ESPN Power Rankings

ravidubey

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I still think they are that good. I mean, if it's not for the absence of Trotter, and anyone who saw the entire game will agree, Dunn doesnt carve up Philly half as bad. McNabb never looked the same after he got hit early. I'm tellin you, Philly may not win the SB, but they are still top 10 team in the NFL. Their biggest problem was McNabb, and for Eagles fans, that's a good thing. He had a bad game. He will rebound. But it's good to see them with a loss already

They could not score more than 10 points because of Jeremiah Freaking Trotter?? No, this is the way of the NFL. Anyone notice that David Akers missed two field goals to start the game? Chinks are showing up everywhere and all at once. Philly is now good, but no longer elite. Sorry, but McNabb getting smashed is part of the game. News flash, it's football!

Even healthy, right now McNabb has no one to throw to who can separate except Owens and then underneath to Westbrook. Any good defense should make it very hard on the Eagles.

The Eagles' defensive front is awful, Trotter or no. Kearse was unconfident in his run defense, and Trotter himself is a very limited linebacker with no ability to cover.

Philly's strength right now is their secondary, and that keeps them good enough to stay in games, but not enough to win them (against quality teams).