ESPN Hoge's Tape Room: Arizona Will Heat Up Against Dallas's D

cardsfanmd

Reaction score
Boysboy;2326567 said:
I can also honestly say that when the Fitzgerald to Philly for Lito trade DIDN'T fall through, everyone here on CZ was *relieved*.

Lito Sheppard has been a long-time Cowboy killer, and would love to seem him leave our division(this would all but burden Asante "zone corner" Samuels into locking down his side of the field 100% of the time), but Fitz in Philly would have given McNabb a TREMENDOUS weapon, as well as open up Reid's pass-happy playbook to new heights.

OTOH-wouldn't have minded Boldin to go to Philly for Lito(both are represented by Rosenhaus, BTW).
Word in 'Zona is that Boldin will be a Cowboy next year. He is done with the Cards.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2326450 said:
in my league TD passes are only 4 pts and 1 pt per 25 yds passing.

in your league Favre must have had like 60 points or close to it against Zona.....heck, Warner probably had over 30 even with the 7 turnovers.

Warner put up 41 points and Farve had 56 or something along those lines.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cardsfanmd;2326543 said:
I see both offenses putting up big #'s tomorrow, especially since both teams have banged up secondaries. Hopefully, the homefield advantage is enough to get the Cards a W. We have killed the last 4 teams we played at home.
What do you mean home game? Check out all the blue.:lmao: :lmao:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Fox's Brian Baldinger said on the Radio that he thinks we'll win easily, I was kinda surprised.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2326156 said:
Arizona Will Heat Up Against Dallas's D
I've always said that football is a game of matchups. Take the Cardinals offense, for one. Against the Jets, they committed a ton of turnovers. But playing the Bills last week, they adjusted against Buffalo's quick defense, throwing more three-step drops and crossing routes. That adaptation will take them a long way against the Cowboys' defense, which plays a more physical, stronger game than the Bills.

Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald should look for those patented vertical throws. As for the running game, expect Arizona to run on the edges with Edgerrin James and Tim Hightower. That's where the Cowboys struggle, as they showed against the Commanders and Bengals. They'll want to force the outside linebackers to stop the run instead of hitting Warner repeatedly.

We have a problem stopping the run on the edges because both the OLB's D.Ware and G. Ellis are first rushing the passer on the outside so they jump the gap way early, which is their job in the scheme, to create the pressure and therefore the run is open there. Even worse, I see our left side of the defense getting tested and gashed early on both pass and run. If this is where ARZ wants to attack from jump then we have to switch Pac and Henry by 2nd quarter to make them have to change directions when the want to pass and run. Watch this stuff, is going to happen all game.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2326764 said:
Fox's Brian Baldinger said on the Radio that he thinks we'll win easily, I was kinda surprised.

Its just a commentators opinion, I'm pretty sure their are other guys out their saying Arizona wins big, or it'll come down to a last second field goal, take the predictions in stride.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We have only talked about the Cardinals offense Vs our Defense, how about the reverse, I can't really see the Cardinals stopping us at all unless we turn it over.