ESPN: Police say Lucky Whitehead was misidentified *has team source quotes*

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Police say Lucky Whitehead was misidentified; arrested man gave false information

The Prince William County Police Department also said it "regrets the impact these events had on Mr. Whitehead and his family."

A Cowboys source on Tuesday indicated to ESPN's Josina Anderson that the team was not planning to rescind Whitehead's release.

"We've moved on," the source told ESPN.

The source said the Cowboys are not concerned that Whitehead will file a grievance, as their move was "dealing with ability."

"Just time to improve the roster from an ability and team culture standpoint," the source said.

Asked if the Cowboys could rescind the waiver request on Whitehead, Rich said, "I don't know that would be a healthy place for anybody right now."

Because the Cowboys' release came after the close of the NFL's business day, Whitehead would not appear on the waiver wire until Tuesday, making him eligible to be claimed by another team by Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ice-confirm-lucky-whitehead-was-misidentified

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think many fans are so wrapped up in other angles such as sending a message, etc. to understand that barring injury, Whitehead's chance of making the roster this year were slim at best. They already didn't trust him to return punts inside the 20 and as a wide receiver, he was good at running wheel routes.

That's not to say he was a bad player, because he is not, but the team already has his potential replacement on the roster and the writing was on the wall prior to this non-event.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
i hate imposters and fraudulent information givers

It happened to me recently. The authorities questioned me for an assault on bumblebee. I told them you got the wrong guy. That was Optimus prime. I'm Locimus Prime. Had to clear my name up.

T7nL6BY.jpg

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's funny really but if that had been Belichick or Parcells, people would be saying, "Old coach masterful at managing the media"
Belichick really is a Jedi at handling the media, Reality. And weird enough, not far off from the way JG handles them. Belichick just wins (not a dig a JG, is what it is).

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick really is a Jedi at handling the media, Reality. And weird enough, not far off from the way JG handles them. Belichick just wins (not a dig a JG, is what it is).
Oh I don't compare Garrett to Belichick at all with regards to success. There's no question who is the better coach, but if one of those two coaches did what they did, people would be pointing out how masterful they are at handling the media.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Oh I don't compare Garrett to Belichick at all with regards to success. There's no question who is the better coach, but if one of those two coaches did what they did, people would be pointing out how masterful they are at handling the media.
No, Reality, without a doubt, I was just using your post to draw parallels :)