ESPN Power Rankings

morasp

Reaction score
Any predictions on ESPN's power rankings. We were ranked 19 with 10 teams ranked ahead of us losing in week one.

3 Eagles
4 Vikings
7 Chargers
9 Jets
10 Panthers
11 Broncos
12 Rams
15 Seahawks
17 Packers
19 Cowboys

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We beat the number 7 ranked team on the road and were still 12 places lower than they.

BCS eat your heart out.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
We beat the number 7 ranked team on the road and were still 12 places lower than they.

BCS eat your heart out.

I think those are pre-week 1 rankings. Post-week 1 rankings are not out yet.

btcutter

Reaction score
ESPN ranking doesn't count......so who cares. All I know is 1-0

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
ESPN the last place I would listen to the cowboys can go 16-0 and still be ranked around 19

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
2005 Power Rankings: Week 2
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (1) Patriots 1-0-0
That Patriots defensive line is just scary. And what makes it even scarier is that all four of their starters are 26 or under.
2 (2) Colts 1-0-0
Is the defense really that much better or is Baltimore's offense just that bad? Probably a little bit of both.
3 (5) Steelers 1-0-0
Willie Parker, say hello to fantasy football players all over the world.
4 (6) Falcons 1-0-0
It's just one week, but any jump the Falcons can get on the Eagles in the NFC is huge.
5 (3) Eagles 0-1-0
The Eagles obviously missed Jeremiah Trotter, but this loss was more about the offense than missing Trotter.
6 (13) Chiefs 1-0-0
If they both stay healthy, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson are both going to run for over 1,000 yards.
7 (16) Jaguars 1-0-0
Think the Jaguars are happy they didn't release Jimmy Smith this offseason?
8 (19) Cowboys 1-0-0
It's just one week, but Cowboys fans (and Bill Parcells) have to be pretty excited about the start of the Drew Bledsoe era.
9 (14) Bills 1-0-0
Bills need to score in the red zone, but that said, the folks in Buffalo have to be pretty happy about the balance the offense displayed in Week 1's win.
10 (20) Saints 1-0-0
The Saints might have replaced the Cowboys as America's Team.
11 (7) Chargers 0-1-0
Think the Chargers could have used Antonio Gates at the end of their loss to the Cowboys? First-and-goal from the seven and they couldn't find a way to get it in the end zone.
12 (18) Bengals 1-0-0
The big three in Cincinnati -- Carson Palmer (280 yards), Rudi Johnson (126 yards), and Chad Johnson (9 catches) -- got the season off to a good start.
13 (4) Vikings 0-1-0
So, that whole they'll be better without Randy Moss thing didn't get off to a great start, huh?
14 (10) Panthers 0-1-0
With one loss under their belts, the Patriots coming into town, and Kris Jenkins done for the season again, it's looking a lot like the beginning of last season for the Panthers.
15 (8) Ravens 0-1-0
The defense did their job against Peyton Manning, but the offense just couldn't get anything going. That might be a familiar issue in Baltimore this year.
16 (24) Lions 1-0-0
He didn't light the world on fire, but getting a win in Week 1 was what was really important for Joey Harrington.
17 (25) Giants 1-0-0
There was a lot of buzz around Brandon Jacobs in the preseason and based on Week 1, he looks worthy of it.
18 (9) Jets 0-1-0
Wow. We're not surprised the Jets lost to the Chiefs (KC is a tough place to open). But to lose the way they did? Couldn't have been a very happy flight back to New York.
19 (28) Buccaneers 1-0-0
Cadillac Williams certainly lived up to his nickname in his first NFL game.
20 (11) Broncos 0-1-0
A 34-10 Week 1 loss to the Dolphins couldn't have been part of Mike Shanahan's master plan for the 2005 season.
21 (12) Rams 0-1-0
The road is not friendly to the Rams and guess what? They're travel to Arizona on Sunday, where it figures to be somewhere north of 100 degrees.
22 (15) Seahawks 0-1-0
Matt Hasslebeck has had plenty of ups and downs in his career and Week 1 in Jacksonville was one of the downs.
23 (30) Dolphins 1-0-0
Nick Saban said after the Dolphins' opener that the win wasn't about him. Uh, we're not so sure about that Nick.
24 (23) Raiders 0-1-0
The Randy Ratio didn't work for Daunte Culpepper, so it would be in Kerry Collins' best interest to look for some other targets.
25 (17) Packers 0-1-0
Add Javon Walker's injury to Sunday's three-point outing and there are some pretty nervous folks up in Green Bay right now.
26 (26) Commanders 1-0-0
Didn't take long for the quarterback shuffle to start in Washington.
27 (21) Cardinals 0-1-0
It was just one week, but that sure didn't look like the team everyone was picking as a surprise division winner.
28 (32) 49ers 1-0-0
We're betting the 49ers' win over the Rams put a quick end to a lot of people's chances to win their elimination pools.
29 (22) Texans 0-1-0
When your No. 1 WR catches three passes for 18 yards, your No. 1 RB rushes for 48 yards and your QB only throws for 70 yards, it's going to be a very long day.
30 (27) Titans 0-1-0
It's certainly not unexpected, but it looks like 2005 could be a really long year in Tennessee.
31 (29) Bears 0-1-0
That might not be the last 9-6 game the Bears play this season.
32 (32) Browns 0-1-0
If Trent Dilfer is throwing the ball 43 times in a game, that's usually not a good thing.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Someone called Dan Patrick yesterday and asked how he thought the Cowboys would do. He said 8-8. Seems crazy after we racked up a win with one of our toughest games.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
ESPN doesn't know crap...they're all cowboys haters anyway...IMO we ought to be somewhere between 10-15

morasp

Reaction score
Didn't take long for the QB shuffle to start in Washington.

That's funny.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bungarian said:
10 (20) Saints 1-0-0
The Saints might have replaced the Cowboys as America's Team.
:jerk:

I think someone needs to add one with the ESPN logo being bashed

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
k19 said:
The Eagles (5) are the only team in the top 10 with a loss :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?week=2&season=2005

I still think they are that good. I mean, if it's not for the absence of Trotter, and anyone who saw the entire game will agree, Dunn doesnt carve up Philly half as bad. McNabb never looked the same after he got hit early. I'm tellin you, Philly may not win the SB, but they are still top 10 team in the NFL. Their biggest problem was McNabb, and for Eagles fans, that's a good thing. He had a bad game. He will rebound. But it's good to see them with a loss already

ghst187

Reaction score
I prefer to be underestimated.....and its okay to be in the NFL because everyone gets to play it off at the end of the year unlike this cockamamie college BullCrapSystem (BCS).
I don't think we could compete with the Pats or Colts yet but maybe by the end of the season...