Reaction score
Jerry Jones to dine with Dez Bryant
March, 30, 2010
MAR 30
8:53
AM CT
Email Print Share
By ESPNDallas.com
Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant is scheduled to have dinner Wednesday night with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, whose team could use another wide receiver, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Representatives from 20 NFL teams are expected to watch Bryant's workout today in Lufkin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallascowboys/post/_/id/4667272/jerry-jones-to-dine-with-dez-bryant

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am starting to like this idea ..... only so I can say a kid who is from my neck of the woods is on the Cowboys.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Jerry really seems to be covering all his bases with Dez. I think he is having flash backs to Moss and does not want to make that mistake again if the opportunity presents itself.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;3325079 said:
He's going to peer into his soul.

Shows they have a little more interest in him than I expected. Guess maybe he wants to see what kind of guy he is instead of just giving a regular visit.

Interesting. At one time I would have said no way and even wondered if they had taken him off their board.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This is worrying me a little. I hope Jerry isn't back in Pacman/Tank mode where he thinks he can singlehandedly turn these guys around.

He wouldn't forget the lesson of last year's offseason so quickly, would he?

Gaede

Reaction score
SDogo;3325085 said:
Jerry really seems to be covering all his bases with Dez. I think he is having flash backs to Moss and does not want to make that mistake again if the opportunity presents itself.

Yeah, that's what it seems like.

We're definitely doing our homework on him...That we're this interested in him leads me to believe they think his character problems are overblown

Duane

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3325089 said:
This is worrying me a little. I hope Jerry isn't back in Pacman/Tank mode where he thinks he can singlehandedly turn these guys around.

Jerry is getting old and you know how he loves to give high draft picks for WRs.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
For those opposed the good news is if he has even a above average work out today he will be long gone before #27.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nothing wrong with getting to know the kid. He has talent. Why not?

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
If Dez falls to the 20's, you have to take him.

Risk reward is too great.

This is smart by Jerry Jones to do his research.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3325089 said:

Dez is such a strange case though because there is nothing but rumors out there about the guy.

Some people say he is a great guy and some say he isn't. In cases like this it is usually in-between somewhere and most likely the guy is just an immature college kid.

Sonny Koufax

Reaction score
I think it's a smoke screen. I don't think Jerry will replace Roy Williams, and that's what Dez Bryant would do.
I think Jerry wants peope to think we might pick Bryant, #1 to hide who we really want and #2 to make sure he's picked before us so that will push someone else down to us.
With saying all of that, I really want us to pick Dez Bryant.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
SDogo;3325113 said:
For those opposed the good news is if he has even a above average work out today he will be long gone before #27.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. One would think that this is the guy all 32 teams would want to bring in and meet if there was interest so that they know all they can about them good or bad. So far the Cowboys are the only one to schedule a meeting.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sonny Koufax;3325129 said:
I think it's a smoke screen. I don't think Jerry will replace Roy Williams, and that's what Dez Bryant would do.
I think Jerry wants peope to think we might pick Bryant, #1 to hide who we really want and #2 to make sure he's picked before us so that will push someone else down to us.
With saying all of that, I really want us to pick Dez Bryant.

Dez would actually replace Crayton.

If you look at both players skill set it is identical except Dez is obviously much more talented.

The scarry thing is Crayton and Romo have chemistry and who knows how a rookie will turn out.

I think the player who is going to cut into Roy Williams snaps the most this year would be Ogletree.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
SDogo;3325085 said:
He had dinner with Moss too, buttered him up that he was going to be Dallas' pick if available and then he promptly took Greg Ellis.

The only flashback he should have is how he passed on an elite receiver for an average end because he was scared off by character concerns.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CATCH17;3325126 said:
Dez is such a strange case though because there is nothing but rumors out there about the guy.

Some people say he is a great guy and some say he isn't.

This is the same that was said about Quincy Carter. Lacewell went on and on about the rumors, but said they did their research and couldn't find anything.

Alexander

Reaction score
CATCH17;3325136 said:
Dez would actually replace Crayton.

If you look at both players skill set it is identical except Dez is obviously much more talented.

The scarry thing is Crayton and Romo have chemistry and who knows how a rookie will turn out.

I think the player who is going to cut into Roy Williams snaps the most this year would be Ogletree.

I would keep Crayton and make Ogletree and Hurd chisel their way on the roster. One of the those two might even have some trade value, if even for a late round choice. Competition would be the best thing in the world for that position. Adding a dynamic player like Bryant would be a huge win.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chief;3325142 said:
This is the same that was said about Quincy Carter. Lacewell went on and on about the rumors, but said they did their research and couldn't find anything.

It would definetely help out a lot more if Les Miles was still coaching @ OSU. Then there would be no question we would have all the details.

Alexander

Reaction score
CATCH17;3325147 said:
It would definetely help out a lot more if Les Miles was still coaching @ OSU. Then there would be no question we would have all the details.
Who needs Les Miles when he has Deion Sanders to get the real truth from?