News: ESPN: Eagles intend to keep QB Wentz, sources say

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Eagles intend to keep QB Wentz, sources say

i

The Eagles still have every intention to keep Carson Wentz and have him be a major part of their team, sources told ESPN, even though the struggling QB has been benched in favor of rookie Jalen Hurts.

Read Full Story
not likely if Jalen Hurts continues to play like he just did in first half .

Alweezy

Reaction score
The Eagles actually could do that, they would take a 20MM cap hit this year but they have 21MM in cap space (but its money they need to roll over).

I don't see anyone paying 15 Million a year for Wentz, especially in a cap year that is supposed to go down, but crazier things have happened. IMO they have to keep him on the roster, this is going to be a pretty delicious bit of schadenfreude to watch as a Cowboys fan.

Did I mention to get Wentz the Eagles traded a #1, #2, #3, #4 and a future #1 that was used on Deshaun Watson?

They did all that to keep us from also drafting Wentz. That move worked out for us too.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Eagles actually could do that, they would take a 20MM cap hit this year but they have 21MM in cap space (but its money they need to roll over).

I don't see anyone paying 15 Million a year for Wentz, especially in a cap year that is supposed to go down, but crazier things have happened. IMO they have to keep him on the roster, this is going to be a pretty delicious bit of schadenfreude to watch as a Cowboys fan.

Did I mention to get Wentz the Eagles traded a #1, #2, #3, #4 and a future #1 that was used on Deshaun Watson?

I forgot that the Eagles gave up that much for Wentz. They still won a SB and they could have recovered if they would have drafted Metcalf instead of Arcega-Whiteside last year and Jefferson instead of Reagor this year.

I definitely see a team paying Wentz $15M for a year with a no-risk, relatively low $20M salaries for a QB. The team could cut him at any time and not owe a cent.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They did all that to keep us from also drafting Wentz. That move worked out for us too.

My memory is that Dallas liked Jared Goff a lot better than Wentz, but I could be wrong.

Alweezy

Reaction score
My memory is that Dallas liked Jared Goff a lot better than Wentz, but I could be wrong.
That draft we had a pretty good shot at getting a franchise QB. The picks were working out to where we looked to get the #1 QB on the board and Wentz would have been good consolation. By the end of the week we had missed out on both. I definitely remember Philly trading into that spot and thinking Philly did it to spite us.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The Eagles are a much better team with Wentz on the bench as demonstrated by how they played against the Saints today.

Qcard

Reaction score

i

The Eagles still have every intention to keep Carson Wentz and have him be a major part of their team, sources told ESPN, even though the struggling QB has been benched in favor of rookie Jalen Hurts.

Read Full Story
Yeah right....if Hurts and Eagles win against Saints. I doubt they make the same mistake twice.....Nick Foles 2.0

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
It is almost like Carson Wentz has a good team...and Dak Prescott has a bad team.

The Eagles are something like 11-3 without Wentz with a SB, another playoff win (should be two more as the Eagles had that game won), and now a win against the conference best with a QB many of you think doesn't even beyond in the NFL.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

i

Read Full Story
lol like they have a choice. 60mil in dead money next yr they cant get rid of him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
But wait, I was told the only reason Wentz sucks is that his teammates are injured. No one could win with that supporting cast!

tenor.gif

The Wentz apologists are accusing Pederson of "sabotaging" Wentz by calling different and better plays for Hurts and claimed that he did the same with Foles. Which is a funny excuse since not long ago Eagles fans claimed that Wentz was so "elite" that he was able to call his own plays. :laugh:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even funnier after watching Hurts lead the Eagles to a 17-0 halftime lead over the Saints lol... Wentz’ stock value is plummeting.
Hurts could bring a nice high draft pick to the eagles. Pederson will be gone long before Wentz will I think

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
He'll be a major contributor to their team just like Herschel was a major contributor of our 90's team.