ESPN: Free agent Ezekiel Elliott visiting Patriots

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes.

Thats called aging.
He just turned 28. It’s not his age, he’s been on the decline for the past few seasons. It’s the wear and tear from seven years of carrying the football. Most backs start to decline by 28. It started a lot sooner with Zeke. From day one he was never great at making defenders miss. It was almost like he was looking for contact. He would lower his head and look to run someone over. It took its toll.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
delete delete delete the thread!!!! Why is this fake news still here? No one else is reporting this. Fair is fair. Is Game on an approved CZ source? Is it real? Just sayin

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why delete the thread? Did Zeke visit the Pats? Yes he did.
I was being tongue and cheek because I actually used a legit source on a thread 2nite and the entire thing was deleted. Tom Downey is a legit source. But I digress. Obviously the entire thread in this case shouldnt be deleted. Glad they deleted the fake postings finally. The fake stuff ruins everything for others that are just making honest comments from legit outlets.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Pats are not dumb they know he is struggling to find a job and is cheap right now. They prob need a FB lol.

John813

Reaction score
Good for him. Think it would be a good thing if he did just move on with another team if they offer him a deal.

stinkface

Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. His decline is the reason he began being phased out in favor of Pollard. Zeke still provided value as a blocker and a short yardage back but not for the amount of money he was making, which is why he was released. As for Zeke’s speed he could still easily run at least a 4.5. The problem wasn’t his straight away speed, It was his lack of burst, quickness and elusiveness. It wasn’t like he was being chased down from behind, he couldn’t free himself. The big difference between him and Pollard is that Pollard is quick and shifty with burst.
I think no way he runs a 4.5 now. A few times he had the corner last year and had clear sailing, but he knew he didn't have the speed and ran out of bounds.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think no way he runs a 4.5 now. A few times he had the corner last year and had clear sailing, but he knew he didn't have the speed and ran out of bounds.
There were reports a couple of years ago he was still running a 4.4 something. We really never got a chance to see his straight away speed because he could never break free. However, his lateral speed, quickness and burst had diminished.

CWR

Reaction score
Would be a good landing spot with Demondre as the primary.

CWR

Reaction score

He does in week 1. He just doesn't have enough speed to overcome the soreness and nagging injuries as the season wears on. He starts out strong until then.

stinkface

Reaction score
He does in week 1. He just doesn't have enough speed to overcome the soreness and nagging injuries as the season wears on. He starts out strong until then.
Only 7 running backs in this years Combine ran better then 4.5. Zeke couldn't run a 4.5 now. That speed is gone.

CWR

Reaction score
Only 7 running backs in this years Combine ran better then 4.5. Zeke couldn't run a 4.5 now. That speed is gone.

I mean he can get the corner week 1. It doesn't last though. I've seen it repeatedly with my own eyes.

He barley got under a 4.5 at his combine let alone now

stinkface

Reaction score
There were reports a couple of years ago he was still running a 4.4 something. We really never got a chance to see his straight away speed because he could never break free. However, his lateral speed, quickness and burst

There were reports a couple of years ago he was still running a 4.4 something. We really never got a chance to see his straight away speed because he could never break free. However, his lateral speed, quickness and burst had diminished.
He ran a 4.47 at the combine 7 years ago. That was the high water mark for his speed. He's older and heavier and slower now. I love the guy, but his speed is gone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He ran a 4.47 at the combine 7 years ago. That was the high water mark for his speed. He's older and heavier and slower now. I love the guy, but his speed is gone.
I’m just telling you that someone in the Cowboys media reported a couple of years ago that he ran a 4.4 something during camp. He may have slowed down but no way is he running a 4.7. Early in the season before he starts suffering dings he’s looked fast. He slows down as the season goes on when he’s battling an injury.

stinkface

Reaction score
I’m just telling you that someone in the Cowboys media reported a couple of years ago that he ran a 4.4 something during camp. He may have slowed down but no way is he running a 4.7. Early in the season before he starts suffering dings he’s looked fast. He slows down as the season goes on when he’s battling an injury.
Well, that was a couple years ago. That isn't now. Speed leaves in a hurry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, that was a couple years ago. That isn't now. Speed leaves in a hurry.
It’s very difficult to judge his straightaway speed when he can’t break free. Can’t recall anyone chasing him down from behind when all he had was the endzone in front of him. What’s been evident is his loss of lateral quickness and burst. He isn’t very shifty. This is why he hasn’t been able to free himself. Pollard has been able to free himself because he does have a lateral quickness and burst, and is shifty.