ESPN Mosley: The latest on the Pro Bowl voting... 13 'boys mentioned

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2481539 said:
Probably but he hasn't played up to his usual standard but that's not all his fault. The injuries and Brad Johnson have limited him.

It's more than "probably," because he and Cooley are the only two NFC tight ends who are even close to deserving. I'm guessing they'll get every single vote from the players and coaches (other than their own teams, who can't vote for them), as they should.

And Witten leads NFC tight ends in yards, first downs and big catches (20 yards or more). He's second in catches, three behind Cooley (only because Cooley catches so many screens behind the line of scrimmage). Before Romo's injury, Witten was on pace to set the single-season records for catches and yards by a tight end.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Ware, Witten, and maybe Leonard Davis are the only ones that deserve to go

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think Bradie has a shot. Ware, Ratliff, Folk, and Witten deserve to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in there. Romo has a shot if he beats the Giants and Phillies and puts up some numbers.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Suisham is my favorite on that list. The guy can't even get the ball to the goalpost on a 45 yard kick. :lmao2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
TheCount;2481433 said:
Say what?

How would you even know that, the Giants haven't been without him. You have, however, seen the Cowboys without Romo.
Eli is only like the 5th most important guy on that offense. I will never understand the love that he gets.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2482233 said:
I think Bradie has a shot. Ware, Ratliff, Folk, and Witten deserve to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in there. Romo has a shot if he beats the Giants and Phillies and puts up some numbers.

I forgot about him, Folk too

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jobberone;2482233 said:
Romo has a shot if he beats the Giants and Phillies and puts up some numbers.

The players and coaches vote today or tomorrow, so those games won't have any effect on the Pro Bowl.

The teams will be announced Tuesday.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2481533 said:
Ware is the only one that really deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.

huh?

Witten definitely deserves the probowl, Ratliff and James probably do too.

Strong arguments can be made for Gurode and Davis.

And there is no better placekicker than Folk.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2482568 said:
The players and coaches vote today or tomorrow, so those games won't have any effect on the Pro Bowl.

The teams will be announced Tuesday.

Oh crap. Well Romo could still go but I doubt it.