ESPN: Free agent Ezekiel Elliott visiting Patriots

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Bill is smart enough to realize that part of Zekes decrease in stats was due to being Daks primary bodyguard on a large percentage of plays.
Having said that, I don't think Zeke would be the ideal fit for Bills scheme.
haha Bill has never won anything without Brady

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Zeke willing to play for the league minimum?

Pats aren’t stupid. Likely just a favor for his agent.
Pats are not stupid that is right. As they are not stupid to low ball him like that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bill is smart enough to realize that part of Zekes decrease in stats was due to being Daks primary bodyguard on a large percentage of plays.
Having said that, I don't think Zeke would be the ideal fit for Bills scheme.
His decrease in stats was due to him being phased out as the season went on and Pollard getting more carries. Pollard had a career high and carries last season which affected Zeke’s numbers.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So? It's a good thing multi-year careers aren't defined by a single season. He averages 3 receptions/game (50/year prorated) for his career with a 7.7 yard/reception. He can clearly do better than 17.
Can he, clearly.
That is the bet.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
His decrease in stats was due to him being phased out as the season went on and Pollard getting more carries. Pollard had a career high and carries last season which affected Zeke’s numbers.
Exactly, you said it. phased out.

stinkface

Reaction score
With due respect, Zekes decline in big play ability is what caused Pollard to take on more of the load. His days of dominating on god given talent are over. He still is a valuable back to have in a rotation but that's about it. The talent evaluators in the league have known that for a couple years. I doubt if he could run a 4.7 today.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With due respect, Zekes decline in big play ability is what caused Pollard to take on more of the load. His days of dominating on god given talent are over. He still is a valuable back to have in a rotation but that's about it. The talent evaluators in the league have known that for a couple years. I doubt if he could run a 4.7 today.
That’s what I’m saying. His decline is the reason he began being phased out in favor of Pollard. Zeke still provided value as a blocker and a short yardage back but not for the amount of money he was making, which is why he was released. As for Zeke’s speed he could still easily run at least a 4.5. The problem wasn’t his straight away speed, It was his lack of burst, quickness and elusiveness. It wasn’t like he was being chased down from behind, he couldn’t free himself. The big difference between him and Pollard is that Pollard is quick and shifty with burst.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. His decline is the reason he began being phased out in favor of Pollard. Zeke still provided value as a blocker and a short yardage back but not for the amount of money he was making, which is why he was released. As for Zeke’s speed he could still easily run at least a 4.5. The problem wasn’t his straight away speed, It was his lack of burst, quickness and elusiveness. It wasn’t like he was being chased down from behind, he couldn’t free himself. The big difference between him and Pollard is that Pollard is quick and shifty with burst.
PCL in 2021

Hyper extended knee in 2022.

He’s fine now.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
PCL in 2021

Hyper extended knee in 2022.

He’s fine now.
He’s always fine this time of year. However, despite the injuries he’s not the same player he was his first few seasons, which is why he’s still unsigned.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’s always fine this time of year. However, despite the injuries he’s not the same player he was his first few seasons, which is why he’s still unsigned.
Yes.

Thats called aging.