ESPN looks crushed.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
dilfer said that this team will be distracted by this drama......didnt they just beat the world champs????

the big 88

Reaction score
All useless drama that the press tries to kick up... Hopefully todays game will shut them up

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Eskimo;2494285 said:
Dude, show a little respect and take that pic down for a week at least. He played his heart out after getting a 300 pounds of knee to the spine and didn't commit a turnover and even knocked the ball out of the endzone after being crushed by two DL who went unblocked when Gurode got the snap count wrong.

A little bit of respect should be shown, even if just for a day.
i know but i will take it down until he wins a playoff game. he needs to keep playing good.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
ESPN highlights of the game showcase the offensive struggles. They did not show any sacks by Ware or even mention he had 3 sacks. They basically make it look like we are going to lose.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
viman96;2494395 said:
ESPN highlights of the game showcase the offensive struggles. They did not show any sacks by Ware or even mention he had 3 sacks. They basically make it look like we are going to lose.
and people continue to claim they're not biased.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
viman96;2494395 said:

That was crazy. I felt like I was on an alternate universe... :rolleyes:

It was a cowboys lowlight reel, showed Romo getting beat up and Witten/Owens missed catches/overthrows/drops.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
I will be so glad that after Tuesday I will not have to watch ESPN for football news, the only time I will watch ESPN is for MNF. Tuesday I get my boxes to upgrade to Digital Cable and receive the NFL Network.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
cowboys#1;2494288 said:
dilfer said that this team will be distracted by this drama......didnt they just beat the world champs????

That's what I was talking to my friend about - they say there's no need for panic in New York, but the Giants have just gotten their butts absolutely handed to them two straight weeks in a row, once by a team that they will possibly see again in the playoffs - The Dallas Cowboys.

I think they should do some analysis on why the Giants are falling apart instead of trying to talk about a completely dead story.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
In all likelihood, y'all will eviscerate me for my following comments, but they need to be said.

These attacks against Werder are excessive, in my opinion.

Unquestionably, Werder should be criticized for the overzealous and exploitative manner with which he reports negative Cowboys news. Last week, I expressed my belief that Werder's story contained some level of truth; however, I simultaneously criticized him for omitting certain key facts that didn't fit the overarching narrative of Cowboy implosion he was creating. For instance, he never acknowledged that it was Garrett, not the receivers, who called the meeting.

However, I now think many of us are being overzealous in our criticism of Werder. In my opinion, there is some veracity to his story, and we should acknowledge it.

billyrags

Reaction score
First time I've ever seen crap like this! On the ESPN News scrolling stats lines... Owens 5 TARGETS, 3 Rec 38 Yds - Witten 9 TARGETS, 5 Rec, 44 Yds. Why???

I guess it is fitting, since TO is their biggest TARGET

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2494484 said:
That was crazy. I felt like I was on an alternate universe... :rolleyes:

It was a cowboys lowlight reel, showed Romo getting beat up and Witten/Owens missed catches/overthrows/drops.

Because you are.;)

zeromaster

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2494534 said:
In all likelihood, y'all will eviscerate me for my following comments, but they need to be said.

These attacks against Werder are excessive, in my opinion.

Unquestionably, Werder should be criticized for the overzealous and exploitative manner with which he reports negative Cowboys news. Last week, I expressed my belief that Werder's story contained some level of truth; however, I simultaneously criticized him for omitting certain key facts that didn't fit the overarching narrative of Cowboy implosion he was creating. For instance, he never acknowledged that it was Garrett, not the receivers, who called the meeting.

However, I now think many of us are being overzealous in our criticism of Werder. In my opinion, there is some veracity to his story, and we should acknowledge it.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

This is the media.

They live off other peoples' lives. It's only about ratings, not ethics. And you're defending him?

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

If it was you in the spotlight, you think they'd give you any kind of a break if you slipped?

Not a chance. This is what the fifth estate has become.

Werder is a public figure. It's about time he found himself on the business end of his own philosophy.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I watched like 5 or 6 minutes of that garbage, and had to turn it off.

You almost wouldnt even know we won the game with the way they were covering it. Really pathetic.

If the Steelers had got 8 sacks on Manning, thats all we'd have heard about for 24-48 hrs...they hardly mentioned us doing it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2494281 said:
How many positive stories are there about the Cowboys on BSP...err, I mean ESPN? Or at least, what's the percentage. I would say there may be 10% and even that's being generous.

BSP...err, I mean ESPN doesn't love the Cowboys. They love talking about them, particularly in a negative fashion, because it draws ratings, increases magazing subscriptions and generates Web site clicks.

I continue to find it strange that no other national media outlets get these sources and scoops, but wonderboy Mr. Blue Suit does. Face it, he's the real life sports media version of Templeton from 'The Wire.' Either that or he's the greatest sports reporter to have ever lived. And of course, like most liars he can't even get his lies straight.

BSP...err, I mean ESPN loves the Pats, they love the Red Sox, and its apparent that they love the G-Men as well. But when it comes to 'reporting' news on the Cowboys, the overwhelming majority of the time it's at the team's expense.

YAKUZA

This is my third time trying to type this (got booted off twice) so I'll keep it brief.

ESPN and other media were all riding the Cowboys as the best team in the NFL after the 3-0 start. It was all positive news. Many were commending T.O. for being more mature.

Then they hit their skid. Then the bad news started.

It's not always bad news. But fans are going to be more sensitive to the bad news and magnify it more.

When the Cowboys do good on the field = good news coverage.
When they do bad on the field (and off) = bad news coverage.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
zeromaster;2494598 said:
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

This is the media.

They live off other peoples' lives. It's only about ratings, not ethics. And you're defending him?

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

If it was you in the spotlight, you think they'd give you any kind of a break if you slipped?

Not a chance. This is what the fifth estate has become.

Werder is a public figure. It's about time he found himself on the business end of his own philosophy.

You are absolutely correct, and if what TO said is true, his animosity towards Werder is understandable.

However, I wish we would let TO fight his own battles rather than going into pile on mode.:eek::

JPM

Reaction score
billyrags;2494539 said:
First time I've ever seen crap like this! On the ESPN News scrolling stats lines... Owens 5 TARGETS, 3 Rec 38 Yds - Witten 9 TARGETS, 5 Rec, 44 Yds. Why???

I guess it is fitting, since TO is their biggest TARGET
First time I've ever seen that stat.

Rudy

Reaction score
casmith07;2493771 said:
"If you're a Giants fan I wouldn't panic, there's reason for concern."

Game 1 @ Meadowlands, 35-14 NYG Win.

Game 2, Giants don't sniff the end zone.

Full on panic mode in East Rutherford, if I were a Giants fan. They ran roughshod through a weak schedule and now it's crunch time and they're worn out.

It's a little harder for Eli to put points on the board when the Giants aren't starting their drives in Cowboy territory! Not having Jacobs helped us too.

Eskimo

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2494322 said:
i know but i will take it down until he wins a playoff game. he needs to keep playing good.

How about just one day in honour of playing his guts out?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
DallasFanSince86;2494518 said:
I will be so glad that after Tuesday I will not have to watch ESPN for football news, the only time I will watch ESPN is for MNF. Tuesday I get my boxes to upgrade to Digital Cable and receive the NFL Network.

For the last three or four years at least, I watch ESPN only when the Cowboys play on Monday nights.