News: ESPN Analyst Has Blunt Message For Dak Prescott, Cowboys

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Its quite clear....look at how you act......you need to lay off the sweets or get back to taking your medication because when you act like this its not tolerable.
So it is intolerable to you, chap?
Is that what you are saying? Is it chap?:oops:
Have you sought shelter?
Stay safe, vulnerable lad of the piney woods.:angry:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There’s like 10-15 teams with good offenses in this league…..

Care to rank the offenses? I believe that person said few, if any, better. For some strange reason some people want to heap praise on Dak, Elliott, Lawrence, et al., and the Cowboys in general, but will only blame the GM. It doesn't work that way. Those people just want to have their cake and eat it too.

If Dak owns the NFC East, then GM Jerry owns the NFC East, right? Fair? If the Cowboys have a really good offense, then the GM built a really good offense. If people want to blame the GM for everything under the sun (like many here) then they should praise him for all that is good. I am fair.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Care to rank the offenses? I believe that person said few, if any, better. For some strange reason some people want to heap praise on Dak, Elliott, Lawrence, et al., and the Cowboys in general, but will only blame the GM. It doesn't work that way. Those people just want to have their cake and eat it too.

If Dak owns the NFC East, then GM Jerry owns the NFC East, right? Fair? If the Cowboys have a really good offense, then the GM built a really good offense. If people want to blame the GM for everything under the sun (like many here) then they should praise him for all that is good. I am fair.

I think there's about 15 good offenses.....maybe more. So if the Cowboys or any fans think the offense is going to be enough to win in this league....they have another thing coming.

The GM built a good offense at the expense of a having a good defense.....so how much credit does he deserve? He built a good offense and last year built a poor defense...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think there's about 15 good offenses.....maybe more. So if the Cowboys or any fans think the offense is going to be enough to win in this league....they have another thing coming.

The GM built a good offense at the expense of a having a good defense.....so how much credit does he deserve? He built a good offense and last year built a poor defense...

Fair enough. My opinion is the GM built a good offense and an average defense last year on paper before the season began. Injuries and the perfect storm killed the defense. Gregory gone first 6 games, LVE out game 2-7, Awuzie injured hamstring game 2 and out 8 weeks, Brown out first 6 games with broken ribs, and Hill on IR game 6, and Diggs out for 6 weeks after Stealer game. The first 6 games the defense was minus 4 starters.

The defense ran in to hot offenses to start the year - LA, Atlanta, Seattle, and Cleveland.

The offense was not playing well the first 4 games. Offense was turning the ball over way too much and not sustaining drives. Offense gave Atlanta 21-24 points off turnovers, gave the Seahawks two TDs off TOs at end of 1st half and beginning of 2nd half. A close game was broken wide open with two offensive TOs. The offense in Clev was missing in action for about 2 quarters. The offense was turning the ball over and not scoring early putting the defense behind.

New system and not enough time to implement and players going rogue and freelancing hurt the defense the first half of season.

Offense had issues with injuries.

Now this year on paper right now, I think the GM put together a very good offense and a good defense with the FAs and draft picks. We’ll see soon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. My opinion is the GM built a good offense and an average defense last year on paper before the season began. Injuries and the perfect storm killed the defense. Gregory gone first 6 games, LVE out game 2-7, Awuzie injured hamstring game 2 and out 8 weeks, Brown out first 6 games with broken ribs, and Hill on IR game 6, and Diggs out for 6 weeks after Stealer game. The first 6 games the defense was minus 4 starters.

The defense ran in to hot offenses to start the year - LA, Atlanta, Seattle, and Cleveland.

The offense was not playing well the first 4 games. Offense was turning the ball over way too much and not sustaining drives. Offense gave Atlanta 21-24 points off turnovers, gave the Seahawks two TDs off TOs at end of 1st half and beginning of 2nd half. A close game was broken wide open with two offensive TOs. The offense in Clev was missing in action for about 2 quarters. The offense was turning the ball over and not scoring early putting the defense behind.

New system and not enough time to implement and players going rogue and freelancing hurt the defense the first half of season.

Offense had issues with injuries.

Now this year on paper right now, I think the GM put together a very good offense and a good defense with the FAs and draft picks. We’ll see soon.

I think you're being too kind to the defense......a average defense?

And if we're discussing the GM....none of his defensive free agents made it to the end of the season last year. That's insane.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're being too kind to the defense......a average defense?

And if we're discussing the GM....none of his defensive free agents made it to the end of the season last year. That's insane.
Blame the defense when Dak starts scoring the 1st 3 Q against good defenses........:omg:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Dak needs to be better than he has been if we are to win anything of significance and he is to earn that contract, but I suspect most QBs have not so great stats if you only look at the games against teams that are better than their team and in which they are 5-13. Your facts are really more just your agenda from my seat.

my facts ? Maybe it’s kind of the historical record of what happened being presented by some sports analyst. Let me know what kind of butterflies and cotton candy articles don’t bruise your delicate ego so you don’t have to resort to accusing someone for posting a link to a friggin sports article about someone else’s opinion.

Jarntt

Reaction score
my facts ? Maybe it’s kind of the historical record of what happened being presented by some sports analyst. Let me know what kind of butterflies and cotton candy articles don’t bruise your delicate ego so you don’t have to resort to accusing someone for posting a link to a friggin sports article about someone else’s opinion.
When proven wrong, attack to try and save face. Internet Billy Bad *** 101 :facepalm:

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/proxy/lwRQHt_OY3OGx2l_MPnO_UmwzlDfYcUs4Lvx4fcpCbpiAmEzriF3_qLV83s4vGzrngBfaS3_sWPxw16HOVkEtXbf4pHHNEag2lyVryHTOEuJMu0Brh3t-o38_RMvYFeOjI7dFC7sKEoRZoZXMS9ZImLcvOoFxnwjMdk

Brax

Reaction score
Not fine.....I HATED fans that would rip my players or coaches just because they could. The season hasn't even started and they are ripping on him....screw that.
From a few of your posts over time you seem to have some anger issues, have a cold one, relax and remember sticks and stones. You are to good to let the little things bother you, it’s only a opinion everyone is entitled to theirs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From a few of your posts over time you seem to have some anger issues, have a cold one, relax and remember sticks and stones. You are to good to let the little things bother you, it’s only a opinion everyone is entitled to theirs.
I'm having one right now. Salud!

Brax

Reaction score
That’s how bigots are born - no room for others opinions or beliefs. You’re good people ? Maybe in the Land of Bigots

We dont tolerate this kind of talk on here. MODERATOR ALERT!!!!!!
You have got to be kidding.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will join you for one, happy 4th
To address the anger issues, I've seen fans attack players and coaches, up close and personal. I threw a fan up against the bleachers and had him kicked out for coming after one of my players, I saw a fan punch a coach etc. Just a sore spot for me, but I get where you're coming from. Part of the business. I always wore a double headset so that I couldn't hear all the crap in the stands. Wish I could do that here! Lol!!!

Brax

Reaction score
To address the anger issues, I've seen fans attack players and coaches, up close and personal. I threw a fan up against the bleachers and had him kicked out for coming after one of my players, I saw a fan punch a coach etc. Just a sore spot for me, but I get where you're coming from. Part of the business. I always wore a double headset so that I couldn't hear all the crap in the stands. Wish I could do that here! Lol!!!
Unfortunately it’s the way some are.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those facts are entirely irrelevant because a) they're not predictive and b) they're not compared to other quarterbacks and teams .

The Bucs were 1-5 against playoff teams in the regular season last year. By my math, that's a considerably worse win percentage than 5-13.
They are only irrelevant because you WANT them to be.
If you want to describe a team, their trials tribulations victories etc...you'd have to write a book...or three. So...you have to narrow down your topic significantly, and choose some "facts" and "stats". And then OF COURSE some peopel who disagree with your topic will cry foul. But there's NO OTHER WAY. Not if you want to have coherent conversation as opposed to a massive week long 24-7 conference.

It's really not about facts and stats, is it. It's about the premise. Agreement or disagreement with it is what leads us around by our noses.