Twitter: ESPN Scout Louis Riddick: Dez Bryant all-around gifted WR; talks run game and Free

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Dez is better than Calvin was at his point of his career. Calvin is better right now but Dez definitely is capable of being the best in the NFL. Maybe he doesn't have the same size or speed, so what? There is something called work ethic.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Dez is better than Calvin was at his point of his career. Calvin is better right now but Dez definitely is capable of being the best in the NFL. Maybe he doesn't have the same size or speed, so what? There is something called work ethic.

It ain't work ethic that's gonna make Dez the best receiver in the NFL. It's pure talent. Calvin Johnson is a big, stiff legged giraffe. How some of you can look at that guy and think he has anywhere near the athleticism that Dez has is total lunacy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I still just don't see it. I love Dez. I think he's top 3 talent in the league.I think he could be the best WR in the game soon, but I just don't see him being more physically gifted than Julio Jones/Calvin Johnson. It's not a huge gap or anything between Dez and those two, in fact I'd say that Julio is only very slightly more gifted.

except in the hands. dez has the most natural hands of those gifted WRs.
he catches a ridiculous number of passes with 1 hand.

but yea, if the argument is julio, dez or CJ well that's a great position to be in.

as an aside....
jerry rice was a better receiver than michael irvin but give me irvin every time.
irvin is the guy i'd want to be a bunker with.

dez has a lot of irvin in him.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
except in the hands. dez has the most natural hands of those gifted WRs.
he catches a ridiculous number of passes with 1 hand.

but yea, if the argument is julio, dez or CJ well that's a great position to be in.

as an aside....
jerry rice was a better receiver than michael irvin but give me irvin every time.
irvin is the guy i'd want to be a bunker with.

dez has a lot of irvin in him.

Yeah. I think Dez has the best hands in the league, but it's hard to quantify or prove. I'm Just going by the eye test.

He's in very good company, I agree. Definitely not trying to knock the guy.

visionary

Reaction score
Imagine .. just for a moment .. if Jerry had passed on him :D

/reality

as much as i dislike jerry the owner/GM and am not sold on garrett the HC, i will give them both credit for Dez

jerry for picking him and jerry and garrett for helping him grow

having said this, Dez still has some growing/maturing to do

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson is a big, stiff legged giraffe. How some of you can look at that guy and think he has anywhere near the athleticism that Dez has is total lunacy.

Lunacy? Really? Johnson is 6'5", 240lbs. Runs a 4.32 forty, 43+ vertical and a a 11'7" broad jump.

Dez? 6'2", 225. 4.53 forty, 38 inch vertical and an 11"1" broad jump.

Love you some Dez, but Calvin is a freak.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
It would be great if Dez was the best receiver in football, and he may well be (we'll see), but even if he is not, he is one of the best, and that's good news.