News: ESPN: Cowboys' Cooks (knee) put on IR, out 4 games

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
....be very Leery of med dr's in this day n age. They go right to quick fixes, which the problem didnt need.
Result, Cooks out 4 wks.

They are better salesman then Jerry. ;). .
so jerry is going to himself?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
What would have been the cap hit had we cut him? Not sure why he was on the team this year in the first place. So, I am guessing there were adverse cap ramifications to have moved off of him this offseason.

kumizi

Reaction score
It didn't look like he had much left anyway. Jalen Tolbert has to be one of the worst #2 receivers in the league.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Meh….I’m following our leader and treating this season as a throwaway, so I’d rather see more of Tolbert and Brooks, and of course the next Dez Bryant.

Brax

Reaction score
They activated Flournoy. They don't need another one right now.
What are folks worried about Dak is at the brink of greatness he working on getting better, he doesn’t need no number one guy he likes the WRs if you fans don’t like it he says find a new team. Relax I hear the call up is just as good as Dez. This is a great team filled with high end talent and you fans should understand it’s going to get better didn’t you watch the last game. All this hate is undeserved they are hanging around the rim and progressing slowly for the SB push come January.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe if Jerry offered a 3rd, not happening aGallop is raiders property last I heard
Coop would be a 1-year rental...........I'd give the Browns a 7th, maybe a 6th but nothing higher.

You are exactly right about Gallup.......The Raiders still own his rights

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Michael Gallup, who signed a one-year contract worth as much as $3 million with the Las Vegas Raiders on April 30 and was expected to compete for the team's No. 3 receiver spot, instead retired Tuesday, the day before the Raiders' first training camp practice.

Gallup, 28, participated in OTAs and minicamp for the Raiders this offseason. A six-year NFL veteran, he caught 266 passes for 3,744 yards and 21 touchdowns with the Dallas Cowboys.

Brax

Reaction score
Coop would be a 1-year rental...........I'd give the Browns a 7th, maybe a 6th but nothing higher.

You are exactly right about Gallup.......The Raiders still own his rights

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Michael Gallup, who signed a one-year contract worth as much as $3 million with the Las Vegas Raiders on April 30 and was expected to compete for the team's No. 3 receiver spot, instead retired Tuesday, the day before the Raiders' first training camp practice.

Gallup, 28, participated in OTAs and minicamp for the Raiders this offseason. A six-year NFL veteran, he caught 266 passes for 3,744 yards and 21 touchdowns with the Dallas Cowboys.
Would be ironic if Jerry gave up draft pick for coop. Don’t think Coop would want to be here and I don’t think Jerry does either. If the are crapping the bed I dread the desperation trade by Jerry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Could explain the slow start he’s had this season. Big opportunity for the young receivers. If Tolbert doesn’t step up as the number two, we’ll be in the market for a number two receiver next offseason.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waiting for Jerry and mike to say how much they like the guys they have now, and we're not thinking about calling anyone up from the PS
They have not had time to even discuss that with the media yet, since this just occurred.
They probably have not even discussed it amongst themselves yet.

So will you start another thread about it, what to do at WR? :laugh: