ESPN Dallas: Pearson: Bryant showed 'T.O.-type emotion'...w/audio | video/post #39

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nov 26
12:32
PM CT
By Tim MacMahon

The man who first made No. 88 famous around these parts didn’t like what he saw from Dez Bryant on Thanksgiving.

It didn’t necessarily bother Drew Pearson that the rookie receiver didn’t have a catch for the first time this season during the 30-27 loss to the Saints. Bryant’s conduct on the sideline, specifically a couple of rants caught by television cameras, perturbed Pearson.

“I think it was more the T.O.-type emotion,” Pearson said Friday on ESPN 103.3’s Ben and Skin Show, referring to controversial former Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens. “I think that emotion was more individually oriented or individually based.”

Read more from Drew Pearson: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ew-pearson-dez-bryant-showed-t-o-type-emotion

Audio: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=5851982

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Can't say I disagree with Drew. Thats the thought that crossed my mind too. I am little bit of wary of Bryant now, with that outburst. Now we don't know if it was due to lack of balls thrown to him, or the fact that he was called a penalty that he thought he didn't commit. If it was the later, then I guess I don't have much of a problem or that big of a problem. But if it was because of not having any catches, then we got big problems in future.

nathanlt

Reaction score
What I find hilarious from that article is that the Saints focused on keeping Bryant double teamed, to take him out of the game.

He is a rookie who doesn't get thrown to enough. Why take our rookie WR out of the game when he's just barely had enough experience to call it a half season?

Let the record show, this WR is attracting defensive double teams only 11 games into his first season!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Don't really care what Pearson says. He Just trying to stay relevant by bashing our current players. I respect him greatly but he's been overly vocal lately.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I have no problem with a player being upset if he feels he can help the team win but the team isn't taking advantage of it. Irvin did it, T.O. did it, Emmitt did it and so did most really great skill position players. I will never fault a player for caring and wanting to help the team.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We don't know for sure what Dez was ranting about. It might have been about the penalty and not lack of catches. I had a feeling watching the game that it reminded me of T.O. Let's hope this is not the case.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
When Dez starts blaming the QB and OC, then I will have a problem with his outbursts.

chuffly

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3721365 said:
Can't say I disagree with Drew. Thats the thought that crossed my mind too. I am little bit of wary of Bryant now, with that outburst. Now we don't know if it was due to lack of balls thrown to him, or the fact that he was called a penalty that he thought he didn't commit. If it was the later, then I guess I don't have much of a problem or that big of a problem. But if it was because of not having any catches, then we got big problems in future.

These were kind of the thoughts running through my mind.

mldardy

Reaction score
I disagree with Drew on this one. T.O.type of emotion would be screaming down your teammates(plenty of times in SF), getting in your QB's face(plenty of times, most notably with McNabb) and, coaches on the sidelines(again in SF). Calling them out in the media after the game(every team he has played on). Dez showed some frustration but no to T.O. type emotion.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dez has a small problem in college, falls in the draft.
Dez has an outburst on the sideline.
No one here knows what it's about.
A former Cowboy player named TO had outbursts.
Therefore, Dez is another TO.

Awesome logic.

Or more like, the media simply trying to start something WAY, WAY TOO EARLY.

He's a rookie.

sbark

Reaction score
It should illustrate clearly to Dez....he needs to learn the entire playbook.

So he can be moved into the slot, put in motion all the things available to get him involved.

He should have his "mentor" Kitna in his face with a little rant of his own on getting the playbook down pat.

....or is he only his mentor after games like he had vrs. the Giants????

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The dude was upset that he got called for a penalty that took away.from barber long run. That is when he got upset.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Honestly I liked what I saw from Dez. If he wants the ball then get him the ball.

People here complain about Barber all the time. They also complain about Dez not getting the ball enough.

I think if we focused more on getting our star players the ball then maybe we don't get players like Dez upset.

Sure he looked fustrated and yelled at people. So has Brady and so has Peyton. If that is what it takes for our team to make changes, then I'm ok with it. It doesn't matter how you do it. Its a matter of getting it done and having the results you want. Thats what I think is important.

Wood

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3721376 said:
Don't really care what Pearson says. He Just trying to stay relevant by bashing our current players. I respect him greatly but he's been overly vocal lately.

give me a break. His analysis was dead on. Drew doesnt think it will be problem going forward as long as its nip in the bud now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I saw Ray Sherman and Dez hugging and smiling too. At least I thought I did.

Wood

Reaction score
mldardy;3721405 said:
I disagree with Drew on this one. T.O.type of emotion would be screaming down your teammates(plenty of times in SF), getting in your QB's face(plenty of times, most notably with McNabb) and, coaches on the sidelines(again in SF). Calling them out in the media after the game(every team he has played on). Dez showed some frustration but no to T.O. type emotion.

dude it took 3 players and WR coach on sideline to calm him down and Jason Witten on the field when Dez got back in. It was a distraction...big difference between that and wanting the ball more.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3721376 said:
We're 3-8. He's had plenty to be vocal about.