News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
If they cut him I'm pretty sure he still gets paid. But I agree with you. I just assume get rid of him.
He still counts against the cap this year regardless but would clean up the cap for next year. If the Cowboys let Dak finish his contract and walk in free agency he will count $40 million against the cap while no longer being on the team.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
The money was never the problem, it was the Term that Jerry has painted himself into a corner with, I've stated that since he signed it.
Jerry knows he has to get out of this Dak contract mess, and he has his fingers crossed for 2024 success.
So, stay on hold fans, just for a year longer because Dak is some heavy dust and this FO didn't buy a big enough broom, what a stupid contract to begin with... smh
Last time Dak had all the leverage, this time around they could let him walk if his demands are not team friendly. Especially if Trey has a good preseason.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Right. This is spot on. Either sign him now, cut him now, or trade him now (yes I know he has to agree to the trade and waive his NTC).

Do something! Going into this season with everyone on lame duck contracts is very stupid. Our whole QB room is on a one year deal. Coaches, basically everyone is in a one year deal. I don’t see how this is conducive to a healthy winning environment.

If their plan is to completely blow it up after 2024 then that’s cool but I would argue just blow it up now.
This is exactly my point and whether the Cowboys should keep Dak are not doesn’t even factor in. Whether you want Dak here or not this is the worst way to go about it. If the Cowboys believe Dak is the guy he needs to be signed now before the price goes up or risk losing him to free agency. If he’s not the guy, then cut him and use this year to evaluate Lance.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
My point that you are apparently lost on, is that Pappy said he didnt like Dak since 2016. There literally was no reason not to like him in 2016.

Also to your point, last year our top 5 defense was ran through by GB... and the last time I checked Dak wasnt on the defense. No matter how you try to justify it, Dak isnt the sole reason for that loss last year.

His performance was Classic Smoke and Mirrors !! Zeke carried that offense ! and their is absolutely a reason to justify . Keeping the Bandwagon rolling with Dak cost us a SB that Year when Romo returned . As Dak crapped the bed as he usually does when it counted, even back then !

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
This is exactly my point and whether the Cowboys should keep Dak are not doesn’t even factor in. Whether you want Dak here or not this is the worst way to go about it. If the Cowboys believe Dak is the guy he needs to be signed now before the price goes up or risk losing him to free agency. If he’s not the guy, then cut him and use this year to evaluate Lance.
ROFL !!!!

Jerry called Dak's bluff . No one is signing Dak to mega deal after he ***** the bed again this year . lmaooooooo

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree, except trading him would be the best. Someone would give up a decent draft pick.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he’s cut now he does not get paid by the Cowboys. All the guaranteed money on his deal has been paid long ago.
Yup. Of course, if they cut/traded him and saved that 29 or so mil salary for this year, maybe they could move some of that 40 mil cap hit for 25 back into this year?