News: ESPN: Cowboys' Cooks (knee) put on IR, out 4 games

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy is probably hoping all the injuries will give him a pass this season. Not happening! Bland was the only significant injury before last week and we were 1-2.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have not had time to even discuss that with the media yet, since this just occurred.
They probably have not even discussed it amongst themselves yet.

So will you start another thread about it, what to do at WR? :laugh:
Don't egg him on! Three hundred posts a day is enough, don't you think?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope it does not turn into another Jimmy Smith debacle. However, his was at the beginning of his career.
Jerry’s ego was at play in that one.

Carson

Reaction score
Smh.

Not a huge loss stat wise. But will miss his presence on the field

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Would be ironic if Jerry gave up draft pick for coop. Don’t think Coop would want to be here and I don’t think Jerry does either. If the are crapping the bed I dread the desperation trade by Jerry.
I was a fan of Amari. Jerry does not have the pride to bring him back in a trade. Just play the young wide receivers at this point, let them get game experience and see if we have a young potential stud wide receiver. In case you don't know it, the season is over for the Dallas Cowboys, were just going through the motion and Jerry is bringing in more dough. Going to be a completely different team next year with the coach and player turnovers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have not had time to even discuss that with the media yet, since this just occurred.
They probably have not even discussed it amongst themselves yet.

So will you start another thread about it, what to do at WR? :laugh:
You didn't even ask my thoughts so i'm going to CLOSE the thread and move it to the non-thought thread!!

Carson

Reaction score
what's the difference?
53 man roster means they can make him active tomorrow and not use a practice squad call up.

If he were on the practice squad they would need to call him up on gameday and he only gets 3

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tolbert about to breakout.
It is certainly a huge opportunity for Jalen Tolbert if he is targeted. Hopefully, he will be targeted more than Brandin Cooks in order to see how well he can step up in Cooks' absence.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Smh.

Not a huge loss stat wise. But will miss his presence on the field
Still a big loss because he has speed and you have to account for him. It’s going to make it tougher on CeeDee. The young receivers are going to have to step up. If our passing game struggles, we’re going to be in some real trouble if we can’t run the football. Not to mention the problems we’re going to have defensively with the players we have out.