ESPN - Numbers never lie, Tony Romo

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Maybe...but your "Quest For Six" could take a long long time after Tony's gone. Just sayin.

BTW - I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I never thought Romo from day one would take Dallas to a Superbowl, Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good Quarterback but too much of a back yard sandlot quarterback for me for an NFL structured offense.....has a lot of empty numbers, if you find yourself down by 14- 20 points as Dallas often does, you have to throw a lot to try to get back in it, but you're often down by two scores because of your quarterback mistakes......if you had a top five defense, Dallas is nowhere close to that, now anytime soon and a very good solid commitment to a running game, then he could help a team to the Superbowl if you limit his mistakes but if you're putting it all on his shoulders, he has too many flaws in his game to lead you to a Superbowl...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is way better than Romo. I think Romo is the 5th best QB in the league, but there's more distance between Rodgers and Romo than Romo and Gabbert.

I love Rodgers' game but that statement is just silly.
I never thought Romo from day one would take Dallas to a Superbowl, Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good Quarterback but too much of a back yard sandlot quarterback for me for an NFL structured offense.....has a lot of empty numbers, if you find yourself down by 14- 20 points as Dallas often does, you have to throw a lot to try to get back in it, but you're often down by two scores because of your quarterback mistakes......if you had a top five defense, Dallas is nowhere close to that, now anytime soon and a very good solid commitment to a running game, then he could help a team to the Superbowl if you limit his mistakes but if you're putting it all on his shoulders, he has too many flaws in his game to lead you to a Superbowl...

Dallas is not "often" down by 14-20 points.