News: ESPN: Joe Girardi will not return as manager of Yankees

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Wow, dude. More like a bunch of kids being led astray and found a mentor, one who is antiestablishment and gives these youngsters (who were previously fed with a golden spoon) a sense of purpose and direction. And when the establishment can’t take this outsider professor anymore, they rally behind him.

Remember the young boy who kills himself due to the pressure from his father?

Yes. Great film.

You have yet to answer any of my questions, only giving me a half-arsed, incredibly lazy synopsis of a fine film. A point you latched on to that wasn’t even the driving force behind my original reply to you. It was only used to hammer a point. But it seems like I missed the nail completely.

Yakuza, there’s a corner over there. Go take a time out.

Come back when you are ready to address my points.

Or don’t. Whatever.

I made my points and you chose to neglect them because they don't fit your opinion of Girardi.

You either win WS in the Bronx or you're gone. That is the mentality that was first established by Jacob Ruppert. We don't settle for less. And we don't settle for a manager who can't make it to the World Series and the 1 WS title he did have we won in spite of him.

This ain't the Mets.

And that's why the Yankees have the most devout following in all of baseball. Once you lose that mentality and being happy with 2nd place (hell, being happy with not making the World Series), the fans simply will not put up with it.

As far as Dead Poets Society, it was a story about a bunch of pampered rich kids who were distraught over being guaranteed to go to an Ivy League school, just not the one of their choice. So much so that one kid made the ultimate selfish act of committing suicide. They weren't 'cool' nor were they 'rad.'

If you want to watch a bunch of 'cool' and 'rad' kids in a movie, that was based on real life, who didn't have the choice of what Ivy League school they could go to and didn't commit suicided when their parents told them 'no', watch October Sky.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I made my points and you chose to neglect them because they don't fit your opinion of Girardi.

You either win WS in the Bronx or you're gone. That is the mentality that was first established by Jacob Ruppert. We don't settle for less. And we don't settle for a manager who can't make it to the World Series and the 1 WS title he did have we won in spite of him.

This ain't the Mets.

And that's why the Yankees have the most devout following in all of baseball. Once you lose that mentality and being happy with 2nd place (hell, being happy with not making the World Series), the fans simply will not put up with it.

As far as Dead Poets Society, it was a story about a bunch of pampered rich kids who were distraught over being guaranteed to go to an Ivy League school, just not the one of their choice. So much so that one kid made the ultimate selfish act of committing suicide. They weren't 'cool' nor were they 'rad.'

If you want to watch a bunch of 'cool' and 'rad' kids in a movie, that was based on real life, who didn't have the choice of what Ivy League school they could go to and didn't commit suicided when their parents told them 'no', watch October Sky.

YR
I said I know the mentality of the Yankees.

I said most in this Zone know the mentality of the Yankees.

It was in reference to your somewhat condescending post that alluded to baseball fans not understanding it.

I used two films with “secret societies” to let you know it’s not such a secret.

I still think it’s a massive mistake to fire Girardi, especially coming off this last season where he bottled some magic from his squad.

We will see. I think the Yankees regress. And they’ll rue the non-renew. Yanks don’t like recycling managers.

We’ll see, Rich. Also, I don’t think the Yanks have the most devout following, I think they have the largest. I’d say Philly, Cubbies, and Red Sox are much more “devout”.

As for your Dead Poet’s Society synopsis — stop regurgitating the same spiel. You, again, miss the point of the film.

I’ve seen October Sky. Another fine film.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

This ain't the Mets.

And that's why the Yankees have the most devout following in all of baseball. Once you lose that mentality and being happy with 2nd place (hell, being happy with.. not making the World Series), the fans simply will not put up with it.

YR
My point about DPS had nothing to do with the kids being “cool” or “rad”

The film was rad. Because of its protagonist and how he undermined an establishment to help some boys needing guidance. Please, read my posts, don’t just wait to get your word In edgewise.

My use of the word “rad” is subtle, but above your head, as it was a trendy 80’s adjective, DPS was an 80’s film.

Yes, I know I’m bodacious.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I said I know the mentality of the Yankees.

I said most in this Zone know the mentality of the Yankees.

It was in reference to your somewhat condescending post that alluded to baseball fans not understanding it.

I used two films with “secret societies” to let you know it’s not such a secret.

I still think it’s a massive mistake to fire Girardi, especially coming off this last season where he bottled some magic from his squad.

We will see. I think the Yankees regress. And they’ll rue the non-renew. Yanks don’t like recycling managers.

We’ll see, Rich. Also, I don’t think the Yanks have the most devout following, I think they have the largest. I’d say Philly, Cubbies, and Red Sox are much more “devout”.

As for your Dead Poet’s Society synopsis — stop regurgitating the same spiel. You, again, miss the point of the film.

I’ve seen October Sky. Another fine film.

Do you expound?

Lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You went into a lot of detail and explanation.
I am not used long posts from you :)
I have my moments, Blue :)

Especially in the baseball and NHL threads :)

Oh, and Randy Gregory, Dak hate threads, the literature thread in the OT Zone, and occasionally the Film thread.

Woot!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

This ain't the Mets.

YR
Girardi does not believe in the new analytics....... Cashman wants to move more in that direction

Girardi was old school for a young guy and that 'by the book' stuff doesn't play anymore

They will go with a relative no-name that buys into the new stats and won't keep Jeter or Ellsbury in the 2 hole all year with a .600 OPS and will play the shift a lot more

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will go with a relative no-name that buys into the new stats and won't keep Jeter or Ellsbury in the 2 hole all year with a .600 OPS and will play the shift a lot more

This.

I'll forever consider the guy a Jeter suck-up for allowing him to bat in the #2 hole as a hobbled old man in 2014.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He put Romine out there... Like he's some defensive wiz (not).
Girardi was the classic "born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple" ..... he inherited a Dynasty and doggie paddled for a decade

200m payroll, new stadium and all the resources in the world and he missed the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years

The non-challenge of the tipped ball against CLE was inexcusable.... that could have cost them the series

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Girardi was the classic "born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple" ..... he inherited a Dynasty and doggie paddled for a decade

200m payroll, new stadium and all the resources in the world and he missed the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years

The non-challenge of the tipped ball against CLE was inexcusable.... that could have cost them the series

And he managed the bullpen as the manager with no rhyme or reason.

I seriously do not know any of my friends who are Yankees fans that are even remotely upset about this.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wish y’all had to endure Sosh for a decade and half.

But then again, you guys have Cashman and a non-inept owner.

Still, Halo fans wish we had Girardi. You guys sound like us, second-guessing all of his moves.

The only difference is is that Sosh is truly an idiot. Maybe Girardi got stale out there w 1 Championship in 17 years (the only thing is that Fat Boy has been with us that whole time).

But damn, that’s as bad as the Halos. Lol

We just hate Sosh.

All the GMs worth their salt are doing analytics, now, fyi

Analytics are passed down from GM to coach. Beane started this and it’s still the same. That’s why Dipoto didn’t work out with Fatorce, he wouldn’t listen to his metrics. And Arte loves him some Sosh and bought in. Then there was the Dipoto going behind Sosh’s back to the players, but I digress.

Eppler seems to be getting into lasagna’s thick, fat head. He also seems to have Arte on his side. A MIRACLE

Edit — I’d love to have Girardi on a clean, new slate. And Lasagna gone

Last edited:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That's the difference. We wouldn't have put up with Scoscia's inability to win a World Series long before.

As I said before, everybody thought the Yankees were crazy when we got rid of Showalter and there was supposedly no manager out there that could handle NY as well as he could and they were dead wrong.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That's the difference. We wouldn't have put up with Scoscia's inability to win a World Series long before.

As I said before, everybody thought the Yankees were crazy when we got rid of Showalter and there was supposedly no manager out there that could handle NY as well as he could and they were dead wrong.

YR
Oh, no doubt there, Rich.

Sosh would be skewered on a spit if he was a Yankee manager.

People talk about the "Dallas Cowboy Country Club atmosphere" (whether right or wrong) -- it truly exists in Anaheim.

Or did, before Jesus blessed us with Eppler

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

YR
You have to admit, YR, Girardi handled the NY media with aplomb.

I understand that 'Chips are the benchmark for the Yanks - of course - but Girardi was golden with the media. And that is no easy task.