News: ESPN: Dak Prescott's play is much better than Cowboys' record indicates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. No.

The team has lost their last two games where they gave up 35 points AT HOME in both games.

If anything, this team is headed in the wrong direction, not the right one. Until this defense actually shows the ability to stop teams more than they have shown to date, this team is most certainly not heading in the "right" direction.

To suggest otherwise is more wishful thinking than anything at this point.

Exactly. But some fans think it's noble to support mediocrity. If they hope and wish for it hard enough, that will help to make it happen.

That's considered "positivity" and "optimism" while identifying the real issues with the team is "negativity" and "pessimism".

mcmvp

Reaction score
Arguably the second best healthiest qb in the league right now. Yeah I said it.

You may have said it, but not many would agree. I like Dak a lot more than many here, but he's not really in that conversation at this point.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dak was never the issue here. Who else would you rather have at QB right now? Wentz?

What's crazy is that the weapons around Dak haven't been all that great.

We've gone more dink-n-dunk because of the fear of the pass protection not holding up. I don't think Martin is playing anywhere near as well as he usually does and La'el Collins is still a work in progress. I actually like Cooper in the run game, but his pass protection needs work. Chaz Green is basically the opposite. And Tyron was terrible in the Rams game.

This means less opportunities for Dez to go deep and T-Will is basically not a threat in the passing game. We've gone with more 12 personnel to help with the running game, but it has failed due to Witten's issues blocking and Hanna hasn't exactly blocked well either.

More 12 personnel means less Beasley who is an extremely efficient pass receiver. We got out of the 12 personnel against the Packers...but only to replace it with 21 personnel which worked great in the run game, but now you're replacing Beasley with Keith Smith in the pass game.

All the while Dak is still working on some throwing mechanics changes as well as trying to throw more often under center and run more often out of shotgun in order to balance the offense. And the disastrous playcalling against the Broncos which did Dak no favors.

YR

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yeah. No.

The team has lost their last two games where they gave up 35 points AT HOME in both games.

If anything, this team is headed in the wrong direction, not the right one. Until this defense actually shows the ability to stop teams more than they haveill shown to date, this team is most certaboysinly not heading in the "right" direction.
W
To suggest otherwise is more wishful thinking than anything at this point.
we'll see and soon. There's a few things coming that will bring more strength to the "d". The "o" I hope ( cooper/green) bring it together.I havn e less faith with them. They'll beat sf. The test begins afterwards. Then lets talk about wishful thinking.

mcmvp

Reaction score
what do you mean arguably, he's only behind Brady right now

Try, just for a second, to imagine yourself of as a fan of a different team. Still feel the same way? I mean honestly? I sense some rather strong bias here.

Sydla

Reaction score
As a friend of mine splained if you can't see that with your own eyes i cant help ya.

No, I think we really want to hear how you think the team that is on a two game losing streak where their defense showed themselves to be arguably the worst defense in the league is somehow trending in the right direction. If your eyes are telling you something else, you might need glasses. Or an eye transplant.

I really have got to hear this explanation.

Can they get righted and head in the right direction? Sure. Are they heading in the right direction now? Oh hell no.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No, I think we really want to hear how you think the team that is on a two game losing streak where their defense showed themselves to be arguably the worst defense in the league is somehow trending in the right direction. If your eyes are telling you something else, you might need glasses. Or an eye transplant.

I really have got to hear this explanation.

Can they get righted and head in the right direction? Sure. Are they heading in the right direction now? Oh hell no.
I might not right now. I'm on a trip and not to thrilled about phone posting.i'll be at my computer in ten days and by that time I think some positive results will already be apparent. Till then brew a little.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No idea how you got the "Romo's fault" thing? :huh:

"Prescott also is finding out what Romo found out: He can play great and the Cowboys can still lose."

That's what they said about Romo. That's it. Translation: the Cowboys defense still sucks.
It was just a joke. Can we not blame Romo for everything anymore just because he isn't on the team?

I do believe this team is headed in the right direction long-term. This year, I don't think we have a shot just because the defense is so bad. I'm hoping some of the rookies catch on near the end and we end up with a serviceable secondary going into next year. Then it's just back to trying to fix the D-line like we do every year...and hopefully change the coordinators/scheme.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was just a joke. Can we not blame Romo for everything anymore just because he isn't on the team?

I do believe this team is headed in the right direction long-term. This year, I don't think we have a shot just because the defense is so bad. I'm hoping some of the rookies catch on near the end and we end up with a serviceable secondary going into next year. Then it's just back to trying to fix the D-line like we do every year...and hopefully change the coordinators/scheme.
Romo's fat!!!! lol, just for old time's sake.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Most shocking development yet:

ESPN (correctly) takes the side of the Cowboys' QB; after a decade of blaming Tony Romo (directly or indirectly) for all the team's misfortunes.

As I said before, I am VERY afraid the Cowboys are going to waste Dak's career like they did Tony's. For now, I'm still focused on trying to pull the 2017 season out of the fire. They must beat the 49ers and Commanders.