ESPN Dallas: Jerry Jones to dine with Dez Bryant... runs 4.52 at pro day

superonyx

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3327396 said:
The last highly talented WR Dallas drafted was Antonio Bryant. The kid had all the talent in the world. If only he could get his head straight and be a professional. Dallas let him go because he could not; kid was never serious enough about listening ot his coaches and doing the little things to get his game right. Yeah, he's still a starting QB in the NFL somewhere, only you don't now where because it's not for a playoff-calliber team.

why do I bring Bryant up? It's because he's the kind of WR that Brandon Marshall reminds me of. And I'm not comparing the tamlent so much as their approach to the job. I see Dez Btryant in a similar light - multi-talented, yet consumately unprepared. In college, that may get you some highlight reels; in the NFL what it won't get you is a Super Bowl.

Antonio Bryant was known in college as an ego maniac that had problems with his coaches and teammates. Where is this said about Dez Bryant? I dont think we need a WR as a priority. However, i dont understand how he is now being compared to Antonio Bryant or even Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall is another player that is always looking for a trade. He is a headache to deal with at times..... But what do you know about Dez Bryant that makes it fair for you to criticize him in the same way. I see all his teammates coming to his defense.

I'm not saying his head is on straight or he is perfect.... What i want to know is why are you assuming the worse? What do you know that i do not about him where you can say he is Antonio Bryant?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superonyx;3327510 said:
However, i dont understand how he is now being compared to Antonio Bryant or even Brandon Marshall.

Although his dramatic interview to the AP was a little over the top, Dez Bryant is right. These comparisons are completely and utterly wrong.

He is nothing like Antonio Bryant, who was a free lancer who has always marched to the beat of his own drum. He would even conspire with Quincy Carter to run their own plays well before he ever threw a jersey at anyone. Marshall has been plagued by off the field issues and has a touch of the criminal element (literally) to him. Unless there is some deeper darker secret about Bryant I have not read, these are bad comparisons that really are not fair.

Is he a bit of a diva? Certainly, but there are very few elite receivers who are not.

gmoney112

Reaction score
superonyx;3327510 said:
Antonio Bryant was known in college as an ego maniac that had problems with his coaches and teammates. Where is this said about Dez Bryant? I dont think we need a WR as a priority. However, i dont understand how he is now being compared to Antonio Bryant or even Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall is another player that is always looking for a trade. He is a headache to deal with at times..... But what do you know about Dez Bryant that makes it fair for you to criticize him in the same way. I see all his teammates coming to his defense.

I'm not saying his head is on straight or he is perfect.... What i want to know is why are you assuming the worse? What do you know that i do not about him where you can say he is Antonio Bryant?

For what it's worth, I met Dez about 6 months ago in a setting completely away from football. He's from around here and I work at a hotel, graveyard shift. I didn't recognize him at first but as soon as I saw his ID a lightbulb went on. I didn't let on that I knew who he was at first, so he was just standing there looking around while I put in his info. As soon as I started making the keys I just said, "So, why'd you hang out with Deion and go and get yourself suspended?" and started laughing. He looked surprised and then started laughing and said he got scared at first and lied about it, then he told the truth and that was that. We joked around for a few because he's from around here and then he went up to his room.

From what I gathered in about 5-10 minutes was that he's not street or hood or anything like that. How he talked in some of those responses to the media he didn't talk like that to me. I've been around the block a few times, I'm a 22 year old college guy. He came across as intelligent/professional and I'm just hotel help. I've dealt with all kinds of people and can usually get a good feel for people on a few minutes of interaction.

Give me a Brandon Marshall and within 3 minutes I can probably conclude he's a legitimate headcase. Would I still want Dez? Not for a first round pick. I think we have more needs than a WR. I think he'll be a Pro and a good pickup for whoever drafts him, for whatever that's worth. Just my 2 cents.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander;3327514 said:
Although his dramatic interview to the AP was a little over the top, Dez Bryant is right. These comparisons are completely and utterly wrong.

He is nothing like Antonio Bryant, who was a free lancer who has always marched to the beat of his own drum. He would even conspire with Quincy Carter to run their own plays well before he ever threw a jersey at anyone. Marshall has been plagued by off the field issues and has a touch of the criminal element (literally) to him. Unless there is some deeper darker secret about Bryant I have not read, these are bad comparisons that really are not fair.

Is he a bit of a diva? Certainly, but there are very few elite receivers who are not.
I'm glad he finally lashed out a little bit, and called the hoop-la surrounding his name what it is - ridiculous.

I think he's gonna be real good. If he falls to 27 and we pass it would be a shame, because I think he's gonna be making plays for a long time in the league. But if we were to get a great offensive lineman for the next decade, I wouldn't complain.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk;3327532 said:
I'm glad he finally lashed out a little bit, and called the hoop-la surrounding his name what it is - ridiculous.

The problem is the "media" and fandom alike use broad brushes because it is easy, especially when making generalizations about the WR position.

This player is this, that player is like X, etc.

The white WRs are like Welker. The black receivers with the aura of drama around them are like Moss or Owens.

It just takes a few keystrokes in Google and a little common sense for anyone to formulate a better opinion that that.

But unfortunately, it takes too much brainpower to not generalize and view as individuals.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
Alexander;3327545 said:
The problem is the "media" and fandom alike use broad brushes because it is easy, especially when making generalizations about the WR position.

The white WRs are like Welker. The black receivers with the aura of drama around them are like Moss or Owens.

It just takes a few keystrokes in Google and a little common sense for anyone to formulate a better opinion that that.

But unfortunately, it takes too much brainpower to not generalize and view as individuals.

100% right on the money. Why take the time to find out the truth.

Gaede

Reaction score
Alexander;3327545 said:

:hammer:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3327603 said:
Who thinks he'll fall to 27? Who thinks Jerry will trade up?

If we don't give up the farm, I wouldn't mind have Bryant. I think he is immediately better than Roy. And could be a long term solution for the #2 WR spot. I don't think Roy will be here past this year and maybe not past week 4.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3327603 said:
Who thinks he'll fall to 27? Who thinks Jerry will trade up?

I do not think either ..... unless they have a deal in the works to trade Roy or Pat.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
zrinkill;3327620 said:
I do not think either ..... unless they have a deal in the works to trade Roy or Pat.

RRROOTTTFFFLLLLL!!!! at your Batman and Robin picture, zrinkill.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well done. :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
tyke1doe;3327680 said:
RRROOTTTFFFLLLLL!!!! at your Batman and Robin picture, zrinkill.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well done. :D

Thanks man ...... people seem to like it.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
DCStarJEllis

Got a chance to interview Dez Bryant while he was at Valley Ranch this morning. We'll have that up on DC.com later this afternoon.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
“I ain’t never got in trouble with nobody."

College student, lol.

I don't feel sorry for him, there are many people in this world who are in worse situation than him.

Nevertheless, I hope everything works out for him.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
03EBZ06;3327722 said:
College student, lol.

I don't feel sorry for him, there are many people in this world who are in worse situation than him.

Nevertheless, I hope everything works out for him.

lol aint a word

and yo'ure second sentence has some type of error im not sure oh which it is

-How are people defending him being late all the time? Once 30 minutes before a game? :confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3327711 said:
DCStarJEllis

Got a chance to interview Dez Bryant while he was at Valley Ranch this morning. We'll have that up on DC.com later this afternoon.

Speaking of interviews, yesterday on GAC they said they thought they'd have him on the air today.

Fortunately, he won't even need his cleats.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3327861 said:
Speaking of interviews, yesterday on GAC they said they thought they'd have him on the air today.

Fortunately, he won't even need his cleats.

Dig in, CLab.

Dig in!

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
would love to have him drop to us @ 27 but it's very doubtful. I doubt he falls past the teens and if he does he'll get snapped up by someone from 20-25, a team will trade up from the early 2nd round to get him if anything. I would love to see him here and replace RW11, but it's doubtful.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If Bryant falls to 27, I hope Jerry entertains all offers to trade out. We could go from 6 draft picks to maybe 9.

The front half of round 2 is loaded with round 1 talent this year. Value over splash.