ESPN Dallas: Pearson: Bryant showed 'T.O.-type emotion'...w/audio | video/post #39

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;3721516 said:
I saw Ray Sherman and Dez hugging and smiling too. At least I thought I did.
I did too. I think Dez realized he was wrong in the end, he just let his frustration get the best of him. I think as he matures more he'll be able to keep his emotions in check.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Looked to me that he was pissed about the illegal shift penalty. Now it may have been magnified because of his lack of production during the game but I'm not ready to call the kid a headcase a la Owens! Seems like some are overreacting to his overreaction!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I thought the outburst was over the penalty called on him that took away that big run for Barber.

I thought that was the frustration he was letting out. I could be wrong though.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3721595 said:
I thought the outburst was over the penalty called on him that took away that big run for Barber.

I thought that was the frustration he was letting out. I could be wrong though.

Thats what I originally thought when I saw it. But Troy's comments and by the team's attempt to get him the ball, make me think, Troy might have been right. Although Troy said he was fine with what Dez was doing since he was a competitor.

But at the same time, it did bother me, that he is a rookie and already needing some baby sitting. We shall see if in future this does happen frequently. Then we can say for sure if he is a diva, or that was just one time frustration. Not that he wont get frustrated, but outbursts where coach needs to calm him type of frustration.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
brooksey1;3721383 said:
We don't know for sure what Dez was ranting about. It might have been about the penalty and not lack of catches. I had a feeling watching the game that it reminded me of T.O. Let's hope this is not the case.

That's what I'm thinking. We really don't know what Dez was upset about. Drew is basing his opinion on body languange and nothing else.

I thought he was upset about the penalty, but who knows? He showed some emotion during the Giants game too when the ref didn't call his catch a TD. He was running and motioning his arms then, too.

Everything Dez does attracts attention. From refusing to carry Roy's pads, the high dollar dinner, losing an earring and now this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;3721579 said:
Looked to me that he was pissed about the illegal shift penalty. Now it may have been magnified because of his lack of production during the game but I'm not ready to call the kid a headcase a la Owens! Seems like some are overreacting to his overreaction!
I had not thought of that. You very well might be right.

Nerm222

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3721602 said:
Thats what I originally thought when I saw it. But Troy's comments and by the team's attempt to get him the ball, make me think, Troy might have been right. Although Troy said he was fine with what Dez was doing since he was a competitor.

But at the same time, it did bother me, that he is a rookie and already needing some baby sitting. We shall see if in future this does happen frequently. Then we can say for sure if he is a diva, or that was just one time frustration. Not that he wont get frustrated, but outbursts where coach needs to calm him type of frustration.

Thats how i saw it. I'm very excited about what Dez brings to the table, but I dont want to see a guy that needs a bunch of coaches and players to calm him down when things are going bad. I love the passion, but it needs to be productive.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3721376 said:
Don't really care what Pearson says. He Just trying to stay relevant by bashing our current players. I respect him greatly but he's been overly vocal lately.

is there a "stupid post of the day" emoticon?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3721385 said:
When Dez starts blaming the QB and OC, then I will have a problem with his outbursts.

this.....nothing wrong with emotion...........at the time i did have T.O. flashbacks but this was nothing like that......i just hope as he gets older and more comfortable in the league it doesnt start becoming a T.O. type situation...blaming , finger pointing and patting self on back....

Primetime42

Reaction score
nathanlt;3721370 said:
What I find hilarious from that article is that the Saints focused on keeping Bryant double teamed, to take him out of the game.

He is a rookie who doesn't get thrown to enough. Why take our rookie WR out of the game when he's just barely had enough experience to call it a half season?

Let the record show, this WR is attracting defensive double teams only 11 games into his first season!
What disturbs me is Miles not taking advantage of that situation.

BHendri5

Reaction score
It was not a big deal. Drew thought it was one thing, he was wrong. Nothing to worry about.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Hostile;3721516 said:
I saw Ray Sherman and Dez hugging and smiling too. At least I thought I did.

That's why I think it was the penalty that Dez was upset about. Surely if he was throwing a tantrum about not getting the ball, Sherman wouldn't be smiling and hugging him? I would think he'd be annoyed if Dez was throwing a hissy fit about that. :laugh2:

Wood

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;3721616 said:
That's what I'm thinking. We really don't know what Dez was upset about. Drew is basing his opinion on body languange and nothing else.

I thought he was upset about the penalty, but who knows? He showed some emotion during the Giants game too when the ref didn't call his catch a TD. He was running and motioning his arms then, too.

Everything Dez does attracts attention. From refusing to carry Roy's pads, the high dollar dinner, losing an earring and now this.

based on the fact that Dallas threw to Dez three times after his tirade...I would say it had something to do with the lack of balls being thrown his direction. IMHO....this was Garrett biggest mistake of the game to cuddle Dez and call for all those throws in his direction. What should have happend is Garrett sit Dez on the bench...and work the middle with Witten and Austin on outside.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Wood;3721671 said:
based on the fact that Dallas threw to Dez three times after his tirade...I would say it had something to do with the lack of balls being thrown his direction. IMHO....this was Garrett biggest mistake of the game to cuddle Dez and call for all those throws in his direction. What should have happend is Garrett sit Dez on the bench...and work the middle with Witten and Austin on outside.

my thoughts exactly. They couldnt stop Witten, but we did.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Cover 2;3721530 said:
I did too. I think Dez realized he was wrong in the end, he just let his frustration get the best of him. I think as he matures more he'll be able to keep his emotions in check.

Me three.

Heaven forbid Dallas gets some guys that show emotion, want the ball, and want to win. Because we all know that is a recipe for disaster. :rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Primetime42;3721660 said:
What disturbs me is Miles not taking advantage of that situation.
If you look at the numbers, it was Witten who got the big day as a result of Dez coverage, even Bennett got a couple of looks. Miles has been Miles. I just don't know that if he and Kitna are on the same page.

It does look like Kitna and Roy are synching back up a bit, as well.

Fumbles aside, but this was the best all around passing game by Kitna. I don't mind Dez getting all the looks, but I like to feel confident that my QB is willing to pass to the open man.

As for Dez, I think he was frustrated by the lack of looks his way. I just remember reading his lips during that sideline shot by Fox and he was saying, "I was open."

As already stated, no, we don't know why he was ranting, but I don't care. I'd rather see him working the sidelines getting his team hype and then folks trying to calm him down about something. Basically, use the passion in a more positive way.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Anybody else see how it looked like he lost another earring on one play? If that is the case I'm sure it didn't help his mood either.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wood;3721511 said:
give me a break. His analysis was dead on. Drew doesnt think it will be problem going forward as long as its nip in the bud now.

get a grip, somebody else who wants to say i told you so. where were you when he was the only, yes the only player showing anything like commitment the 1st 8 weeks. Move along...............