News: ESPN: 2020 Pro Bowl snubs and surprises: NFL experts audit the rosters

erod

Reaction score
To be fair, if our offensive scheme mixed it up a bit more in terms of dak rolling out and keeping teams off balanced he would be a player that had to be watched more carefully. Sometimes I think people on this forum don't watch other QB's with big names around this league because many of them have just as many warts as Dak does but they get a pass by our fans whom like to knee jerk. I see a QB in Dak whom is playing not to get hurt and I can't blame him quite honestly. I also think you may be forgetting that Dak is a very durable QB that is rarely rattled so that it itself has to be gameplanned for because you can't fall asleep at the wheel because they guy never stops believing they can come back... It's funny that we all can have such different opinions on the guy, what I see is very inconsistent coaching, undisciplined team, and a defense that not many QB's could overcome. Lets not forget special teams and field position either which has been the worst in the league.

Dak can barely run these days. He looks slower than Witten.

Reaction score
In the end it's about 3rd downs and touchdowns when they matter. Everything else is fluff.

Tussinman

Reaction score
To add to my previous post the media publications last week where even stating that Dak could possible be an outlier because he has to beat both Rodgers and Cousins out for the 3rd and final spot (Both of which have higher QB ratings, more wins, and way way less interceptions).

Pro Bowl roster gets announced and those same media publications are now trying to say he was snubbed ??? (what ????)

That's literally the text book definition of being illogical

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Against the crappiest teams in the league and in absolute garbage time when it didn't matter.

Completely false, the Vikings and Packers don't suck and pretty much every QB in the league puts up their biggest yards against bad teams, that is why they are bad teams.

Rodgers biggest came vs the Eagles and Raiders.

ultron

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith has been brutally awful. Leighton was almost as bad. Byron is just meh.

Quinn, Lawrence, and Lewis have been good. Collins, too.
I could make an argument that Quinn is easily our worst player. Sure he has racked up sacks but he is very bad against the run and screens. He simply wants sacks and that's it.

Sacks = big pay day

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Quinn, Lawrence, and Lewis have been good. Collins, too.

AWoods makes a difference when he plays.

AWoods, Lawrence, Bennett, Collins, and Quinn are actually a good dline. And they're all healthy. I don't see pro bowlers, but a solid group across the board.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't mean respect in terms of liking him. They just don't fear him at all as a player.

Jalen Ramsey. Josh Norman. Lots of former players on the networks. There have been others.
Wow. Those are your examples?
Jalen Ramsey and Josh Norman are two of the biggest narcissistic divas that have ever played in the NFL. They probably don’t even respect their own mommas, much less many other players in the league.

Are Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson your next examples of players who don't respect Dak? How about Deion Sanders?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I could make an argument that Quinn is easily our worst player. Sure he has racked up sacks but he is very bad against the run and screens. He simply wants sacks and that's it.

Sacks = big pay day

Sacks often kill drives. Tackling a RB for no gain often does nothing.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wow. Those are your examples?
Jalen Ramsey and Josh Norman are two of the biggest narcissistic divas that have ever played in the NFL. They probably don’t even respect their own mommas, much less many other players in the league.

Are Terrell Owens and Keyshawn Johnson your next examples of players who don't respect Dak? How about Deion Sanders?

The entire Bills team was mocking Dak on Thanksgiving....

Show me the last great QB mocked like that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cousins is a worse snub, imo

111 QB rating
25 TDs and only 5 ints
:omg:

Plus, on a side note, his team is 10-4

Dak does have some good numbers though. Most accumulated early in the year, but they still count.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL at throwing 24 touchdowns with only 2 picks, having a QB rating of over 100, and having 11 wins with 2 games left and claiming "uhhh he robbed dak".......

This is almost as bad as some of are fans claiming Martin isn't a top 5 guard in the NFC
The 24 and 2 number is so absurdly good that it doesn't seem real.

Then I look at Mahomes (23/4), Wilson (28/5), Jackson (33/6), and Cousins (25/5) and see how well some have been scoring while still protecting the ball this year. wow

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No shock here. The pro bowl isn't about QB stats. QBs on good teams tend to get the nod. We aren't a good team and few who watch the games think Dak is better than any of the QBs selected ahead of him.

You haven't watched much football if you think Rodgers has played better than Dak or Cousins.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL at throwing 24 touchdowns with only 2 picks, having a QB rating of over 100, and having 11 wins with 2 games left and claiming "uhhh he robbed dak".......

This is almost as bad as some of are fans claiming Martin isn't a top 5 guard in the NFC

Lol people see someone post one thing then that's all they ever end up posting. Rodgers had 9 TDs against the Raiders and Giants. He has 15 TDs over his other 13 games.

Rodgers is better than Dak statistically at everything other than:
Yards
Completion %
Touchdown passes
First down passes
Yards per attempt(dak at 8.4 while Rodgers is all the way down at 7.3)
QBR(Dak's almost 20 points higher)
EPA
Completion % above expected
Rushing yards
Rushing TDs
Total TDs
Total yards

Other than those

Team record is a team stat and has no place in pro bowl voting

Silly

Reaction score
I hear Jerry is taking all his runner ups on a yacht trip for 30 days. Cowboys vacation starts Jan 11th this season.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Lol people see someone post one thing then that's all they ever end up posting. Rodgers had 9 TDs against the Raiders and Giants. He has 15 TDs over his other 13 games.
LOL at trying to use this spin method when Dak is the one that has a combined 12 touchdowns against the 3 worst teams in the entire NFL..... (that's almost half his touchdowns for the year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

If your gonna try to slam rodgers for garbage time stats please do not use it as a means to praise someone whose LITERALLY having a career year because of garbage time stats........ :facepalm::facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No snub of Cowboys players to the pro bowl. Dak doesn't deserve it more than any player selected.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL at trying to use this spin method when Dak is the one that has a combined 12 touchdowns against the 3 worst teams in the entire NFL..... (that's almost half his touchdowns for the year :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

If your gonna try to slam rodgers for garbage time stats please do not use it as a means to praise someone whose LITERALLY having a career year because of garbage time stats........ :facepalm::facepalm:

You had to cut off 3/4ths of my post because you couldn't respond :laugh:

Lol all of our losses have been within one score outside of the Bill's game, but yeah Dak has had this year due to garbage time. Your posts are garbage time:facepalm:

Tussinman

Reaction score
You had to cut off 3/4ths of my post because you couldn't respond :laugh:

Lol all of our losses have been within one score outside of the Bill's game, but yeah Dak has had this year due to garbage time. Your posts are garbage time:facepalm:
There's nothing to respond to. The flashy aspects voters like (wins, low interceptions, QB rating) Rodgers is better on....... (this isn't a hard concept to grasp)

There's absolutely no way you can say a QB with 24 touchdowns to 2 INTs, 11 wins, and QB rating of over 100 is some bum who robbed a much superior player (especially since you could easily argue Kirk Cousins should of gotten the 3rd and final spot over BOTH OF THEM).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There's nothing to respond to. The flashy aspects voters like (wins, low interceptions, QB rating) Rodgers is better on....... (this isn't a hard concept to grasp)

There's absolutely no way you can say a QB with 24 touchdowns to 2 INTs, 11 wins, and QB rating of over 100 is some bum who robbed a much superior player (especially since you could easily argue Kirk Cousins should of gotten the 3rd and final spot over BOTH OF THEM).

Ahh so those are flashy(they're literally the only things he trumps Dak in lmao and Dak's rating is RIGHT there with Rodgers so that was stupid) yet yards and TDs arent flashy even though they are every other year?

Just take your L.

As I said 24 TDs isn't impressive, the only thing you are using is INTs and the team's win-loss record(which is a team stat). Your win-loss record in this thread is really bad, bud.