News: ESPN: Cowboys' Jones: Road to SB runs through 49ers

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Jerry, your fountain of infinite wisdom never ceases to amaze me.

But you're right this time.

Nav22

Reaction score
He's right.

That's why beating them Sunday night would be enormous.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Clearly he hasn't watched Cowboys football over the last 3 decades. The road to the Super Bowl will have to go through 2 teams before it hits the 9ers, and this is something we have not done in ummm, the last 3 decades. Why can't he just not talk and let them team play? Ya know, the take one game at a time approach? All this talk before the Zona came did us so well....oops, I may now be seen as a hater

CCBoy

Reaction score
Clearly he hasn't watched Cowboys football over the last 3 decades. The road to the Super Bowl will have to go through 2 teams before it hits the 9ers, and this is something we have not done in ummm, the last 3 decades. Why can't he just not talk and let them team play? Ya know, the take one game at a time approach? All this talk before the Zona came did us so well....oops, I may now be seen as a hater
Your answer then why do you listen then? You support nothing here but insult... get a living bra for support.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Your answer then why do you listen then? You support nothing here but insult... get a living bra for a bust problem.
Seriously? Do you read my posts, all 3 in a week? If so, you need to also get a life and find a new hobby instead of stalking me like others do. LOL at some of you guys, to debate a statement makes one insulting or a hater? Thought the mods discouraged this type of comment, time will tell

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Right now, I'm wondering what happened to the owner who usually favors selling wishful loads of hype about his team. Maybe he's trying a new approach to fire up his team to play "balls to the wall" for that 49ers game! Could it be that loss to the Cards triggered such desperation?!! :huh:

Last edited:

tomsanders921

Reaction score
If the cowboys didn't lay an egg against the cards and then went on to beat the 49ers, it would be easy to say the road runs through Dallas.

But it's hard to get the 1 seed when u lose games to teams like the Cardinals.

Say what you want about the eagles not looking good so far. But the bottom line is they found a way to win every game. So have the niners. It doesn't matter if u win 38-3 or 24-21. It all counts the same.

The only definitive advantage to blowing someone out is it gives you a chance to rest some of the stars late on the game. But then again, Dallas doesn't believe in that. To them its more important to pad stats, when in reality, all that does is make that player demand more when it's time for a new contract.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He’s right. We’re not afraid of the Eagles. Niners are the team that always stops us. Beating them in a dog fight this week would go a long way to removing that monkey off the back. This is no different than those 90’s Boys and Niners and the back and forth. Regular season momentum was just as important as Playoff momentum in their matchups.

Motorola

Reaction score
If the cowboys didn't lay an egg against the cards and then went on to beat the 49ers, it would be easy to say the road runs through Dallas.

But it's hard to get the 1 seed when u lose games to teams like the Cardinals.

Say what you want about the eagles not looking good so far. But the bottom line is they found a way to win every game. So have the niners. It doesn't matter if u win 38-3 or 24-21. It all counts the same.

The only definitive advantage to blowing someone out is it gives you a chance to rest some of the stars late on the game. But then again, Dallas doesn't believe in that. To them its more important to pad stats, when in reality, all that does is make that player demand more when it's time for a new contract.
Parsons playing in the 4th quarter last Sunday was just plain stupid.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
That's exactly it. It's what drives me crazy about Jerry Jones. He doesn't know when to keep his big, fat trap shut. Some advice I wish his daddy or his uncle or his best friend had given him years ago is this: "When in doubt, keep your mouth shut." He makes himself look ridiculous all the time by being Captain Obvious. It's a little bit like saying, "Well, ya know, man, in that one game, the other team scored more points than we did, so they won, but if we would have scored more points than them, then we would have won." Or maybe he could say, "Well, ya know man, that dude in the Vatican, the Pope, well ... he's a Catholic, but if he dies, they'll pick another Pope, and he'll also be a Catholic." Jerry Jones, do you have any more sheer genius statements to make? [No, please, don't answer that.]

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It usually takes five minutes of rhetoric for Jerry to say something the rest of us could get across in one sentence, but in this case he's right.