Video: ESPN: Is McCarthy's job at risk after Cowboys' loss?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by triplets_93, Nov 27, 2020.

1. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

26,542 Messages
    65,433 Likes Received
    Absolutely not! Injuries continue to decimate our Cowboys OL. MM is a big believer in OL continuity. The team hasn’t had much of it in 2020, though, with injuries forcing the Cowboys coaching staff to shuffle players in and out of positions with disheartening frequency.

Fans need to take all that into consideration.

Chocolate Lab and cowboyec like this.
  2. FiveSuperBowls

FiveSuperBowls Well-Known Member

969 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    Hmm, ESPN is still around...

3. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    7,724 Likes Received
    Like I said, I am still not happy with our coaching staff. Mainly because like you said, I don't like his approach.

4. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

7,612 Messages
    4,680 Likes Received
    He wont get fired but I've seen enough. Our only hope is firing Nolan and bringing in a guy like Greg Williams or somebody else that brings a rough and tough attitude to the defense. Not a guy that started the year sitting in a booth :facepalm:

Cowfan75 likes this.
  5. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,510 Messages
    4,969 Likes Received
    Yup. If MM can do nothing about the garbage that these coordinators churn out each week, he's useless. If he's signing off on the garbage, he's worse than useless. You could scrap this entire staff and spin a wheel to call up plays and it's the same difference.

6. Texasfootball21

Texasfootball21 Well-Known Member

759 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    :espn:

cowboyec likes this.
  7. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,900 Messages
    21,050 Likes Received
    i think it's worth mentioning that the texans have improved considerably since firing their hc a few weeks ago.

Jack Burton and 75boyz like this.
  8. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

5,496 Messages
    6,829 Likes Received
    Nothing will happen with McCarthy although it should. It is clear he is another clueless re-tread coach who Jerry hopes will get the team "over the top". Every excuse is built in this year though so there will be at least another year of him.

For me I would go in another direction (young new HC talent, let them bring in all new people, etc.) and load up in the draft. Now THAT would be exciting but with a re-tread coach and a very questionable defensive coordinator; not much to be excited about next year for me.

Their coaching abilities are not going to magically fix themselves. McCarthy is a coach that is supposed to be seasoned enough to put teams in a good situation if things aren't right with injuries, etc. Seems like he is opposite to me.

I definitely think he was riding QB coat-tails in his other stint now.

Jack Burton, jnday and 75boyz like this.
  9. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,963 Messages
    7,668 Likes Received
    What we have seen thru 11 games is way more than loss of players, it's called terrible play calling going back to the Rams game.

Jack Burton and cern like this.
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,920 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    He's as snug as a bug in a rug.

Porky isn't going anywhere.

triplets_93 likes this.
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    6,460 Likes Received
    No way, the man can do no wrong this season...even as bad as some of his decisions may look. I believe he is tanking and if not directly, at least indirectly. He is trying to experiment with different plays and situations trying to see what he's got. Let's re-evaluate in 2021.

12. JMPearson

JMPearson Well-Known Member

1,436 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    There is no talent deficient maybe after the injuries to OL, but there is plenty of talent to be 8-8 on this team it is 100% coaching, they offense system is 20 years old and no other team in the league runs it.

The defense system play a majority of the time the weakest position group on the team.

75boyz likes this.
  13. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

22,644 Messages
    26,721 Likes Received
    he'll get the length of his contract.

14. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    1,638 Likes Received
    We may have still lost the game yesterday, but McCarthy's gambles destroyed any chance. It's hard to believe a 4 pt game turned into a 41-16 game in 12 minutes.

I do believe McCarthy will be back next season but on a short leash.

Big_D likes this.
  15. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

5,358 Messages
    7,014 Likes Received

He would have to do a complete 180 on these gambles. If he's still doing it next year, he should be fired on the spot.

16. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,180 Messages
    5,858 Likes Received
    Great points. I tremendously undervalued Rivera when he was available this offseason. I've always thought he was a respectable coach, but the job he is doing in Washington is worthy of applause.

Think of the dysfunction they've had between the name change and the Snyder allegations, in addition to the personal cancer battle you referenced. And not only is he on his third starting QB of the season -- he had the cajones to make the difficult decision to bench Haskins early on.

cern likes this.
  17. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,909 Messages
    7,149 Likes Received
    The team needs an identity.

Don't resign dak
    Find a, new home for zeke
    Let Mike rebuild as hecwants
    Hire someone else to rebuild as they want and end it for mike

Anything else continues the Dallas groundhogs pain. Repeat crap but never learn along the way.

bigE79 likes this.
  18. triplets_93

triplets_93 Well-Known Member

1,800 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is a good communicator in the sense that I think that MM already know well what Jerry wants. This stern sit down talk you're talking about is fanciful, to say the least.

19. Illiniferret

Illiniferret Member

33 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I'd rather have Dave Campo back.

20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

31,884 Messages
    20,891 Likes Received
    Nah they lose that game regardless. That game was starting to tilt. You saying that Dalton doenst throw that pick 6 if we make a first down? You saying that the Redskins dont run it down our throats in the 4th quarter if we make that first down? It was obvious the way the game was going to me. I thought the call was dumb, but that wouldnt have changed the outcome. They still had to go 70 more yards to score.