News: ESPN: Jalen Ramsey names Cowboys first among most interested teams

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Safety play allows corners to jump routes. Nobody is taking chances with Barry Church and JJ Wilcox. Honestly Byron doesn't need a veteran to help him. Earl was leading Seattle by his second year. He better get in that film room

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
It is if you waste him at CB.

But a blue chip safety is extremely valuable, though it seems most underrate that position.

The safety position is weak in this league, and having a good one can really separate your team from others.

Just look at the Super Bowl winners since realignment.

Rodney Harrison, Troy Polomalu, Ed Reed, ET/Kam, McCourty... Darren Sharper.

Hell, Darren Sharper was a big reason the Saints finally got over the hump and then never did again once he left.

Imagine Jones/Ramsey for a several years.

I really want that above all.

Both can anywhere..... That is the lure. If they take him at #4, as I hope, I'd imagine us taking a CB later as well

morasp

Reaction score
Mickey Spagnola recently had a lengthy article about Ramsey. Could be he's preparing the fans for the possible pick.

The Cowboys, they aren’t rolling their eyes. They are raising their eyebrows. They, too, understand what I’m talking about and, as this was being written on Friday, the Cowboys, including head coach Jason Garrett, were in Tallahassee for a one-on-one meeting with one Jalen Ramsey.

“Impressive” was the word Garrett used a time or three when we bumped into each other late Friday afternoon at The Ranch.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...s-thoroughly-eying-catalytic-possibility-no-4

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The Ramsey naysayers are woefully ignorant of how good he really is. I get the cornerback memes and obviously Claiborne was a disaster but this kid is insanely good.

Agree! Nothing about me wants a CB or a S at #4 but there is no way I'm passing him if he's there.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably will but honestly, I don't know why. Ramsey has consistently been the player that most sources have said, the Cowboys have at the top of the list.

It's because some do not think cornerback is an important position.

I have no idea where they get that nonsense from... but there ya go!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course we are. For some reason, Jerry thinks DB gives us the best path to success, despite all evidence to the contrary

I think it has more to do with the value of what you pay them in the earlier rounds vs the open market.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I would do what it takes to get him and Joesph and there you have a whole new attitude to the secondary. If they can make that happen they will have a great start.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I never understood why busting on Claiborne means forever more if we pick a corner high, he's going to be a bust too. :huh:

No, but a corner who never shined at corner shouldn't be taken high. Ramsey shined at safety/blitzing. Has Ramsey broken on a route at cb in his entire career? I only see what draft breakdown has but I don't see a cb who can handle being on an island and playing mind games with the QB. He seems to just play his man. Hargreaves actually jumps routes, hes a better cornerback than Ramsey pretty easily imo.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Ramsey naysayers are woefully ignorant of how good he really is. I get the cornerback memes and obviously Claiborne was a disaster but this kid is insanely good.

Watching his games he has a presence on the field. You can watch his team feed off of him and the opponents focus on him. In 2014, when he moved around a lot, teams would go ape when he'd move spots.

The speed of the game won't be much of an adjustment for him. His burst and sustain are incredible.

I just wonder where we would put him. Do we keep Carr? I really like having the most dynamic safety pairing in the NFL and keeping Carr maybe even extend him to get his numbers down and him here long term.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, but a corner who never shined at corner shouldn't be taken high. Ramsey shined at safety/blitzing. Has Ramsey broken on a route at cb in his entire career? I only see what draft breakdown has but I don't see a cb who can handle being on an island and playing mind games with the QB. He seems to just play his man. Hargreaves actually jumps routes, hes a better cornerback than Ramsey pretty easily imo.

Isn't it hard to break on routes when the balls aren't being thrown your way?

fishspill

Reaction score
He'll be given the chance to play corner until he fails. Teams avoided him like they did Bosa, which is why I'm okay with either guy. I just prefer the one closest to the ball on most plays.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He was on Sirius NFL this morning with Booger McFarland. They asked him who were the teams that have shown the most interest. He said Cowboys, Jags, and Ravens. Did not mention Chargers at all.

Chargers could be keeping quiet in hopes of trading back with Jacksonville or Baltimore.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I wanted a QB, dam it:banghead:

Ok, we have to reassess the situation...........looks like both QBs will be gone, so we got Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil, Jack, and Zeke now.

San Diego probably picks either Ramsey or Tunsil since they would be the top two rated guys left. So that leaves us taking the guy they don't want or going with maybe Bosa or Zeke.

I probably go Zeke if this is how its going to go down...........Ramsey cant catch, Bosa cant get sacks, Jack has an injured knee, and Tunsil is overkill.

jnday

Reaction score

He is not the best pure CB in the draft or the best pure safety. That excites me.