ESPN Mosley: Who is the Cowboys' third receiver?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Crayton doesn't have the upside Austin does. He's likely not going anywhere but it wouldn't upset me to trade him for a pick. It wouldn't upset me to have him as a #4-5 WR either.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I still want Crayton on this team. The contract is done w/ him and he is an excellent replacement if someone gets hurt.

CoCo

Reaction score
I think its safe to say we will NOT be picking a WR in next years draft.

TO, Roy, Austin & Crayton looks just fine.

I think Hurd is a FA and probably gone knowing he won't get much immediate opportunity here.

Stanback, if he makes the grade could have another year to develop.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It is very nice to see Austin developing into a player.

It is difficult to see some of these things coming, isn't it?

This past off season a lot of folks believed that Austin would be the odd man out ... that he wouldn't even make the team. If memory serves, some were comparing Austin to Randal Williams.

Anyway, it nice to see Austin showing signs of becoming more than just another reserve WR.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Come on guys, no one calls a prettier fair catch than Crayton........he's going no where.

slotshot

Reaction score
I absolutely love that we are having this conversation. Although I might be in the minority, I really don't think we need a WR at all in the '09 draft. Load the heck up on OL Jerruh!

Ren

Reaction score
I was all for Crayton as #3 but having seen what both Crayton and Austin has done lately i'm leaning towards Austin

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xWraithx;2428296 said:
4 million over 14 years? wow, that's one hell of a deal for us

Oops. Wait, that's not right? Suddenly I see what all the butt-hurt Crayton-whining has been about.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2428363 said:
Oops. Wait, that's not right? Suddenly I see what all the butt-hurt Crayton-whining has been about.

I guess I'm just confused as to why we'd sign a player to a 14 year contract ;)

Nexx

Reaction score
Hostile;2428183 said:
He's a great #3 WR option. Love the guy's hands.

average 3rd WR because he isnt quick enough in the slot to get open.

BHendri5

Reaction score
well, we will not get mr. Crabtree, sure wanted that guy. But might we get Dez Bryant?

Trust me there is and will be some WRs in thie upcoming draft that will end up being good, and as alwyas there will be one from the later rounds that will surpass all of the WRs picked before him, that WR I predict we will have on our roster.

I do not see Hurd making the roster again(well he is such a good special teams guy, I will sit the fence on that prediction) but Stanback may be another Jimmy Smith, He is always hurting that shoulder, Amendola, i believe will see the writing on the wall and he will end up doing good things for the Texans, or he could be just fools gold. Crayton yes, I can envision him in Miami next season.

So that leaves, Owens, Roy, Austin a draft pick, and possibly Amendola, hurd Crayton, or Stanback.

There will be a Draft pick making this team next season, the real question is who will be the odd man/men out.

Owens, Roy, Austin,

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
BHendri5;2428840 said:
well, we will not get mr. Crabtree, sure wanted that guy. But might we get Dez Bryant?

Trust me there is and will be some WRs in thie upcoming draft that will end up being good, and as alwyas there will be one from the later rounds that will surpass all of the WRs picked before him, that WR I predict we will have on our roster.

I do not see Hurd making the roster again(well he is such a good special teams guy, I will sit the fence on that prediction) but Stanback may be another Jimmy Smith, He is always hurting that shoulder, Amendola, i believe will see the writing on the wall and he will end up doing good things for the Texans, or he could be just fools gold. Crayton yes, I can envision him in Miami next season.

So that leaves, Owens, Roy, Austin a draft pick, and possibly Amendola, hurd Crayton, or Stanback.

There will be a Draft pick making this team next season, the real question is who will be the odd man/men out.

Owens, Roy, Austin,
Doubtful. A good ST player like Hurd is more likely to make the team than a 5th rounder.

Crayton is fairly cheap and dependable. He's probably not going anywhere either.

If anybody is gone it would likely be Stanback. He's the only WR who has shown nothing, other than a propensity to get injured.