News: ESPN: Despite no playoffs, Jerry Jones won't make significant changes

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite no playoffs, Jerry Jones won't make significant changes

i

There will some changes on the coaching staff and on the roster. But will they be enough to spark a team that missed the playoffs in 2017?

Read Full Story

mardwin

Reaction score
Reason why I wish we had went 4-12 instead of 9-7 and miss the playoffs smh

#PouringTheKoolAide

Doubt a worse record would have lead to significant coaching changes. On the offensive side of the ball they have the Zeke suspension, Tyron Smith injury excuses. On the defensive side, the excuse of inexperience with the secondary. Next year will go 8-8 once more and the coordinators will get the axe while the HC continues to have no accountability.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is disheartening. Garrett just isn’t very good.

I thought it his rookie year. I thought it his coach of the year season. He’s below average at best.

Ignore the lack of adjustments, lack of imagination—rub/pick plays etc, his poor clock management is still a major problem and played a major role in us nkt playing this weekend.

The Green Bay game this year and last are evidence. Video game players, honestly and truly, understand the end of game clock situations better.

The fact that no professionals running this team can see this is sickening.

Sydla

Reaction score
The line that had me rolling was the "several years invested in the evolving of Garrett" comment.

That right there showed you Jerry is completely clueless at this point on what to do. He's just letting personal feelings dictate decision making.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He's been saying that for years. It's funny cause it's kind of an underhanded comment.

The idea that Garrett isn't there yet, but learns more every year suggests Jason doesn't know what he's doing.
He and Steven you can't just blame Jerry are building a head coach with Garrett and like the process it can take years maybe even decades, but they feel eventually he will be the best coach in the league and win Super Bowl after Super Bowl.
They feel the reason we missed the playoffs was the whole Elliot thing and it didn't have anything to do with the coaches.

the coaches are great the players are gray Jerry and Stephen are great as GM's it was just the Elliot thing messed them up they will do better next year

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I know that season ticket holders can't get out of their contract, but they sure can sell all of those tickets to opposing fans.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Hard to really grasp how understanding Jerry has been about us being perennial losers