News: ESPN: Eagles coach not ruling Hurts out vs. Cowboys

Carson

Reaction score
Eagles have not clinched the #1 seed. Expect Hurts to start.
They are essentially locked in the 1.

They are 13-1 and Minnesota is 11-3 with Philly holding the tiebreaker. Philly would need to lose the last 3 and Minnesota would need to win out. It won’t happen

Dakota

Reaction score
Against America' Team and sure fire NFL game of the week, ..the iggles crew will surely try to inject-shoot up Hurt's shoulder this entire week, before game day.
It is just not that important of a game for them. They are in a very good position only needing to win one out of the remaining three. We seem to think it is a huge game, they don't. Hurts will not play. It is all just a smoke screen.

plasticman

Reaction score
They are essentially locked in the 1.

They are 13-1 and Minnesota is 11-3 with Philly holding the tiebreaker. Philly would need to lose the last 3 and Minnesota would need to win out. It won’t happen
Yes, the Eagles would have to lose their ast three. The Eagles need to win one more game.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It's his non-throwing shoulder and it is sprained a little. My bet is he plays. Even if he gets hurt the Eagles have 3 weeks before their next meaningful game. The Eagles want the #1 seed. They need 1 more win to get it. After that they can sit everyone like they did last year.

The one thing they my do though is cut down his running plays. or tell him not to take any chances, just slide if anyone gets close.

The Eagles have had a lot of luck with injuries this year so I don't think they will worry much about Hurts.
It is his throwing shoulder. He was sacked, and driven to the frozen turf with all the weight of the linemen on top of him. It was behind the line of scrimmage where a QB is most vulnerable. He was lucky it didn't snap a collarbone, separate the shoulder or other ligament damage. It doesn't appear to be serious at all considering he got up and played the whole game throwing accurate deep passes. They'll have a hard time keeping Hurts from playing this weekend I'm sure, but you're right they only need to win 1 of the last 3, or Us and Minnesota to lose 1 for them to clinch. If it was me, and he wants to play I'd play him. There's plenty of times teams rested their players going into the playoffs and got beat in their first game. That would actually be hilarious

75boyz

Reaction score
Is his owner making pronouncements as to who will and will not play? Their fans have a right to know!

Lol, EXACTLY!
While there is at least the appearance that Hurts may play, he most likely will not.
BUT...
The difference being creating a problem for the Dallas dee to hafta prepare for 2 diff QBs.

If this was Dallas Jerry woulda already let Philly know exactly who was playing and not playing a week in advance.

He has never had any gamesmanship intellect whatsoever as a GM.

It's a punchline expectation of him at this point.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Eagles have not clinched the #1 seed. Expect Hurts to start.

They only need one more win so the smart play is to rest Hurts so he's healthy for a postseason run. If they lose to Dallas and the Saints (unlikely) they can consider playing Hurts in the finale against the Giants.

The risk-reward of starting him on a slightly shorter week at Dallas isn't worth it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I really want Hurts to play. How else will we hurt him ? Play to hurt him with hard tackles or cheapshots(Lol) and if he doesn't get hurt at least we'll have more film for a possible 3rd matchup. Win/win.
You loved Buddy Ryan as well.

Mikemcm

Reaction score
Good I hope he does play one hit on that shoulder and he is done. How ironic if it was Parsons who drooped him?

rags

Reaction score
They only need one more win so the smart play is to rest Hurts so he's healthy for a postseason run. If they lose to Dallas and the Saints (unlikely) they can consider playing Hurts in the finale against the Giants.

The risk-reward of starting him on a slightly shorter week at Dallas isn't worth it.

Exactly.

Zman5

Reaction score
I hope he plays and as @xwalker suggested, we blitz everyone on defense on every play and get a hard "legal" hit on him every chance we get.

We need Fowler and Sam Williams to get into the Kamikaze mode.