News: ESPN: Jalen Ramsey names Cowboys first among most interested teams

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Torn on a DB pick at #4 overall. Seems like a damn good player who is an instant upgrade, but it also seems like this team want to build a defense backwards if this is the pick. DBs seem to be better before being drafted/signed by the Cowboys and seem to be better once they leave this team. Why? Because they are set up to fail if you don't have a pass rush.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I just don't get the love for Ramsey................he had 3 picks his entire college career and NONE last year.

When was the last time a DB got picked in the top 4 who had this few interceptions in college?

Maybe I am missing something, was he like the second coming of Deon Sanders and teams refused to even throw to his side of the field? Is that why he has no picks, because teams were scared to throw to his side of the field?

Honest question, not dogging the guy, just trying to understand why a guy with that makes almost no game changing plays is a top 4 player in the draft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Torn on a DB pick at #4 overall. Seems like a damn good player who is an instant upgrade, but it also seems like this team want to build a defense backwards if this is the pick. DBs seem to be better before being drafted/signed by the Cowboys and seem to be better once they leave this team. Why? Because they are set up to fail if you don't have a pass rush.

there is truth to this,unfortunately you cant ignore your draft board.I hope we go DE and Dt in rd 2 and 3 and go all Defense in the first 3 RDs

reddyuta

Reaction score
I just don't get the love for Ramsey................he had 3 picks his entire college career and NONE last year.

When was the last time a DB got picked in the top 4 who had this few interceptions in college?

Maybe I am missing something, was he like the second coming of Deon Sanders and teams refused to even throw to his side of the field? Is that why he has no picks, because teams were scared to throw to his side of the field?

Honest question, not dogging the guy, just trying to understand why a guy with that makes almost no game changing plays is a top 4 player in the draft.

the lack of INTs is troubling but he gets his hands on a lot of balls but doesnt have good hands.

Fredd

Reaction score
I am about 75% on board with Ramsey, and 25% on Bosa with #4...a slight trade down (if ramsey is gone) and Elliott ranks higher for me

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
the lack of INTs is troubling but he gets his hands on a lot of balls but doesnt have good hands.

Thanks for the reply................so he is in position, just cant catch it............sounds a lot like the guys we already have in the secondary.

How many times last year did a pass hit a defender right in the chest and he dropped it?

Sounds like Ramsey will fit in really well in Dallas.:(

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply................so he is in position, just cant catch it............sounds a lot like the guys we already have in the secondary.

How many times last year did a pass hit a defender right in the chest and he dropped it?

Sounds like Ramsey will fit in really well in Dallas.:(
He caught them as a safety though ;)

It's different when you're facing the fire as opposed to having your back towards it.

conner01

Reaction score
I'd rather joseph round 2 and Sean Davis round 3. Go elsewhere round 1

Who is worth the 4th pick? That's the issue. I'm not crazy about taking Ramsey but if both qb's and tunsil are gone, trading down get to be less of an option and Ramsey would have to be BPA. I like Bosa more than most but even I can't say he would be bpa over Ramsey

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I think biggest thing people look at is lack of interceptions but it can be qb weren't throwing towards his side a lot because of how lock down he was. I.e Deion at Florida state. I haven't looked at a lot of tape but a lot of fsu fans I know say he's unbelievable

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Who is worth the 4th pick? That's the issue. I'm not crazy about taking Ramsey but if both qb's and tunsil are gone, trading down get to be less of an option and Ramsey would have to be BPA. I like Bosa more than most but even I can't say he would be bpa over Ramsey

Nkemdiche