News: ESPN: Jerry Jones "Complement Zeke"

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

After last week's preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jerry Jones said Tony Pollard has shown he could be an every-down back. On Sunday, the owner and general manager was asked if Pollard is the best negotiating ploy the Cowboys have in talks with Ezekiel Elliott. "Zeke who?" Jones joked. Pollard had 51 yards on the Cowboys' first drive that ended with his 14-yard touchdown run. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it, so it is, he goes out there and he plays to that level," Jones said. "If he continues this through the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early, and that will really complement what we're doing with Zeke. Not replace that. And I mean that, not replace that. Nobody's getting cute here, but it'll certainly be a great complement … I can picture those guys same sets at the same times out there and really giving those defenses fits."

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

5h

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
A two back set with each back having the ability to gouge the defense. Plus each back very string i9n the passing game.

Zeke is OBVIOUSLY the better blocker. And could, at times, run the fullback position on a few plays to open a lane.

However, this is still preseason and no one cares who wins except fans.

But the idea is exciting.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
A two back set with each back having the ability to gouge the defense. Plus each back very string i9n the passing game.

Zeke is OBVIOUSLY the better blocker. And could, at times, run the fullback position on a few plays to open a lane.

However, this is still preseason and no one cares who wins except fans.

But the idea is exciting.

I wonder how happy zeke would be doing that.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Well, one of two things must occur to find out. Zeke folds on his demands and com es back. Which means he will not be pleased about much. I highly doubt this scenario.

Zeke gets paid with an extension, and he is fine with it because it extends his career.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Because of the ability of Pollard to line up all over the field not just as a RB he will not just complement Zeke but complement the play calling of Kellen. I like that we are pretty vanilla so far offensively but at the same time confirming that Pollard has the ability to run inside.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We don’t need a FB. He couldn’t even pick up a yard last night against a 3rd string defense. Elliot or Pollard picks that yard up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Because of the ability of Pollard to line up all over the field not just as a RB he will not just complement Zeke but complement the play calling of Kellen. I like that we are pretty vanilla so far offensively but at the same time confirming that Pollard has the ability to run inside.
I want to see what Moore has going on. Hoping he shows us something in the dress rehearsal. I watched Dak take a sack last night instead of throwing the ball away. Still don’t know what happened there..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t need a FB. He couldn’t even pick up a yard last night against a 3rd string defense. Elliot or Pollard picks that yard up.
Olawale picked up a first down early in the game on a 3 yard run, and that was his only carry of the game.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Don’t think we need the roster spot for him. Just my opinion that means nothing. Lol.
I think he stays but not saying he is an elite player just think the team likes his role. Either way pretty meh...hard to get excited about first team boys vs second team rams..

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
He's going to get payed to be one of the best backs in the league. To give him a break and add yards to his personal resume, he needs Pollard to succeed. He should be ok with it from time to time. He takes pride in his blocking and enjoys it. He always has. We are OSU fans as well. He gets giddy to blow someone up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Olawale picked up a first down early in the game
Yeah I saw it. Just not sure about his role. Maybe he is a good blocker and pass protector. How about that sack that Dak took. He could have easily thrown that one away. To me that’s one of his areas to work on for sure.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I saw it. Just not sure about his role. Maybe he is a good blocker and pass protector. How about that sack that Dak took. He could have easily thrown that one away. To me that’s one of his areas to work on for sure.
That was Olawale’s only carry of the game, so I was confused about the comment of him not being able to pick up a yard for the first down.

I think all our QBs need to learn there is a time to throw the ball away.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I want to see what Moore has going on. Hoping he shows us something in the dress rehearsal. I watched Dak take a sack last night instead of throwing the ball away. Still don’t know what happened there..

Yah I’m kinda torn on if to blame Dak or not for holding the ball on that one. It is very obvious that Pollard whiffed on the block and I am thinking Dak thought he would make the block, next thing you know Peterson is in his face. So maybe it was one of those bang bang okays. I don’t know.