News: ESPN: QB Aaron Rodgers not at Green Bay Packers OTAs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Aaron Rodgers was not among the group of players who reported to Lambeau Field on Monday for the start of organized team activities, a source told ESPN.

That came as no surprise to the team given that Rodgers did not participate in Phase One, which the Packers held virtually for the previous four weeks, or Phase Two, which was held in person last week.

Phase Three, which includes 10 total days of work spread out over four weeks, began Monday. The first session open to reporters is Tuesday.

The entire offseason program, excluding the June 8-10 mandatory minicamp, is voluntary. However, Rodgers is one of 19 Packers' players with an offseason workout bonus. He already has missed enough to disqualify him from cashing his $500,000 bonus.

It's another sign that nothing has changed in the standoff between the Packers and Rodgers, who has told some in the organization that he does want to play here again after spending the first 16 years of his NFL career in Green Bay.

The Packers have maintained that they have no desire to trade Rodgers and want him to return for "2021 and beyond," as Packers president Mark Murphy put it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31503685/source-qb-aaron-rodgers-not-green-bay-packers-otas

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GB can either call Rodgers bluff or they can give him what he wants which is to trade him. I would think any trade would come with a hefty package of top picks. Meanwhile GB drafted Love in the 1st rd in 2020. Why would you draft a guy in the 1st rd if the intent was not to eventually go to him as your starter?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
GB can either call Rodgers bluff or they can give him what he wants which is to trade him. I would think any trade would come with a hefty package of top picks. Meanwhile GB drafted Love in the 1st rd in 2020. Why would you draft a guy in the 1st rd of the intent was not to eventually go to him as your starter?

Exactly.........pretty sure Rodgers asked the same question. Just me, but I think he's done with them. When you consider the presence of Love AND he wants a new deal, this is messy.

Side note: I know the Raiders and Broncos are mentioned as possible landing spots but don't sleep on the WFT. They have all the ammo and I just read that Synder wants a new stadium by 2027. The scary thing is we know they're only a major upgrade at that position from being a serious contender.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Side note: I know the Raiders and Broncos are mentioned as possible landing spots but don't sleep on the WFT. They have all the ammo and I just read that Synder wants a new stadium by 2027. The scary thing is we know they're only a major upgrade at that position from being a serious contender.

WFT - Rodgers , not likely but can happen, it will be bad for NFC E , since WFT has a very good defense and become a contender with Aaron R ( Cowboy Killer) :(:(:angry:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The typical...."Dak sucks" but let's trade him for Aaron Rodgers and throw in a 3rd and 4th round pick that's equivalent to drafting a special teams players.
Dak doesn't suck, but Rodgers is just light years better.

Green Bay gets a QB and a few draft picks instead of nothing.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Exactly.........pretty sure Rodgers asked the same question. Just me, but I think he's done with them. When you consider the presence of Love AND he wants a new deal, this is messy.

WFT let Kerrigan go and dumped Moses, saving over $10M. Either Li’l Danny is short on cash or something is up. My guess is it is for Desean Watson but it could be for Rodgers or even Wilson if the price is right for compensation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak doesn't suck, but Rodgers is just light years better.

Green Bay gets a QB and a few draft picks instead of nothing.
GB has a QB lol...they just drafted Jordan Love lol. The Packers don't need to settle for 3rd and 4th rounders and Dak's salary because they can't trade Aaron Rodgers.....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
GB has a QB lol...they just drafted Jordan Love lol. The Packers don't need to settle for 3rd and 4th rounders and Dak's salary because they can't trade Aaron Rodgers.....
It was a joke. I know it's unrealistic and not happening. Have a sense of humor! lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
WFT - Rodgers , not likely but can happen, it will be bad for NFC E , since WFT has a very good defense and become a contender with Aaron R ( Cowboy Killer) :(:(:angry:

Remember that made an offer to Stafford and from my understanding, they were also going after Watson.