Espn.com: The hit on Ramsey not fined...

Rezz

Mr. Blonde
Reaction score
That's surprising, that hit looked 10xs more vicious than the one McFlabb got. I thought they were both illegal, if you go by the book.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Same thing with the Horse Collar, and having to have Owens break his leg make them change anything. Nevermind Tyrone Calico, Musa Smith, and the other guy....I dont remember. Their not important enough

Rezz

Mr. Blonde
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, sometimes it certainly looks very suspicious as to who gets fined or penalized.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
No link, but it looked bad.

IMO Briggs wasnt really blatently tryign to hurt Ramsey, Ramsey did kind of step in while Briggs was already in the air, but Ive seen them call stuff that wasnt 10% as bad.

Can you imagine ForeSkins fans defending a Dallas player gettign injured?

And dont even ask about a Feagles fan, they'll cheer a guy who may not walk again.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
A fine line
The NFL has decided not to fine Bears linebacker Lance Briggs for his hit on Commanders quarterback Patrick Ramsey because it determined it wasn't illegal. Briggs leveled a high hit to Ramsey that wasn't flagged.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2163543

I didn't think Briggs should be fined for that hit. He jumped up to block the pass when Ramsey cocked the ball back, and the Commanders' OL knocked him on top of Ramsey. It's the same as the Punter getting nailed, but since the guy that hit him was blocked into him it doesn't get a penalty.

He was in the air, not like he can control where he landed after the OL hit him. It's not like he speared and launched into him like Lavalais did to McFlabb.

Smith22

Reaction score
Briggs did clothesline him. I'm really surprised he wasn't fined. That being said, the OL of the Skins did push him higher in the air, kind of gliding him towards the QB.

Nerm

Reaction score
Rack said:
I didn't think Briggs should be fined for that hit. He jumped up to block the pass when Ramsey cocked the ball back, and the Commanders' OL knocked him on top of Ramsey. It's the same as the Punter getting nailed, but since the guy that hit him was blocked into him it doesn't get a penalty.

He was in the air, not like he can control where he landed after the OL hit him. It's not like he speared and launched into him like Lavalais did to McFlabb.

I was going to say the same thing. He jumped to grab the QB, but got knocked sideways into him and ended up with the clothesline instead of a handful of jersey. If he had come clean at Ramsey and hit him the same way, then there should have been a big fine. From what saw, he had no intention of hitting him the way he did. Like you said, it’s kind of like getting knocked into he kicker/punter.

I will say that the first time I saw it I assumed a flag and a fine were comming.