News: ESPN: Jones: Cowboys won't lessen Elliott's workload

NewsBot

Reaction score
Jones: Cowboys won't lessen Elliott's workload

FRISCO, Texas -- Ezekiel Elliott should not expect a smaller workload in the final few weeks of the regular season.

"The more we give Ezekiel the ball, then I think the better," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday. "We're winning with that. We're wearing them down on defense."

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they shouldn't.. Young man is 21. Ride him til the wheels fall off..
Exactly. And I don't see that happening until his mid 30's.
No no, a thousand times no. Young players don't survive huge workloads better than older players: they tend to wear down more. And RBs with workloads like we're talking about do not last into their mid-30s unless they're named Emmitt Smith, and even he was nothing special after 30.

Keep him around 22 carries per game (no more), get in a position to rest him week 17 (and 16?), and he should be okay. But he's too valuable an asset to be cavalier with.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No no, a thousand times no. Young players don't survive huge workloads better than older players: they tend to wear down more. And RBs with workloads like we're talking about do not last into their mid-30s unless they're named Emmitt Smith, and even he was nothing special after 30.

Keep him around 22 carries per game (no more), get in a position to rest him week 17 (and 16?), and he should be okay. But he's too valuable an asset to be cavalier with.
You act like they haven't gone whole quarters with him not touching the ball once.. Nah, he's good. Ride him.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Ha! Not even a little bit.

Just saying if you had some of Jerry's coffee, there might be more than just coffee in there :p

If we are locked in on week 17, and he gets more than 1 carry, I'll be throwing stuff at my tv.

LittleD

Reaction score
As previously stated, RB's are short shelf life perishable commodities and the Cowboys
are going to run him into the ground for 5 years and then send him on his way while
drafting his replacement. Keep the OL freshly supplied with probowlers and any RB
can run for 1500 yards. That's the winning formula.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Just saying if you had some of Jerry's coffee, there might be more than just coffee in there :p

If we are locked in on week 17, and he gets more than 1 carry, I'll be throwing stuff at my tv.
Bet in that scenario he starts the game but rests most of it

WOULDNT WANT TO DISRUPT OUR PRECUOUS CHEMISTRYMOMENTUM

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But what about his safety?!

Can we possibly march and hold hands over this?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd give him no less than 25 carries a game the rest of his career. If he's playing hurt I'd give him at least 30.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hope it's a fuzz ball...

Temo

Reaction score
He's on pace for 354, which is fine. That's not overworked.