News: ESPN: Cowboys hold 'tense' meeting

rcaldw

Reaction score
I didn't know that filming while being incarcerated amounted to anonymity.

Read more carefully. HE didn't know he was being filmed. I didn't ask if YOU knew he was being filmed.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
He didn't "call them out." He thought he was having a private conversation in the presence of people he would never again see in his life. What he was talking about were HIS PROSPECTS of staying on the team COMPARED WITH OTHER SITUATIONS. He simply didn't know it was being recorded.

So because it's supposed to be private(in a video monitored jail LOL), and you did something regretful, it's ok to throw teammates under the bus and compare their situation to yours. Cool, I got it.

Have a feeling Dez and Brent didnt take it the same nice, innocent way you did pal.

rcaldw

Reaction score
So because it's supposed to be private(in a video monitored jail LOL), and you did something regretful, it's ok to throw teammates under the bus and compare their situation to yours. Cool, I got it.

Have a feeling Dez and Brent didnt take it the same nice, innocent way you did pal.

I think you guys misunderstand me. I'm not DEFENDING him, I'm trying to EXPLAIN what he did. It wasn't like he was walking around criticizing Dez and Brent without any context. He was WONDERING OUT LOUD about whether or not HE WAS GOING TO GET CUT. He was trying to convince himself that he wouldn't based upon what had happened in the past with Dez and Brent. He's 22 years old. Don't know how old you are, but I have a 21 year old son, and I've been 22 years old myself. I know the unlimited capacity for stupidity (though my son is not stupid and I'm very proud of him) at that age.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
If I'm #21... I put Dez & Josh to the side
1. Tell them I'm a straight up idiot
2. Apologize profusely
3. Let'em take their best shot
4. Then tell them I LOVE them & will do whatever it takes to earn their trust back.

Walk away with my head up & pride broken, but at least tried making things right

rcaldw

Reaction score
Intent is not at issue...

But clarity is... "carry on"... "continue with an activity or task"...

I'm fine with you having your own view of it... keep on posting... I chose the expression I wanted to use... so intent IS the issue. Unless you would like to edit my intentions too. :)

rcaldw

Reaction score
Intent is not at issue...the hotdog eyesore, Randle had intent throughout.

Hmmm. ok. So, it was his intention to just trash his team mates? He didn't have any thought about his own situation and whether or not he would be cut?

Look, I'll say again... I'm not defending him. I have no knowledge of the kid. NONE. He may be exactly as you say... a hot dog. I don't know. But according to some people who know him, his father, his head coach, that really hasn't been the case in the past. So maybe its more a case of 22 year old stupidity? I think I would lean that direction.

CCBoy

Reaction score
But clarity is... "carry on"... "continue with an activity or task"...

I'm fine with you having your own view of it... keep on posting... I chose the expression I wanted to use... so intent IS the issue. Unless you would like to edit my intentions too. :)

The expression that you continue to utilize here, additionally implies a directive, which itself has the requirement of a legitimized authority...that not in possession of which. I referred you back to your original stance, where opinion doesn't require an agreement. As you were...

rcaldw

Reaction score
The expression that you continue to utilize here, additionally implies a directive, which itself has the requirement of a legitimized authority...that not in possession of which. I referred you back to your original stance, where opinion doesn't require an agreement. As you were...

But I DO have such authority.... I must... you continue to demonstrate it.... authority exists to the degree that one places himself under it and responds to it. Carry on. ;)

Also "as you were" is a military command, is it not? If one carries a sense of authority, certainly that one would.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
But I DO have such authority.... I must... you continue to demonstrate it.... authority exists to the degree that one places himself under it and responds to it. Carry on. ;)

Alirght...keep the birth control glasses on...grunt by association wasn't won here, no impact-no idea, return to the soup sandwhich, voluntold.

1044809-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Man-Floating-Through-The-Sky-With-A-Balloon.jpg

rcaldw

Reaction score
Alirght...keep the birth control glasses on...grunt by association wasn't won here, no impact-no idea, return to the soup sandwhich, voluntold.

I respect your service to our country. And I mean that sincerely.
ασκούν και όπως ήσουν

Last edited:

lukeduke

Reaction score
Would have been the perfect week to drop this dead weight and bring up a hungry Ryan Williams to play against his former team. Not sure why the staff didn't make this move.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What did Randle even say about them particular in the video?

I heard him say what he is getting in trouble for is stupid and others on the team had done worse.

If that is all that is said then I say big freakin deal and get over it.

I've never seen such a small incident like this get blown up like it has.