News: ESPN: Jones: Cowboys won't lessen Elliott's workload

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Guy is 21 do you think that 30 carries a game is going to cripple this guy? :laugh:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I would throw to him 5 times more a game and give someone else five more carries.

I would also learn Dunbar and darius Jackson the lucky whitehead offensive package. There's a lot of explosiveness in that especially if you want to get dak going on some cam newton type read options

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guy is 21 do you think that 30 carries a game is going to cripple this guy? :laugh:
I think there's a decent chance of that, yes. Why? Because that's what history tells me happens, especially to young players. They're the most vulnerable.

It may not affect him, but there's no way I'm taking any unnecessary chances with this guy. Not until his 5th season, anyway.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This shows Zeke isn't being overworked. He could go take a nap in the 2nd quarter, he's chilling so hard.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I would like to see McFadden get some carries down the stretch, he is more explosive than Morris.

Going from a guy as fast as Zeke to Morris just isn't working.
I agree something's missing. Maybe Morris is more the type who needs the whole game to get going. Plus I want a little thunder and lighting in my 1-2 and all 3 of our other backs have more explosiveness than Morris.

slick325

Reaction score
This shows Zeke isn't being overworked. He could go take a nap in the 2nd quarter, he's chilling so hard.

Thanks for posting that WG. Dallas may as well let their best player go into the locker room for Halftime. There has to be a better way of dispersing his carries.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The more we give Ezekiel the ball, then I think the better," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday. "We're winning with that. We're wearing them down on defense."
This makes my fantasy team very happy.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Question for you. Once the wheels fall off....then what? Especially if the wheels fall off in week 15?
And when he comes up limping from high ankle sprain or separated shoulder while playing a meaningless game with the Eagles, I wonder what the response will be?

Craig

Reaction score
If they ride him till the super bowl and then hes worthless next year...fine. If he runs out if gas and they get eliminated because hes ineffective then they failed.

Aside from the time when age catches up with him, this is probably the roughest year on him. Hes never run much more than this much and weve got a long way to go.

On the other hand...someone can confirm or deny this, but i have to imagine that the wear on a guy that frequently gets to the second level has to be less than the wear on a guy that runs into a nose tackle at the line of scrimmage.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas has absolutely nothing wrapped up as of yet, Zeke is a big part of this offense and until things are wrapped up he should continue to get the workload he is getting. All those talking about saving him? saving him for what? Nothing is etched in stone this race is still open and it would be beyond stupid to take this teams foot off the gas when there is so much to play for.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Jones: Cowboys won't lessen Elliott's workload

FRISCO, Texas -- Ezekiel Elliott should not expect a smaller workload in the final few weeks of the regular season.

"The more we give Ezekiel the ball, then I think the better," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday. "We're winning with that. We're wearing them down on defense."

Continue reading...
Jerry :facepalm:, Always selling. He'll be dealing on his dying day.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Unless it's an absolutely meaningless game 16, you don't mess with the formula.