ESPN Mosley: T.O. with and without Romo

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442092 said:
Last week Seattle played Washington tough in a 17 to 20 loss, the week before they played the Cards tough losing 20-26. Yes both of these were loses but they were close games and the Cowboys can't afford to take them lightly. If you look at this game from the seahawks point of view what do you do to try and stop Dallas? in my mind I think they will focus on shutting down Owens

Exactly!! (wow we agreed twice in one day) lol

But seriously... they are STILL an NFL team. Like you said(and what I was thinking) they took Wash and Zona down to the wire.

We need to put the pedal to the metal for ONCE this season... right outta da' gate!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2442103 said:
Exactly!! (wow we agreed twice in one day) lol

But seriously... they are STILL an NFL team. Like you said(and what I was thinking) they took Wash and Zona down to the wire.

We need to put the pedal to the metal for ONCE this season... right outta da' gate!!!

Yes they are and they have their QB back on the field in Hasselbeck, granted last 2 games he has not played great throwing 3 TD and 5 ints. Dallas has to keep it that way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
windward;2441427 said:
Anyone get the idea that some writers are upset at the fact that their "demise of TO" stories will have to wait a bit longer?

It would certainly seem that a few of them are butt hurt over the fact that they opened their mouths too quickly and were proven to be fools.

theogt;2441432 said:
And they think assigning one of the highest paid corners to him is just letting him roam freely. They act like he was just given those 200 yards.

Well that's what idiots do. They just run off at the mouth because they don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

41gy#;2441896 said:
Some in the media act like T.O. never gets off the jam. I've seen him get off jams lately. He was open plenty of times when Romo was out, but the backups couldn't get him the football. He caught a TD on Webster at the Meadowlands.

By the way, the Packers "gave the blueprint", not the Commanders.

Also, on T.O.'s 75 yard TD, he was covered when the ball was in the air. Romo threw the ball out there and allowed him to use his speed to uncover. Plus, T.O. kind of jammed himself when he ran into Clements. It didn't stop him.

Finally, it is funny how the safety over the top is never mentioned when they talk about T.O. "not getting off the jam".

Because mentioning the safety top over the help doesn't help their agenda. Everyone who wants to try and say TO can't get it done anymore wants to say it's cause you can press him on the line with one on one coverage and take him out. They don't want to mention that the only way you can press him at the line like that is with over the top safety help because that would defeat their beautiful idea that he's slowing down.

Go back and watch the Packers. They didn't even let Woodson press him at the line without safety help over the top 90% of the time. They didn't and no one else will either. If you simply press coverage him, with one on one, I assure these fools that TO will no only beat the press coverage but he'll beat it badly to the tune of another 200+ yard day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2442125 said:
It would certainly seem that a few of them are butt hurt over the fact that they opened their mouths too quickly and were proven to be fools.

Well that's what idiots do. They just run off at the mouth because they don't actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Because mentioning the safety top over the help doesn't help their agenda. Everyone who wants to try and say TO can't get it done anymore wants to say it's cause you can press him on the line with one on one coverage and take him out. They don't want to mention that the only way you can press him at the line like that is with over the top safety help because that would defeat their beautiful idea that he's slowing down.

Go back and watch the Packers. They didn't even let Woodson press him at the line without safety help over the top 90% of the time. They didn't and no one else will either. If you simply press coverage him, with one on one, I assure these fools that TO will no only beat the press coverage but he'll beat it badly to the tune of another 200+ yard day.

I agree. The press coverage is not the issue it is the fact once he gets off the press he now faces the double coverage underneath and over the top. TO is plenty strong to beat a press coverage any day of the week and in a one on one TO is going to win that battle. 9ers screwed up in how they defended him playing in straight man coverage’s and zone coverage’s.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2441425 said:
the one thing we don't have to worry about is Seattle's pass defence, it is pretty bad. There offence is just as bad.

HMMMM that's a recurring theme now isn't it... I wonder if there are any loan officers in their backfield this season?;)