News: ESPN: Cowboys stress massive contracts will take time

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It really isn't that hard. The numbers increase but it's the percentages that's important. A simple spreadsheet will lay it out nicely. So if the max for a WR is X % and you feel like your guy is not the best but a top 5 guy its X-Y is the max I will pay.

Flamma

Reaction score
It goes back to what I said in a different thread. Add up all of the guaranteed money involved. You can't pinky swear guaranteed money. You have to actually put it aside in a separate account. That's about 300 million for Dak and Lamb alone. That has to come from somewhere. I just think they were ill prepared for this. They'll get it eventually.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jerry and Jr will wait to sign Lamb until the other WR's sign their deals, and thus, overpay as they always do. It's not that hard to figure out it's part of the clown show knows as the Dallas Cowboys. Dak, on the other hand, they may and likely will let him walk after this season

Blitzen

Reaction score

This is just PR speak. It’s not like the numbers are rocket science. If the Cowboys really wanted to sign any of them and keep them long term, then they would offer a little more than the last top guy got in guarantees (other than Watson), AAV, etc-add some voidable years and bingo.

Not signing any one of them means they do not want to plan the future around them and their contracts.

RS12

Reaction score
I got a feeling now that he and Jimmy are talking actual football again, that Jerry may have been given some advice on certain players and culture, that he took to heart.

John813

Reaction score
It goes back to what I said in a different thread. Add up all of the guaranteed money involved. You can't pinky swear guaranteed money. You have to actually put it aside in a separate account. That's about 300 million for Dak and Lamb alone. That has to come from somewhere. I just think they were ill prepared for this. They'll get it eventually.
I'll start a go fund me for these poor billionaires. lol