ESPN Rick Spielman 3/30 Chat Wrap...1 'boys blurb

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Dallas didn't actually get younger when you look at it, T.O. will be 33 by years end, Fabini is 30ish and Vanderjerk is 36. I think this is a make or break year for this particular team.
Make or break year? That is a little overboard don't you think?

We are way to young and way to good on D for that to happen.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
I'm gonna call BS on a couple of these real quick.

You do what you want to, little fella.

firehawk350 said:
First off, Julius Jones IS NOT AN ELITE BACK. Good games against mediocre defenses does not make a good running back. But go on and keep thinking JJ is the franchise's future.

You quoted what I wrote, so I'm a little mystified that you seem to think that I said Julius is an elite back. I said very good back, which in my mind is a ways from elite. You call Carolina's defense mediocre? JJ may be the future and he may not. This year will tell a lot.

firehawk350 said:
"A year under this dude's belt, a year under that dude's belt" Blah blah blah... So your argument is that the young guys get better, but yet that doesn't apply to Brandon Lloyd??? The ONLY thing he was missing last year was concentration. He is coming into his 3rd year, he's already proved he can make plays. So we should see an improvement there, right? But yet, we added no playmakers???

First off... yes, I'm saying that all our young guys will get better. That really shouldn't come as a shock to you either, there sport. Pretty common for guys to be a good bit better their sophmore years than they were as rookies.

Secondly, where in the hell did you see that I said it doesn't apply to Brandon Lloyd? I never even mentioned him... or any other of the Commander players. Did you even read what I wrote before you quoted it and just started spewing out crap? You better hope to God that Lloyd gets better, or your team just wasted a boatload of money on his butt... and to be fair, I think he will improve.

Again, I never even once said anything about any Commander players... I was talking about Dallas players. So... what makes you think I said that you didn't add any playmakers? You seem a bit insecure to tell you the truth.

firehawk350 said:

*yawn*

firehawk350 said:
I see you say that you got rid of "declining talent" because they got old? But this logic doesn't apply to Bledsoe, TO, Terry Glenn and Adams. Odd enough.

When did I say that? psycho...

firehawk350 said:
Before you jump on my case, let me just point some things out. The Skins do have someone OLDER then Bledsoe in the pocket. Yet Brunell posted better stats then Brunell, WITH LESS. Brunell didn't have Witten (though I'm a cooley fan by all accounts). Brunell had a better threat in Moss but lacked a #2, or #3 or a #4. And we brought offensive genius Al Saunders aboard. Anyone think this will in any way hurt our offense? The defense has a hole or two, but we also have Gregg Williams, who can lead a team to a #3 ranking without Lavar, so why can't he do so again? So how does the prospects for Dallas look that much better then the prospects for Washington.

This is funny. I never even mentioned Washington's prospects. I never said anything about how old Brunell is or the fact that Dallas has better offensive players than Washington. That is what you were saying, right? Brunell did more with less on offense?

I didn't say how Gregg Williams would do. I didn't say Saunders would hurt your offense. I never mentioned any Commander players.

Really dude... or are you a chick? Really, you need to learn to be a little more effective in your arguments. You barely made sense and it was almost like you couldn't comprehend what I had written.

Don't worry though, as you get older, I bet you learn to at least be somewhat effective in getting your thoughts across.

Until then, I hope your teams acquisitions turn out okay. I mean, just because they were paid way too much money, doesn't mean that they still can't be pretty good players. Lloyd's "Concentration" problems, as you put it, hopefully will decrease at least some, because if they don't, that guy is going to lose you some ballgames with untimely drops. They should call him butterfingers.

Maybe Randal El will provide some good punt returns for you guys and you won't be stuck with the world's highest paid 3rd reciever. :laugh2:

Personally, I think Archuleta's best days are long behind him... I think you can stick a fork in that guy. Your saving grace will probably be that Gregg Williams is a good enough coach to cover up for him... problem is he could've done that for someone at a fraction of the cost. Ah well... Snyder is good at avoiding cap hell, so it probably doesn't matter. No harm other than the rest of the owners in the NFL laughing at little Danny.

Carter at DE... I hope he isn't as bad as he's looked the last couple of years, because your team really needs some sort of pass rush. The DE's there in washington have been wretched.

But just because the Commanders free agent pickups were dumb and overpaid, doesn't mean that all is lost. No, you still have Portis, who is a very good back (even though he's a cross-dresser), a decent O-line, Moss (as long as he stays healthy) and good offensive and defensive coordinators. Taylor is good (if he stays out of jail) and Griffin is good. Washington too.

So don't feel too bad, little fella.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
sn2.gif
Rick Spielman: (4:01 PM ET ) Thanks for joining me today. Let's get started on your questions.

JC DC: Rick, How do you think the NFC East shakes out this year? Are you part of the ludicrous TO was a good move camp and the Cowboys will be a superbowl contender? The MSM of the sports media is so funny. The Cowboys were ok last yr but got crushed a few times towards the end of the season. They will not be much better this year. thanks.

sn2.gif
Rick Spielman: (4:06 PM ET ) I am not a T. O. fan. I think he will bring down the Cowboys eventually. If he had issues with McNabb, he have plenty more with Bledsoe. They still have offensive line issues. Drew caqn't move in the pocket and if he spends most of the game on his back it won't matter if they have TO or not. I think the team to beat at this time is the Wash Commanders. With the addition of Saunders as OC and the playmakers they addedat wr they should be a much more explosive offense
:puke:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
firehawk350 said:
but yet that doesn't apply to Brandon Lloyd??? The ONLY thing he was missing last year was concentration. He is coming into his 3rd year, .

lloyd is coming into his 4th year not third. Let me know if you need help with any other of your teams players I am alway glad to share knowledge with mental midgets like yourself :)

djmajestik

Reaction score
Rack said:
We did? We got "Crushed" one time all season. *** is this guy smoking?

What ever it is, he's f in up the rotation. Puff puff give, puff puff give. :D

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Originally Posted by firehawk350
but yet that doesn't apply to Brandon Lloyd??? The ONLY thing he was missing last year was concentration. He is coming into his 3rd year, .

id say thats a pretty major problem, regardless if it was his only problem or not.

and im still not sold that Wash has a QB that can get the ball to all of these threats