ESPN Mosley: Romo at his best in the fourth quarter

btcutter

Reaction score
41gy#;2463103 said:
The Cowboys defense has held the lead in two must win games.

Tampa Bay 13-9

How many chances did TB have at the end of the game?

@ Washington 14-10

The offense blew two chances to score with turn overs. The fact that they were not run all the way down the field saved Dallas.

Yes, they did that in those two tight games but you can't tell me that you weren't worried when TB converted 2 fourth down before the last stop. I know I was sitting (hell I was standing in front of the TV the whole time)...worried sick that TB was going to score and win the game.

Until our D continue to stop allowing other teams to convert 3rd and longs and make crucial stops it will remain our achilles heel (ok...our special team has issues too).

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2462934 said:
We've been outscored 73-62 in the first quarter.

It was 41-7 against us in three games with Brad Johnson. With Romo, we've outscored our opponents 55-32 in the first quarter.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I like your stats a whole lot better.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2463064 said:
I agree this is on the defense, a championship caliber defense will step up and accept the challenge of playing the top ranked unit with a little show of their own. I'm optimistic about this team the effort has returned they just haven't put it all together yet, hopefully we see the best effort of the year Sunday.....

I'm bothered by the lack of continuity of the DBs. IDK. Maybe all the back and forth has added something to the whole.

I do like the way they have used the DBs on passing downs.

Hopefully we see some more pressure in the cover 2.