Image: ESPN ranks Cowboys 3rd best chance to win NFC (May 17)

Praxit

Reaction score
I would change #3 and 4. I think the Cowboys were the 4th or 5th best in the NFC last year and haven't really seen them improve that team.
..CC, I think MM will pull out all the tricks in the bag this year. Got nothing to lose.. lol..

Praxit

Reaction score
I hope they're right.

2022-01-05-5.png
...I have to admit, luve the optimism. Got me feeling good. ;)

Mookie

Reaction score
Coach, Have to disagree, the Eagles added an all pro Wideout, and did not have the talent loss we had in Coop and Randy.
They had a stronger draft than us, and their picks could step up just as easy as ours could.
Bottom line, the Eagles gained talent while we lost some.
Be interesting to see how much the gap has closed.
The NFL is all about QB play, and no matter how complete your roster is, without a competent QB the quality of the roster gets wasted.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The NFL is all about QB play, and no matter how complete your roster is, without a competent QB the quality of the roster gets wasted.
Eagles qb went to the pro bowl.
So he is at least competent.
Not saying he's great or anything.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hope they're right.

2022-01-05-5.png
Well NFC is weaker this year compared to AFC. But Tampa? With Brady!!...and I can't see us being better than AZ and SF both of whom.beat us. And I think Philly takes the division this year. We are at best...7th...

Flamma

Reaction score
Eagles qb went to the pro bowl.
So he is at least competent.
Not saying he's great or anything.

I'm an optimist in life and usually a pessimist when it comes to the Cowboys. But I have zero fear of the Eagles. It's because of their QB. His pro bowl appearence doesn't impress me, I think the QB is trash. He's really good when involved in the run game, but when it comes time to throw the ball, forget it. Minshew should be starting over that bum. And I don't even think he's that good. But they want to justify their 2nd round pick.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm an optimist in life and usually a pessimist when it comes to the Cowboys. But I have zero fear of the Eagles. It's because of their QB. His pro bowl appearence doesn't impress me, I think the QB is trash. He's really good when involved in the run game, but when it comes time to throw the ball, forget it. Minshew should be starting over that bum. And I don't even think he's that good. But they want to justify their 2nd round pick.
The Eagles QB only has 1 less Pro Bowl appearance than our QB :lmao::lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our chances were better last year at this time. Next year we’ll have the 4th or 5th best chance in May.

CWR

Reaction score
CWR, Exactly what did we do to fix out run game?
We drafted a raw Olineman that has potential, while losing 2 starting Olinemen.
You could make a case that our Offense took a step back since last year especially with the lose of Coop.
BTW, Like your posts, just wanted to understand your position...

Understood, and like I said we really do have to see how it shapes up. Tyler Smith could help give the line the push up the middle it needs. Steele while he isn't as good a run blocker as LC, played really well when he was at RT. They shouldn't have moved him. I think they brought in Schotenhiemer for help coordinating the run as well.

I think its fair to say our running games hopes depend largely on a rookie Guard being a substantial improvement. That and maybe Biadasz gets pushed out of the starting line up. Maybe our coaches wake up and utilize TP more, as well as maybe Zekes injury held him back. Maybe, just maybe we make an active attempt at coordinating the run game. I also think Schultz and the TE position does a better job blocking this year.

As far as run defense we are stuck hoping Ridgeway and the end spot formerly occupied by Gregory, are improvements.

There are a ton of maybe and what ifs for us to get there. My argument is only that if we hit at the positions we desperately needed their impacts would be enormous. I realize it's a big IF, and expect a 10-11 win team that whiffs in the wildcard round. Anything else will be a pleasant suprise.