ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Interesting. Josh Allen is a "difference maker" but Dak isn't?

I can count 3 games the Bills lost that are directly on Josh Allen. Can you count 3 that Dak has lost this year?

And in no way am I saying I take Dak over Allen. I am using it as an example. That your entire argument is flawed.
So, the 2 games we've lost with Dak this year you're saying that he played no part in those loses?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Read the first few explanations of contracts for Rodgers, Wilson, Carr, Murray, and Stafford, including earliest outs and dead money. Love Dak or hate him, love Jerry or hate him, I think you’ll appreciate just how good Dak’s contract is compared to other QBs. Most of those teams have no options at all and are stuck with QBs, no matter how bad things get. The Cowboys are likely to extend Dak soon because they believe in him, but his contract is very team friendly and has a really easy out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...ack-contract-details-need-know-2023-offseason

Unrelated side-note, I was surprised by former QB Tim Hasselbeck’s list of NFC QB’s he trusts most to win an NFC playoff game. He had Dak at number 2.
Shocked that he is listed as # 2 given his playoff history.
Very strange indeed!

Nexx

Reaction score
Dakazoids... please stand down when it comes to his contract. You know and we all know that its an albatross of a contract compared to what his talent calls for. Yes we get it... blah blah blah its the market. That doesn't make any less horrific.

phildadon86

Reaction score

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He has a small part. According to how you are posting. That is the definition of diminishing what he is doing. The second half of the Giants game. Who stepped up? I can name 5 players and one of them is Dak. Unless Lamb is throwing the ball to himself.
Why did Dak have to step up in the 2nd half of that Giants game?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dakazoids... please stand down when it comes to his contract. You know and we all know that its an albatross of a contract compared to what his talent calls for. Yes we get it... blah blah blah its the market. That doesn't make any less horrific.

Then stop talking about it.

Pay him to drive the bus or crap-shoot it in the draft.

31 other GM's pay him.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So, the 2 games we've lost with Dak this year you're saying that he played no part in those loses?
No at all. He didnt fumble the ball at the 1 yard line nor did he throw the ball into the dirt with no one around him (Allen/Miami) on fourth down. I am just saying you can do this for any quarterback in the league. Dak had his part in the GB debacle for sure. However he did have a freaking 14 point lead going into the fourth quarter. lol. And Tampa. My God he was AWFUL in that game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I will never be able to appreciate Dak's contract because I do not believe his skills and talent are worth it.

The less he does the better we are and he can't consistently commit to that play style.
I disagree. The more he does makes our running game better which makes our defense better.