News: ESPN: Jerry Jones "Complement Zeke"

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yah I’m kinda torn on if to blame Dak or not for holding the ball on that one. It is very obvious that Pollard whiffed on the block and I am thinking Dak thought he would make the block, next thing you know Peterson is in his face. So maybe it was one of those bang bang okays. I don’t know.
Me either. But him taking these sacks close to the goal line is something he has hit to work on. He saw him coming. Get rid of the ball.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That was Olawale’s only carry of the game, so I was confused about the comment of him not being able to pick up a yard for the first down.

I think all our QBs need to learn there is a time to throw the ball away.
Could have sworn that was him that didn’t pick up the yard for a first down. Who was that, cut him immediately OmerV.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could have sworn that was him that didn’t pick up the yard for a first down. Who was that, cut him immediately OmerV.
Lol, I don’t know which play you are talking about, but Chunn, Morris, Jackson and Weber all got stuffed at points during the game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol, I don’t know which play you are talking about, but Chunn, Morris, Jackson and Weber all got stuffed at points during the game.
Find out who it is and cut him immediately. Let me know when it’s done please..

And also find White and punch him in the face.

Dre11

Reaction score
We don’t need a FB. He couldn’t even pick up a yard last night against a 3rd string defense. Elliot or Pollard picks that yard up.

Man stop, understand the game. It was a terrible throw that stop his momentum. Had the throw been on his outside shoulder like it should've, it would've been an easy first

glimmerman

Reaction score
Man stop, understand the game. It was a terrible throw that stop his momentum. Had the throw been on his outside shoulder like it should've, it would've been an easy first
I was talking about a handoff that was as stuffed. Apparently it may have not even been the FB. Read the number wrong I guess. I was drinking. Again.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Not to be a grammar ****, but there is a massive difference between Pollard complementing Zeke and Jones complimenting Zeke. I was expecting a completely different story when I opened this thread. Title should be edited.
When jed speaks.......the thread title would have to be edited for every poster.

Who knows what he speaks.......jerranese or something.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I want to see what Moore has going on. Hoping he shows us something in the dress rehearsal. I watched Dak take a sack last night instead of throwing the ball away. Still don’t know what happened there..
I hope he saves it for the season.

As for the sack Pollard looked like a rookie. He should have made the adjustment on the hand off to ensure he was able to make the block. No hot routes were called due to no blitz coming. Zeke would have made the adjustment and the block.

cern

Reaction score
pollard made one bad play and several good ones. i'll take the good. he will work on the blocking aspect.

seamus18

Reaction score
The 2 back set is kind of intriguing, I do have to say. I know I’m dating myself here, but I remember how excited I was the first time the Cowboys put Tony Dorsett and Herschel Walker on the field at the same time in a 2 back set. Don’t think it lasted that long, but it was still pretty exciting. Not saying Pollard is one of those guys, but still. Could be fun and give defenses fits.

Fire407

Reaction score
Pollard looked good but again it was against the Rams backups. Like starters going up against the practice squad, it was exactly what you should have expected. Anything less than a TD on the opening drive would have been a major disappointment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not to be a grammar ****, but there is a massive difference between Pollard complementing Zeke and Jones complimenting Zeke. I was expecting a completely different story when I opened this thread. Title should be edited.
I've seen the mistake enough times that I knew whet he meant before reading the OP.

Praxit

Reaction score
...yeah, but is that how Moore's play schemes work, 2 set back?

Praxit

Reaction score
Pollard looked good but again it was against the Rams backups. Like starters going up against the practice squad, it was exactly what you should have expected. Anything less than a TD on the opening drive would have been a major disappointment.
....I saw many 1st teamers on Rams D. Only the bigger names weren't there.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

After last week's preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jerry Jones said Tony Pollard has shown he could be an every-down back. On Sunday, the owner and general manager was asked if Pollard is the best negotiating ploy the Cowboys have in talks with Ezekiel Elliott. "Zeke who?" Jones joked. Pollard had 51 yards on the Cowboys' first drive that ended with his 14-yard touchdown run. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it, so it is, he goes out there and he plays to that level," Jones said. "If he continues this through the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early, and that will really complement what we're doing with Zeke. Not replace that. And I mean that, not replace that. Nobody's getting cute here, but it'll certainly be a great complement … I can picture those guys same sets at the same times out there and really giving those defenses fits."

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

5h
with both Zeke and Pollard's ability to go on deeper routes and set up as recievers, that should give defenses fits. I think moore is moving towards more spread offense, creating space and getting the ball in the hands of play makers and putting pressure on defenses to react.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys

After last week's preseason opener against the San Francisco 49ers, Jerry Jones said Tony Pollard has shown he could be an every-down back. On Sunday, the owner and general manager was asked if Pollard is the best negotiating ploy the Cowboys have in talks with Ezekiel Elliott. "Zeke who?" Jones joked. Pollard had 51 yards on the Cowboys' first drive that ended with his 14-yard touchdown run. "He knows exactly what to do, and he knows how to do it, so it is, he goes out there and he plays to that level," Jones said. "If he continues this through the next several weeks, he's going to be right in the middle of it early, and that will really complement what we're doing with Zeke. Not replace that. And I mean that, not replace that. Nobody's getting cute here, but it'll certainly be a great complement … I can picture those guys same sets at the same times out there and really giving those defenses fits."

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

5h

Just stfUP already Jerrah.........seriously.

Fire407

Reaction score
....I saw many 1st teamers on Rams D. Only the bigger names weren't there.
I don't know who you were seeing. The Rams kept 20 of their starters back in LA. Only Donald and Peters made the trip and that was for Donald to do an acting role and Peters to do publicity. I like McVay's approach to preseason. Don't take any chances of getting a star player injured in a meaningless game. Preseason games are almost unwatchable now. The Rams sat their starters every preseason game last season, and they had a very good year.