erik played today he would be the most penalized player in the game, especially post-accident.

Larry Allen gets a lot of the acclaim, and rightfully so, but Erik Williams was pretty darn good himself, especially when the chips were down.

plasticman

Reaction score
Erik Williams...2xAll Pro...4xPro Bowl

Nate Newton...2xAll Pro...6xPro Bowl

John Niland...3xAll Pro...6xPro Bowl

Mark Stepnoski...2XAll Pro...5XPro Bowl

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eric Williams has zero shot at the ROH. He played at a high level for almost 4 seasons until a car accident. He was never the same player after that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But we don't put people in the RoH for what they could've of done. Deion Sanders was great here, but you don't put him in the RoH either.
I agree wit this, and I personally don't think Haley should have got in. Great player for sure, and important to a high point in Cowboy history, but I don't like someone in the ROH that is as much tied to another team as the Cowboys

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Although I agree that Erik Williams doesn't belong in the ROH due to the limited time he was elite, he would still make my all-time Cowboys offensive line. My all-time OL would be Tyron Smith (LT), Larry Allen (LG), Fredbeard (C) - gets the slight nod over Stepnoski - Zack Martin (RG) and Erik Williams (RT). If Emmitt ran behind this line for most of his career, he would have had 25,000 yards rushing.

lkelly

Reaction score
I would think there would be a long list of former Boise State players that should go in first.