ESPN expected to have another round of layoffs in 4 weeks

ghst187

Reaction score
The whole channel can fold as far as I'm concerned.

Yep, they earned it.
At some point....maybe long from now.....perhaps in a land far away....someone in the business will figure out that no one wants to mix sports with politics and serious social issues.
Sports was the escape.....now that it’s not....the business and vendors of sports will pay the price

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Well. maybe they drop Del Kupper from the draft to make it more watchable. :flagwave:

They already got rid of Ved Turder.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
1) I don't believe ESPN will fold
2) Even if they did, I believe their parent company is still responsible for ESPN's debts and obligations

but if we assume hypothetically that ESPN and Disney/ABC completely disappear....

My guess is that the league would shop the Monday Night package elsewhere. Maybe TNT, maybe a streaming service, maybe FS1..... but IMHO - and I admit this is just guesswork since I do not know the intricate details of the TV packages - the cap would indeed be affected by the change in revenue. If the league got more revenue in the new deal, the cap would go up accordingly. If they got less revenue, it would go down.
No, the parent company wouldn't be.
Business regulations are so tilted in favor of business it is crazy.
Disney/ABC could fold ESPN and file bankruptcy for just that unit... NFL would be left digging through scraps for it's insane money ... alas they'd be able to resell the rights.

BUT, this won't happen because NFL rights are invaluable and ESPN makes a ton of ad money on games, just not it's terrible shows. All these shows are terrible on every single network that has them btw.
ESPN has and has had for some time a content problem.
Original shows/movies and Games sell. Serial talk stuff is really not selling anymore for anyone.
Why watch that crap when you can watch stranger things 2 episode 4 at 5P M instead?