ESPN looks crushed.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2496432 said:
Actually, your entire post was irrelevant since it was an assumption made about the media using a personal comment made by me.
I just thought to indulge you.

What standards are you talking about? :confused: Go back and read your comments. You talked about me complaining about a poster taking my statement out of context and applied that broadly to the media. That's a strange transition. But since you went there, please show me someone in the media who, as a media professional, complains about people taking their work out of context? :confused:

Sorry, but your point really doesn't make any sense.

Second, I know this may come as a shock to you, but all media stories contain bias. That's because each individual story should be crafted with respect to an angle. When one pursues and angle, that limits the amount of information you're going to get in a story to facts/opinions that support that story.

Moreover, the media (whether print or television) have limited space to tell a story. So, of course, you're not going to get all there is to know about a story. That's why any good editor will as a reporter "What's your angle on the story?"

You probably should limit your comments to matters you have a bit more knowledge of. It's pretty clear you have little understanding of journalism, outside of the opinions of ill-informed posters such as yourself.

P.S. I like how you know what the average Joe thinks about standards. Of course, by implications, you're saying that the average Joe's standards are less than that of the media's. And if that's the case, I should just discount a majority of the opinions here offered by "average Joes." :lmao2:

What was Werder's "angle"? Was it to report the truth? Was it to up ratings? Was it to help his career? What was it, tyke? Inform everyone just what the hell was he trying to convey with his so called "angle"?

Inquiring minds want to know? Because right now, his "angle" is a little bent out of shape!

:rolleyes:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
5Stars;2496440 said:
What was Werder's "angle"? Was it to report the truth? Was it to up ratings? Was it to help his career? What was it, tyke? Inform everyone just what the hell was he trying to convey with his so called "angle"?

Inquiring minds want to know? Because right now, his "angle" is a little bent out of shape!

tyke's a hypocrite. Just like Ed Werder. Anonymous sources shouldn't be trusted, and Ed Werder just showed everyone why.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2496490 said:
tyke's a hypocrite. Just like Ed Werder. Anonymous sources shouldn't be trusted, and Ed Werder just showed everyone why.

Or...If one's anonymous sources provide rumor or hearsay, perhaps it should be treated as such.

...and maybe not made into the biggest story of the week. He blew up a rumor...and then it blew up in his face. He reaped what he sowed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2496490 said:

Ah, judging someone from behind a computer. :laugh2:

You gotta love the Internet. Guys can't debate an issue on its merits. So they resort to judging you personally from their computers, anonymously no less. ;)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496527 said:

You gotta love the Internet. Guys can't debate an issue on its merits. So they resort to judging you personally from their computers, anonymously no less. ;)

You gotta love the Internet. Guys can't debate an issue on its merits. So they resort to judging you personally from their computers, anonymously no less.

What the hell are you doing on a computer on the internet then?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
5Stars;2496440 said:

Just one smiley?

You're slipping, 5Stars. I thought I was at least worth two :laugh1: for every post.

But back to your question. The "angle" was that T.O. was upset with his role on the team, and he expressed that by complaining about Witten's relationship with Romo.

That was the unreported fact in this story. And contrary to denials, it is pretty clear that that was the case because it was hinted at in various interviews.

Now, don't let me have to come over your house and read you a bed time story too. You oughta be able to figure that out on your own. ;) :laugh1:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tyke1doe;2496545 said:
Just one smiley?

You're slipping, 5Stars. I thought I was at least worth two :laugh1: for every post.

But back to your question. The "angle" was that T.O. was upset with his role on the team, and he expressed that by complaining about Witten's relationship with Romo.

That was the unreported fact in this story. And contrary to denials, it is pretty clear that that was the case because it was hinted at in various interviews.

Now, don't let me have to come over your house and read you a bed time story too. You oughta be able to figure that out on your own. ;) :laugh1:

Wow, what an angle! T.O., the only reciever in the NFL wanting the ball? Man, that is a HUGE angle...now that is what I call "reporting" the facts! What about the so called fight? What about the so called rumor that Romo and Witten drawing up their own plays? What about all that? Angle, is it?

Cat In The Hat is good!

:confused:

:confused:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496545 said:
Just one smiley?

Don't bother. The shills are insufferable and impervious to reason. Sultan would gouge his eyes out before he criticized the team, so that's the kind of mentality you're dealing with. He is, however, very interested in others who dare criticize the team. Pretty sad way to go through life, but it works for him.

BTW, Todd Archer of the DMN is so respected around here that the mods made arrangements for him to take questions from Zone members. Archer, not Werder, confirmed the TO-Witten feud just a few days ago, reporting that TO told Jason not to talk to him. Why would TO do that if things were fine and dandy? They're not, that's why. But don't tell that to the shills, who get all their news from #81. If TO says it's a lie, that's good enough for them. Seriously.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2496608 said:
Don't bother. The shills are insufferable and impervious to reason. Sultan would gouge his eyes out before he criticized the team, so that's the kind of mentality you're dealing with. He is, however, very interested in others who dare criticize the team. Pretty sad way to go through life, but it works for him.

BTW, Todd Archer of the DMN is so respected around here that the mods made arrangements for him to take questions from Zone members. Archer, not Werder, confirmed the TO-Witten feud just a few days ago, reporting that TO told Jason not to talk to him. Why would TO do that if things were fine and dandy? They're not, that's why. But don't tell that to the shills, who get all their news from #81. If TO says it's a lie, that's good enough for them. Seriously.

You're my hero.

BTW, you've just provided a great example of why Werder deserves all of the criticism he's received in the last week.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bbgun;2496608 said:

:laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh2:

I swear to the man above that I just knew it was only time until you came to his rescue!

Good job, bro! Like a book...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2496617 said:
You're my hero..

Lord knows I try.

BTW, you've just provided a great example of why Werder deserves all of the criticism he's received in the last week

We're in "case closed" territory now. A "win" doesn't make Werder wrong, and it doesn't make TO any less than a turd.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
tomson75;2496617 said:
You're my hero.

BTW, you've just provided a great example of why Werder deserves all of the criticism he's received in the last week.

Didn't you know that it's possible that T.O. and Witten are the first two players in the history of the NFL to have a disagreement! I mean come on!

That HAS to be reported...it's BIG news, man! It's an "angle" for us shills...!!

Get with the program!

Givincer

Reaction score
Since this argument is going basically no where but personal, I'll respond to your attacks, put them in perspective, and leave it at that.

tyke1doe post 78 said:
But I'll give you credit for sneaking in a "I'm a college student" into the conversation.

:laugh2: at how you act like I had absolutely no reason to inject that I study models as a college student. Let's put this in perspective, shall we...

Attack:
tyke1doe post 71 said:
"Pathetic little model."

LOL!

I see another posters has gotten hold of a few words he obtained in another Internet argument and feels the need to insult and vent behind his computer.

Vent on.

Defense:
Givincer post 74 said:
I study actual models, as a college student.

Feels the need to vent and insult? I disagreed with a point you had, and pointed out a reason as to why it was silly. Get a grip. Please.

Attack:
tyke1doe post 75 said:
Methinks you'd better hit the books a bit more because whatever models you've studied in college haven't prepared you to address issues with multifaceted angles to them.

Defense:
Givincer post 76 said:
I know, economic models aren't multifaceted at all. I ought to study some "journalism" so I can address some real complex issues with multifaceted angles to them.

tyke1doe post 78 said:
Yeah, because we're talking about economic models here?

Perhaps not quite as ridiculous as you'd like to make it seem.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbgun;2496630 said:
Lord knows I try.

We're in "case closed" territory now. A "win" doesn't make Werder wrong, and it doesn't make TO any less than a turd.

You're right. The 'win' didn't make Werder wrong. Case closed.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2496633 said:
Didn't you know that it's possible that T.O. and Witten are the first two players in the history of the NFL to have a disagreement! I mean come on!

No one will ever accuse you of softsoaping a controversy or polishing a turd.

So they were fighting? Thanks for vicndicating Werder's reporting.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Givincer;2496634 said:
Since this argument is going basically no where but personal, I'll respond to your attacks, put them in perspective, and leave it at that.

:laugh2: at how you act like I had absolutely no reason to inject that I study models as a college student. Let's put this in perspective, shall we...

Attack:

Defense:

Attack:

Defense:

Perhaps not quite as ridiculous as you'd like to make it seem.

Wait, wait, wait They have schools that study female models?
Why in the world was I not told this, I wanna go.:mad:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
bbgun;2496647 said:
No one will ever accuse you of softsoaping a controversy or polishing a turd.

So they were fighting? Thanks for vicndicating Werder's reporting.

Did I say "fighting"? I said disagreement...there is a difference.

And I'm not going to polish you, so forget about that!

:laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2496545 said:
Just one smiley?

Ok it's a fact that TO wants to get the ball every time Romo sets up to pass. We all know that. But there was no drama associated with any of this except what Werder started up. That's all on him and every other media outlet that jumped on the "story". If you can't see that Werder manufactured all this all on his own then you're just not ever going to see it. That's ok.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
You folks are completely wasting your time w/ Tyke. The guy really is some media writer. Nobody knows exactly what he writes. He could be Dear Ann for all we know. The fact is that he is a journalist and feels the need to set everyone and I mean EVERYONE straight who happens to disagree w/ the media coverage of the Dallas Cowboys.

We are completely wrong and BSPN is God. I think that about covers it, right Tyke?

Thanks Tyke for setting the record straight. Now us internet guys and computer guys wish for you to LEAVE the internet for good, least you be BUNCHED into some awful caste system like ourselves.

Its really bad down here bro.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas;2496744 said:
You folks are completely wasting your time w/ Tyke. The guy really is some media writer. Nobody knows exactly what he writes. He could be Dear Ann for all we know. The fact is that he is a journalist and feels the need to set everyone and I mean EVERYONE straight who happens to disagree w/ the media coverage of the Dallas Cowboys.

We are completely wrong and BSPN is God. I think that about covers it, right Tyke?

Thanks Tyke for setting the record straight. Now us internet guys and computer guys wish for you to LEAVE the internet for good, least you be BUNCHED into some awful caste system like ourselves.

Its really bad down here bro.

Come on now...

Tyke and bbgun are cool guys, just a little on the left. Like Deion said, "there's a little bit of truth in every lie". How profound is that!!

:eek: