News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds to me like 1 of 2 things:

Lance looks more formidable than Dak thought he would and he feels the heat.

or

Dak is terrified to leave the comforting no consequence environment that has been created for him in Dallas and join a team that will hold him accountable that he is putting it out there he might be willing to not break the bank again and take a slight discount.

Either way this isn't the "confident a deal will be done Dak" we've seen in the past.

I think option 2 is too little too late. He's been a loser far to long to warrant another contract here. Tough luck and enjoy your new team next year, Dak!
Folks will be amazed when Daddy Jerry sends him out in the real world on how fast he goes MIA and disappears!
Dak WHO?????????????????????

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak you don't play for a championship either.
200w.gif

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Some of you guys are hilarious. Do I think Dak is one of the 5 best QBs in the NFL? No! Do I think he is one of 15 worst QBs in the NFL? No! He is somewhere in between that. Kirk Cousins....who is OLDER than Dak....is coming off of a torn achilles....just signed for 4 years $180/m with $100m guaranteed. The ECONOMICS that apply to every QB...apply to Dak. This is not rocket science. This is not anything new. Why does it bother you all so much that he is going to get paid? Newsflash.....they ALL get paid. Either Dallas will pay it someone else will....but to think he should not or will not get paid is just a WASTE of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
You don't play for money huh? Then how about agree on a Tom Brady like deal that pays you a lot but leaves cap room for the cowboys to build a strong team around you?

I don't belive anything coming out of Mr choke artists mouth anymore.
I hate fake talk like this, then play for the minimum then. No? Then be quiet, you care about the money.
His rookie deal was 4 years/$2.7M and the front office did nothing.

He's not gonna take a team friendly deal. Not because he's greedy but because the FO wouldn't know what to with it if he did.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Rare Dak Prescott mistake to the media. The guy typically says all the right things in front of the microphone, but this one may come back to haunt him. "I don't play for money" could be his version of "All in"
He plays for keeps. Todd France isn’t playing.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
What's he supposed to say.. I'm gonna squeeze the Joneses out of every nickel and dime.. He was asked a question . He gave a PC answer.. Non Dak fan here..

NotForLong

Reaction score
You don't play for money huh? Then how about agree on a Tom Brady like deal that pays you a lot but leaves cap room for the cowboys to build a strong team around you?

I don't believe anything coming out of Mr choke artists mouth anymore.
Everything that ever came out of his mouth his been BS. Some are enamoured by his every word

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The only phrase as bad as "I don't play for money"; = "It's not about the money, I only want respect". We've seen many a player utter those words just before signing a record-breaking deal that ended up being ALL ABOUT THE MONEY..:muttley:

ATXSRT

Reaction score
It's not about the money.... it's about the GUARANTEED money, lol.