ESPN Dallas: Jerry Jones to dine with Dez Bryant... runs 4.52 at pro day

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
casmith07;3327944 said:
If Bryant falls to 27, I hope Jerry entertains all offers to trade out. We could go from 6 draft picks to maybe 9.

The front half of round 2 is loaded with round 1 talent this year. Value over splash.

Another point I agree w/

Its easy to say just trade down, but another team has to be willing. And a prize like Dez Bryant at 27 is just that. And for us falling back to around 40 shouldnt hurt us too bad. In this scenario we could get a handful of the 2nd/3rd round prospects we like.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
superonyx;3326738 said:
I meant the agenda of the national media. Not your agenda. I think they need a controversial player to talk about and criticize every draft. I guess its just his turn. I have read the post and NFL network/ESPN ect and hear all the "red flags" on the guy. But to deserve all the labels and criticism he has received i was thinking he must have really gotten into some trouble in life.

I dont like bad personality players. I didnt like pacman signing, I was against the TO signing and didnt understand the Tank signing either. So i dont have a lot of sympathy for millionaire athletes who do stupid things. But the Dez Bryant situation just doesnt seem like that. He doesnt seem like a bad person that will always get into trouble. At least not based on what info they have leaked so far. He seems like he has done well for himself considering his childhood.

So many young athletes have made some mistakes with the fame and attention they receive at such a young age. Reggie Bush was doing wrong. The media darling Labron James was driving a Hummer in high school that caused his team to forfeit some games.

I think you are wrong. Media doesn't create any of this. the players do themselves. He got sacked by the NCAA. he is the one who forgot his shoes. he is the one who had an average workout. he is the one who has consistently put himself in a position to be criticized.

is the amount of criticism warranted? probably not. but there is plenty there for criticism.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
casmith07;3327944 said:
If Bryant falls to 27, I hope Jerry entertains all offers to trade out. We could go from 6 draft picks to maybe 9.

The front half of round 2 is loaded with round 1 talent this year. Value over splash.

Only way I trade down is if there is a crappy team willing to give up next years 1st.

I don't think Dallas needs many picks. They just to make good picks with the ones they have.

Drafted 12 last year, Can't really see 9 picks making the team this year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3327997 said:
Only way I trade down is if there is a crappy team willing to give up next years 1st.

I don't think Dallas needs many picks. They just to make good picks with the ones they have.

Thank you!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3327997 said:

I agree. I would rather move up than down at this stage.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Exactly my point.

But I can see them moving down picking up extra picks and working the mid rounds. Losing some of the later picks in the process.

A lot of talent in the 2nd round and we can get several. AOA, JD Walton, Golden Tate, Saffold, Ducasse etc. We could get a few of these players

But I am on the move up for Iupati bandwagon

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3327997 said:

That is a good point about 9 picks making the team.

But remember, Jerry could always cut Hamlin, Roy Williams, Flozell, and let Sensabaugh walk :rolleyes:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3328009 said:
Exactly my point.

But I can see them moving down picking up extra picks and working the mid rounds. Losing some of the later picks in the process.

This is what I was leaning towards when I said get up to around 9 picks instead of 6 -- I just didn't finish my thought.

Have more stuff to move around in rounds 2-5. This is a deep draft and I think our best value is going to come in those rounds. Especially rounds 2 and 3.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
casmith07;3328032 said:
This is what I was leaning towards when I said get up to around 9 picks instead of 6 -- I just didn't finish my thought.

Have more stuff to move around in rounds 2-5. This is a deep draft and I think our best value is going to come in those rounds. Especially rounds 2 and 3.

I think around where Spikes is taken, lets say late 3/early 4, then theres a drop off.

Ill take

2 2's
3 3's
and a 5th

IDK, something in that vicinity

So lets say they get

2- Vladimir Ducasse - OL
2- AOA - DB/KR
3- JD Walton - C
3 - Mike Neal - DE
3- Brandon Spikes - ILB
5- Jordan Shipley

Not saying thats my ideal draft but I think thats what this trade down would be all about

superonyx

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC;3327984 said:
I think you are wrong. Media doesn't create any of this. the players do themselves. He got sacked by the NCAA. he is the one who forgot his shoes. he is the one who had an average workout. he is the one who has consistently put himself in a position to be criticized.

is the amount of criticism warranted? probably not. but there is plenty there for criticism.

Really? So bringing 6 pairs of cleats and forgetting his 7th is a big enough of an issue to warrant the amount of media criticism he received? Now if he forgot all of his shoes and refused to work out at all i could see the mention of his shoes..... Cant you see that the fact we heard so much about a pair of shoes as proof that the media will fish for a story with this guy?
From most people who wrote about his workout said it didnt hurt him. It seemed most feel that he worked out about how they thought we would.

And yes he lied to the NCAA and got caught. But thats where the drama starts and ends........Unless you believe these reporters that need to find stories.